Dark Avengers: Heroic (May 11 - May 14)

Options

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I am -struggling- with the (node?) that auto gives you Thor/IW/Vision versus goons, called "The Big Guns."

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, that trio just seems terrible, but then again, Im not familiar with them at all.

You can try this node as often as you like because the loaners you get will be full health after the match anyway (don't use your own characters on these kind of nodes is my advice).

The way I beat it is by targeting the Lieutenant first and try to match as much yellow and green as possible, use Thor's yellow into green combo. You could also try Vision's blue into red combo if the opportunity arises, but Thor delivers the most damage here, and Thor's red might create some yellow tiles which can help you to match the yellow CD tiles. Second target doesn't matter that much but I prefer to take out the Grenadier (before the Pyro) because he has a bigger destruction radius on his CD tiles.

Maybe you already beat it by now, but otherwise I hope this helps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    For the introduction node you can just do Density Heavy into a Heavy Strike and that'll usually be enough. You can try to do Force Bubble into Force Bubble Crush but that takes a bit more AP. You can also just match 3 someone to death with Density Heavy. Just make sure you got something Vision can match before you use Density Heavy.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Enjoying the scaling in this one, the last node with two goons feeding Ares.
    Either he get's a lucky cascade of turn 1 on top of being fed and Sunder > Onslaught - Instadeath.

Or once in a blue moon i manage to get a very very lucky cascade and take relative little damage.

It only scales one way, so let's add 50 levels to Ares so he can pretty much one shot you with an Sunder.... or love tap you twice with baby Onslaught

halfway to progression at least icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So.... Sentry is in the second sub as reinforcements. In an event where he is in 33% of the nodes unusable. Da hell?
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    So, this event made me realize that even after her second buff, IW is still godawful.

I actually have a bunch of her covers. She's 5/5/2, but she is pulling a lot less weight than my 2* Thor. I know she needs the 5 green to be at her best, but the green covers just never came.

Once we get to the 4*s where I have only 1 or 2 covers, this will get really ugly.

I'd say that she is somewhat useful now. She now has a lot of HP so that's at least that. Her blue being that cheap and lying down a nice protect tile every time is also good. Her blue can be used to "freeze" CD's/strike/protect/attack tiles which is incredibly useful for PVE and is fairly rare. Yellow is... it is what it is. It's much cheaper now and it might give you win sometimes when IW is the only one left.

Green has nice damage now but I don't like how it interacts with her blue. If you blow up bubbles and there's a special tile under it, it will reactivate unless you down that character. Feels silly to me.
    I've got a 5-1-3 IW and thought she might give me some advantage - err, nope - need 3 in blue to lock special tiles lol. Guess she's staying at level 70.
    In the sample node tried to get 5-3-5 Vision to do his abilities - had tons of blue and yellow - got one blue-red combo off before the node was over - completely underwhelmed lol.
    2-star Thor has it all over those two.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I am -struggling- with the (node?) that auto gives you Thor/IW/Vision versus goons, called "The Big Guns."

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, that trio just seems terrible, but then again, Im not familiar with them at all.
    It's a badly designed node, easily the worst 'loaner' PvE node I've ever seen. In almost every PvE I've played, the loaners have rainbow coverage and reasonably complimentary powers. This node is a mess. No black nor purple coverage at all, everyone has a yellow, and there's no synergy whatsoever between the characters (Vision in particular seems to have a really bad power set, and I have no desire to add him to my roster). I almost wiped on it this morning. That's unheard of for the loaner node.

Thor yellow into his green for damage, I guess. But if you get a purple+black+blue heavy board.. retreat. No harm done. It's not worth the time. They're just loaners.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's weird that you're relying on Thor compared to Vision. Density Heavy is the way to go when you have stuff to match. Even matching purple will do about 800 damage. I do agree that I haven't had as a hard a time on a loaner node since maybe quicksilver?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

It's a badly designed node, easily the worst 'loaner' PvE node I've ever seen. In almost every PvE I've played, the loaners have rainbow coverage and reasonably complimentary powers. This node is a mess. No black nor purple coverage at all, everyone has a yellow, and there's no synergy whatsoever between the characters (Vision in particular seems to have a really bad power set, and I have no desire to add him to my roster). I almost wiped on it this morning. That's unheard of for the loaner node.

Thor yellow into his green for damage, I guess. But if you get a purple+black+blue heavy board.. retreat. No harm done. It's not worth the time. They're just loaners.
    I don't know. Prodigal Sun loaner nodes tend to suck pretty tinykitty hard because they force you to use Bullseye/2*Daken

Ok, now I almost forgot to write what I didn't like about this event:

wayyyyy too short
    having to do nodes WITHOUT loaner characters to get into a sub
    the heroic roster sucks, but at least I'm not grinding with it
    2 nodes w/ Hood getting fed yellow? really D3?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just hit 17K and earned the blue vision. And done for the event.

