DDQ.... Patch yellow?

In less than 10 days I will be given X-Force green through the daily resupply rewards. This will give me a 1-3-1 X-Force yet I'm still waiting on my first Patch yellow to complement my already 3-3-0. Am I simply that unlucky or what?

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    They rotate. Check the ddq thread under events.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Everyone has weird blind spots in their roster. I have 14 fully covered 3* now, and still don't have a finished Patch. I have more Quicksilver covers than Spider-Man.
  • I'm sure you have covers for other characters that people who have Patch yellow do not have...it's not unlucky just random. While it would be cool if the game looked at covers you're missing and gave you a slightly better chance of getting those let's be honest that is never going to happen.

My X-Force is 4-1-0 entirely off standard tokens with the exception of 1 green daily reward I just got a few days ago while my Patch sits at 2-1-0. icon_lol.gif

Anyway don't fret as Patch yellow is coming to DDQ on 2015-05-22!
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I postwd about Patch today, too. 5 months in the game and I have yet to see a pve with him as a reward. Saving tacos and hoping to get something for once...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IIRC the last time they gave him out in PvE was the first run of Enemy of the State, around Christmas. So yeah, it would be about five months.
  • Patch was one of the first characters I ever got, looong before I even understood that 3*s were "better." For perspective, I'm on day 560. That said, my Patch is still at 112, and I don't remember (literally) the last time I saw a card for him.

DBC
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Patch is the new Black (Panther). Rarer than Amazing Fantasy #15.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with y'all. patch, daken, panther all lagging behind all my others (that I care about anyway). add blade, hulk and falcon and those are all my least covered guys that are all very useful. I do have others that I have plenty of covers for. one weird one for me is my punisher - he is 5/5/- (had him for a long time). can't seem to find a red for him. he should be coming up in ddq before too long. my patch is at 1/3/-. needs a lot of work and I'd use him almost as much as my Lthor if I had him.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    When there were rotations, he was rotated out twice. I don't remember about ever seeing a yellow reward PVP. A little after I passed a year they gave out a yellow for progression, and it was my 3rd or 4th, picked up a 5th somewhere.

But others are right, it does happen to some character you have. I'm on day 413 and only saw my 2nd CMags-red after the first DDQ rotation.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    I'm with y'all. patch, daken, panther all lagging behind all my others (that I care about anyway). add blade, hulk and falcon and those are all my least covered guys that are all very useful. I do have others that I have plenty of covers for. one weird one for me is my punisher - he is 5/5/- (had him for a long time). can't seem to find a red for him. he should be coming up in ddq before too long. my patch is at 1/3/-. needs a lot of work and I'd use him almost as much as my Lthor if I had him.

Too funny. I actually have an aging 1-cover punisher. The one cover? redflag.png

DBC
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Oddly enough Yellow was my first fully covered Patch cover. I only recently was able to get him the rest of the covers he needed.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Took me 238 days to get a purpleflag.png Deadpool.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Patch yellow is a rare item. I'm still waiting for the DDQ drop on him. Otherwise, since the complete roster is open in rotation, maybe we can have a chance to get it now. I'm missing the key elements to a lot of characters so don't feel bad. I had LThor without green, and GSBW without purple. Just got GSBW purple, Blade's green, and Gamora's Black.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Yesterday was my first blackflag.png for Gamora and next week will be my first blackflag.png for Psylocke, who was one of my very first star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters. blackflag.png seems to be my illusive cover/color.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I also had issues completing my patch. I had fully covered xforce (when he was bagforce) before i had patch. Funny part is, if i remember well, patch was given 2 seasons ago both in pve and pvp, and together with token pulls and DDQ i had chance of fully building him second time. So you were quite unlucky.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I had like three or four Patch covers seemingly forever. They had a technical glitch last year that caused them to give away Patch as a prize breaking their streak of 4,500,000 uninterrupted Mohawk Storm covers in a row during the first running of Enemy of The State. I was given one as compensation for all the technical issues causing my points not to count. I got all the rest I needed from amazingly lucky token pulls and DDQ. He was my 4th Level 166 character the day R75 came out. Hang in there.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I didn't have much trouble with Patch (luckily), but BP's black...oh man. Got my first one off the ddq what a week or two ago? On day 457 now.
  • As an example of terrible RNG, in 2 days, I will have a 0-5-5 Laken. I've somehow managed to pull his healing, and his Chemical reaction from every single cover, I didn't even get his healing during round 2 of DDQ.

As far as patch goes, I'm happy he's coming around right away, he's one of the characters I want to level up the most for Falcon/She Hulk/Loki synergies
  • Yeah, this is a weird one! I have Patch 5-4-0 all from reward tokens. And I got two more green Patch covers in one week recently when I can't use them. Certainly felt like the game was identifying what I didn't need and giving me that.

Annoying, but not the end of the world. Would be great to see that firsy yellow, as I haven't bothered levelling him properly without it.
  • xandro
    xandro Posts: 17
    I've been playing since December (Day 155) and Patch was the one character that I really wanted and then strangely enough, I got him on a Standard Token Pull last week. It was completely out of nowhere, got a green cover. So he's only at Level 40 for now, but at least I got him now and I can participate in getting at least one more cover for him in the DDQ (assuming of course that they might rotate him out as we're on the last set of covers for the main characters) If DDQ resets back to do another cycle of three covers, I certainly won't complain about it, hah.