What if...the 2* Essential is not an oops...

2»

Comments

• Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    If you are having problems with retaining characters for essentials, just keep one roster slot free specifically for it and keep your 2-star draws in your recruit queue, only selling them the day before they expire. Once a 2-star character becomes essential, you can recruit them into that spare slot. When the event is over, you can recycle that slot for the next essential character.

2-star rewards are super easy to come by these days and the chances are you will have earned at least 1 cover of each character within a week.

You also don't really need to level the essential character. Just imagine it like using a loaner character on PvP. Obviously people with a well-leveled 2-star will be at an advantage but it doesn't really affect your game that much since it's just one node per sub. You can fill the other two places with your good 3-star characters and easily clear it.

Well, this is assuming that they will be continuing to require a 2-star character for essentials every pve event. For all we know they will change their mind in a couple of weeks.

While in principle I agree with this, it assumes you have sufficient Roster space for a rotating spot. I don't have enough HP for all the new characters that have been released in the past few weeks as well as all the existing characters that I've been gaining over time. When it becomes a decision for dropping 3-stars with low numbers of covers to make sure you have the latest Essentials... Currently I have around 5x 3-star covers slowly expiring in my queue waiting for HP for spots which cost ~600-650 for me currently.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono wrote:
    I do not get why so many people are upset over this especially sine Steve Rogers is available as opposed to using the 2 star. Stop crying how evil you think D3 is and pay attention.

Steve Rogers was available in place of the 2* Cap in ONE node, in one ONE map, in ONE sub, by MISTAKE ! Being able to use the 3* version instead of 2* was a glitch for that particular node. It's not that I think D3/Demiurge is evil, I just don't like some of the changes they make. Not all of them, there are a lot of changes I do like. I still love the game and play way more than I should. And I'm sure there are people that really like the changes I don't where as I like the ones they don't. Everybody plays differently.

However, we have seen in the Ultron event that it is possible to make the essential characters interchangeable. So having the option to play either one would be nice. But just because it's possible does not mean it's going to happen. As for if it will or not, I'm basing my opinion off of past changes and saying No, not gonna happen. I don't think that if 2* essential became a regular thing that we could use any version in it's place.

I just hope I'm wrong.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alliance mates are reporting Dark Avengers Heroic is also using the 2/3/4 essential model. Thor/Vision/IW

Stock up on roster slots, don't throw ANYONE away

If this is the new normal they need to revisit roster slot prices as the game is no longer decide who you keep but keep them all.

You need 1*s for DDQ and 2/3/4* for essentials
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    MPQ does have rules...
      MPQ's rules are hidden (most often) MPQ's rules are changing (on a regular basis) MPQ's rules have a meaning (or not
    icon_neutral.gif ?)
    ...but MPQ does have rules

Seriously, I'm not angry just sarcastic.
    I can deal with changing rules even when it's a bit unpleasant.
    What I don't like it's that devs aren't clear about their own vision of the game (the vision that should be reflected by the rules).

I mean, when asked about roster cost issue, they replied more or less that it was not an issue because:
      1. the flow of HP has increased (DDQ). 2. they wanted that the players had to make choices about who to keep in their roster
    I understood the point 1., they have to monetize the game, they want us to spend on roster slots, fair enough. But with the point 2. they suggested that we didn't need to have all the same roster and only the most hardcore collector gamer would have to buy a spot for each character. Now, this new 4*/3*/2* essentials thing in PvE says another philosophy: if you want to do well (be competitve) in PvE you have to keep every character.

TL;DR: Demiurge, what is actually your vision of the game icon_question.gif