5 Health Packs? How about 8-10???

2»

Comments

• how about 1 health pack for 10 or 15 minutes.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Honestly this stuff boggles the mind. Do any of you understand what it is like to run a business? D3 needs to make money somehow so they can pay their employees to...you know make the game! They generate revenue from selling things in the game like health packs. Five free every 2.5hrs is more than enough for a free gamer but for those that want to push more they have the option to buy more. Increasing to ten refreshing faster than five right now would likely cause the game to shut down. Give your heads a shake.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    SangFroid wrote:
    Honestly this stuff boggles the mind. Do any of you understand what it is like to run a business? D3 needs to make money somehow so they can pay their employees to...you know make the game! They generate revenue from selling things in the game like health packs. Five free every 2.5hrs is more than enough for a free gamer but for those that want to push more they have the option to buy more. Increasing to ten refreshing faster than five right now would likely cause the game to shut down. Give your heads a shake.

I don't know about most of you but I think I've spent all of 400-500 HP on health packs and those were desperate measures. It's a waste and I all but refuse to do it. I highly doubt that's a significant source of revenue compared to shields. But I think they make most of their money off of covers.
  • Noobulator wrote:
    SangFroid wrote:

I don't know about most of you but I think I've spent all of 400-500 HP on health packs and those were desperate measures. It's a waste and I all but refuse to do it. I highly doubt that's a significant source of revenue compared to shields. But I think they make most of their money off of covers.

I wrote a lengthy response a while ago but deleted it. Your response does nicely. IAH, the fact that I can buy health for HP at all is itself a natural deterrent. Every time I am faced with actually needing to pay for health, I get frustrated about having to use HP for it and ultimately play a different game until my characters have healed.

Shields? Sure. Covers? Naturally. But health? Uhm, yeah. No, especially in light of how virtually every other game I play treats health.

DBC
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    please no, there is so much grinding already just to stay close I do not want those super grinders having 10 health packs
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    You would just make it so health returned after a victory...retreating would still lose 1/3 health.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    please no, there is so much grinding already just to stay close I do not want those super grinders having 10 health packs

I would assume that a fair number of super grinders would pay for health if they needed it anyway, so I'm not sure if an increase for all players is going to affect that particular group very much. I would think negligible at best.

Out-of-match healing would essentially eliminate all the frustration of losing "true healing." It would do nothing to harm "in-match" parameters (players could use non-persistent healing like they do now, which would still be a useful feature). Finally, it wouldn't change the grind picture too much, simply because people would have to finish grinding much longer matches anyway, just like they do now.

If a character survives, full heal outside of match. If they go down, either the existing countdown or a health pack to revive. Keep the total health pack allotment at 5. Done.

DBC
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to revisit yet another suggestion from many moons ago.

Bonus health packs from daily rewards or progression or the prologue get put into a separate kitty. You use those only when your 5 free health packs are depleted.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Time to revisit yet another suggestion from many moons ago.

Bonus health packs from daily rewards or progression or the prologue get put into a separate kitty. You use those only when your 5 free health packs are depleted.

Feel like starting a petition? I'll be your first signature. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    wounded characters instant healing would result in more people retreating though .. unfortunately ...

icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Could always code it so that disconnects/retreats behave as they do now. you have to complete the fight in order to be fully recovered on a wounded character.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy solution is to drop "True Healing". It was one of the most hated changes ever !are aside from Rags and Spiderman nerfs.

That way those who want to grind can, those who are a bit less patient can buy and those who wish to remain casual can still play casual. I don't think it is any secret that purchases of health packs using HP is very low compared to say cover, roster slots or shields. I still laugh my head off when I think that people who use shields are actually paying to not play.