Good luck to anyone who is grinding this thing out. m
  • Unknown
    Options
    I eventually figured out to focus on stock piling blue and green ap, and using thors red/yellow as a secondary focus, and chipping the guys as much as possible, and whenever a countdown tile got low, use IW blue to lock a tile near it, (and other countdowns if possible) and then use the green to pop the tiles.

This overkilled the heck out of the mob I was targeting, but it kept the team upright while I finished out.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    some of these nodes start with spectacular cascades... great if you like the flashies but hard to do much when they start with 20 ap. health pack central with the heroic...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Everyone enjoying the Hood + 2 Dons node? They feed 4 bk/yel per turn. icon_twisted.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it just my bracket or are people really grinding this one? I was expecting Colossus to not be as prized, even when considering that he hasn't been as common a reward as other characters.

(Yes, there is the Vision progression cover, but even casual playing would get that before the Vision PVP starts)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    Goodness this is starting off brutal - even with max. super-buffed Punisher & Magneto w/ Black Widow, barely made it round the map...

This would seem impossible once community scaling kicks in. icon_neutral.gif

N.B. For those without 2* Daken: the current thinking is that the 2* cover in each event will be the essential 2* in the next, so hold on to that cover (if the 2* & 4* essential pattern isn't putting you off PvE altogether).
    This theory did not hold up. 2* essential for Hulk is Wolverine
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Is it just my bracket or are people really grinding this one? I was expecting Colossus to not be as prized, even when considering that he hasn't been as common a reward as other characters.

(Yes, there is the Vision progression cover, but even casual playing would get that before the Vision PVP starts)

I have also noticed a weird amount of high intensity play (dropping 100+ places, rising 100+ places every 7-8 hours). Are you in a bracket ending in just under an hour? I'm just about to finish my progression, and then you can have my spot... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    It seems like they may have dialed back some of the insanity around essential scaling (e.g. you have level 150 on essentials with a maxed roster, some transition guy has level 75 on the same nodes) so it's hard to predict bracket activity with any certainty. It looks like if you have all the relevent featured characters and especially the reinforcements you can always go toe to toe with anything the game throws at you, not necessarily easily but a level 290 Sentry or Captain Marvel can definitely hang with even the cheapest nodes out there. Right now it's looking like just 3 clears at the end for hard/essential will easily secure a top 10 so I'd expect a lot of volatility since that's in theory doable by anybody if they really tried, even though it's a lot harder than it sounds, but it's not impossible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If things don't change dramatically in my bracket I will finish #1 or maybe #2. First top ranking reward in more than a year. icon_e_biggrin.gif I started playing with a significant delay so I missed 1-1.5 subs and since I wasn't sure I could get enough points for Vision, I decided to grind. Despite entering the bracket as #448, by the time I finished the first sub I was in the low 50s. Right now I am #1 with 52k points with #3 at 47k. The scaling is... intense. The "Too Little, Too Late" node is in the 270s and the Juggernaut node is at 240s, but at least most other nodes are in the 150-170 range. I expected the next pve to give a new character, but Daken was a pleasant surprise, so I can skip it. Blue Fury is the main reason I decided to push because mine is still 1/0/1 from the 1st and 2rd season alliance rewards, but I wish the 3* progression reward was better. All this effort seems wasted if it's only for a 4* who has little chance to be fully covered any time soon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    really hate having to use non-loaner characters before I even get into a sub....
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    TheVulture wrote:
    Goodness this is starting off brutal - even with max. super-buffed Punisher & Magneto w/ Black Widow, barely made it round the map...

This would seem impossible once community scaling kicks in. icon_neutral.gif

N.B. For those without 2* Daken: the current thinking is that the 2* cover in each event will be the essential 2* in the next, so hold on to that cover (if the 2* & 4* essential pattern isn't putting you off PvE altogether).
    This theory did not hold up. 2* essential for Hulk is Wolverine

It must be determined by the placement rewards. The essentials for the Hulk PVE is Nick Fury, Colossus and 2* Wolverine; for this event reward for 1-2 is Fury, 3-150 is Colossus and 151-400 is 2* Wolvie.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    really hate having to use non-loaner characters before I even get into a sub....

Not even in the subs yet, did my DPD and 4 of the pre-req boards.. now out of heals. why 6 boards before you can get to the sub... i already have the final progression, but i need top 150!