5 Health Packs? How about 8-10???

Noobulator
Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can you all reconsider the maximum refreshable health packs that are allowed? With buffed characters I find I need far more health packs than ever before. You've drastically changed the dynamic of the game with these buffed weekly characters. I think it's only reasonable to consider the effects to health packs as well. I thinking between 8-10 is about right.

Thanks

Comments

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I had made a suggestion a while ago to have 5 Health Packs in Pve and 5 for PvP, but the topic never got much notice in the other forums.

I was talking to my alliance about it (since some like PvE and some PvP) and they said they would actually do both if it was set up to have 5 Health Packs for each.
  • Noobulator
    Aside from PvEs like this one or gauntlet, I rarely lose much health for that portion of the game. It's taking 11k shots from cyclops, for example, that is devastating.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    This really is a good idea especially after the recent changes to health and buffed weekly characters!
  • At this point I would simply be happy with a secondary inventory slot for another 5 earned or purchased health packs.

It is a rare thing indeed when I have a full compliment of health packs before "earning" 1 or 3 more unless I spend precious time holding off on the required victory. Though they are always used when acquired, it's not a reward of note when you can accomplish the same task by turning off the game for an hour and a half.
  • Noobulator
    Also let's not forget that we see max teams from the start. So I grind all of PVP with my "A" or "A-" team to reduce retaliations. Means I really use less of my roster than I did before these buffed characters were out.
  • Totally, the lack of health packs is prohibitive of full gameplay, so I quit PvP.
    More packs = more gameplay = more spending.

Easy maths, really.
  • Yes, and regen of a Pack reduced to 30 minutes instead of 36.

I guess with the changes, they'll analyse the data, and will change that only if the Health packs sales did not increase since the change.

I too play less of mostly everything : LR (only seed teams now), hardly touch Simulator anymore, and score lower in PvP.

Spending 200 HP for 5 Health Packs could cost a fortune really.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    5? How about 45? The latter is how many you get in a day. Yes, it requires them to be constantly refreshing, but there are that many available.

Of course, I'd like a bigger parachute too, but 5 is a manageable number.

I'd much rather they address the horrific character healing rates than health packs.
  • Noobulator
    5? How about 45? The latter is how many you get in a day. Yes, it requires them to be constantly refreshing, but there are that many available.

Of course, I'd like a bigger parachute too, but 5 is a manageable number.

I'd much rather they address the horrific character healing rates than health packs.

I guess I don't want to be glued to my phone all day long.
  • Why not have both? The healing rates were reduced a lot once (which was helpful), but I think another reduction would be in order. And I'm experiencing the same, while I have fun with the buffed characters, I burn through more health packs than I would have otherwise. It's what keeps me from playing PvE most of the time.
  • Cussmar
    Cussmar Posts: 2
    You're right.
    5 health packs are not enough. 10 would be nice.
  • How about wounded characters instantly heal after a match, DEAD characters revive with medpacks?
  • Noobulator
    dearbluey wrote:
    How about wounded characters instantly heal after a match, DEAD characters revive with medpacks?

Yeah that's a good solution too. All I'm really saying is that "health management" isn't balanced with recent changes.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobulator wrote:

I guess I don't want to be glued to my phone all day long.

(insert joke about MPQ being the wrong game for you)

If you're playing competitive PvE, you're already committing yourself to every 8 hours. So that's 15 there, and if you're doing the final clear of a sub, you're locked in for a couple of hours so that's another 4-5 you're accruing.

I don't think anyone is actually utilizing all 45 a day (ok, I bet a few are), but if you've got any competitive itch in this game, you're definitely using 20+ before the consideration to buy health even comes into focus.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    dearbluey wrote:
    How about wounded characters instantly heal after a match, DEAD characters revive with medpacks?
    I'd like that. My idea was to have seperate health pools for pve and pvp, so that your characters wounded in pvp would still have max health for pve and vice versa. That might be a little less hard on the health pack sales.
  • This has always confused me about FTP games.

Why do some many of them go out of there way to actively promote me not to play their game. I guess enough impatient people spend money to get around it to make it wrothwhile but it just encourages me to play something else.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    or make healthpack.png a winnable reward from fights, or after x number of fights get a healthpack.png
  • dearbluey wrote:

I suggested this in another thread, and I'm frankly confused as to why this isn't already the case with MPQ, considering how standardized it is outside this title, both in mobile and console titles.

DBC
  • hamsup_sotong
    hamsup_sotong Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    wounded characters instant healing would result in more people retreating though .. unfortunately ...

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Instead of complicating things with secondary inventories and separate health packs for pve and pvp, they should just drop the refresh time to 15-20 minutes from 35 minutes. Right now MPQ reminds me of some facebook games where you spend "energy" in order to play. However, what makes MPQ even worse than than those games is the timing restrictions that prevent you from waiting for the "energy" to fill up.