How many of you had to give up on PVE due to nerfs? :(

Options
2»

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    I was also an owner of 85 Thorolvine.

After that, I ran an 80 Spidey/ 50 Patch / 35 OBW and did pretty much every mission that didn't have Ares. No way I was playing his missions with that team LoL
    That comp worked for me throughout the whole event. 130Spidey/54Patch/85OBW
    Ended up getting in the top 50 after getting knocked down by teams running with rosters that had around 1-2 lvl 50 covers as their strongest characters in the top 10.

I don't really understand this part. Are you saying the game mechanic favors players with rosters less than lv 50?

Is there a topic that you can refer me to on this part?
    What they're saying is Spidey is completely OP and next in line to be "funbalanced". Anyone with a lot of ranks in Spidey's blue can perma-stun the enemy team AND heal their team. It's stupid that they'd nerf Thor/Wolverine and leave this in. Don't expect it to last long.
  • The first half of the event was fairly easy I thought, even at level 230, because the Patch glitch meant I could generate a ridiculous number of strike tiles and tear through teams in no time. After Patch was fixed, I had to level him up to level 70, and use 60 Spider-Man and 47 OBW to win. I found most matches fairly winnable as long as the board was friendly with Blue tiles, especially as I would swap Spidey out for Magneto (Classic) for fights against Maggia as his Blue power means he could easily dispose of enemy countdown tiles.
  • At first I actually hated it. And barely played for about a day. But using OBW/Spidey/Patch and +3 Blue/Purple +3 Green/Black boosts I was actually able to get just outside of the top 10. Unfortunately I couldn't play the last two hours of the event, so I missed out on rubber banding shenanigans.
  • I gave up on pve because it was broken and deliberate dying as workaround is not something I like to spend my time on.

Too bad, the 2 DD covers would have been nice to have but the trouble not worth it, especially when the whole ship is going down.
  • @every1 saying boost removal was player suggestion.

If I remember correctly most of the suggestions were to remove boosts INSTEAD of nerfing all the low ap covers. Not nerfing covers AND removing boosts.
  • Got top 10 with 100 Spiderman / 82 OBW / 65 Patch. Don't want to level Patch anymore unless he's buffed for the next PvE event, as I have other guys I'd rather invest into. (Primarily villains to be quite blunt).
  • I skipped the sub for a day, then joined up when there was only time enough for one cycle, and even there I didn't do every mission, since a couple of them had gone sky-high with the level and I couldn't bring them down enough. I actually managed top 5, which was a welcome surprise, since I needed a yellow patch cover.
  • @every1 saying boost removal was player suggestion.

If I remember correctly most of the suggestions were to remove boosts INSTEAD of nerfing all the low ap covers. Not nerfing covers AND removing boosts.
    The latest big complaint is that players with very low level/barely progressed rosters are placing at the top of the tournament structures. This is a difficult problem to fix (assuming the majority of them aren't cheating) because I think that mechanic (using MMR and scaling pve enemies to make opponents easier) is in place to "hook" newer players by giving them easy matches in pve and PVP tourneys and giving them a taste of winning nice rewards. Nobody's going to keep playing if they very quickly realize they just can't compete with their halfway leveled one star covers. Personally I thought the cost of boosts was perfect before the change because players very quickly realized that abuse of boosts during tourneys cripples progression since that's the only way to gain ISO to level toons. I think all these extra costs added at the same time (boost increases, raising price of shields, and the upcoming skip tax) is too much too fast but we'll just have to see.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't see what the big deal is. My top characters are 38 Wolverine**, 40 Thor**, and 40 Black Widow** (44 by the end). I placed top 25 in 2 of the sub events and top 500 overall for the brackets I was in. I couldn't even play some of the missions because the only essential character I have is Black Widow** (unless you want to count Spider Man with only a yellow cover). I only retreated to lower the levels of the Maggia, Dark Avengers that are +20 levels above me aren't that scary. Also, the amount of time I have to play during the week is rather limited due to work (during the last sub event, I only got to play through the missions "twice"). If I remember correctly, my overall score was above 11500ish (I have 2 of the Bag-man rewards anyway).

Yeah, losing out on the +3 all stockpile/+10% all boosts sucked, but whatever. I'm disappointed that I lost out on the +3 stockpile because everyone was "abusing" it for Feral Claw/Mjolnir's Might, since I was running it with b/p stockpile to ensure I had an early safety net with Anti-Gravity Device (or Wind Storm/Widow's Sting).

The nerfs to Wolverine and Thor suck, too, but it's not like I have other characters to play since I'm still relatively new (32 days according to resupply). Wolverine tanks like a wet paper bag now and fights take considerably longer than they used to. I never leaned on the ability to finish the match quickly anyway.
  • I was top 20 in the super **** lets go hardcore bracket but then they fixed patch and nerfed boosts without fixing the lvl 230s so I had to drop. Managed top 500 for some sweet sweet HP. I guess if I don't have max 3 star or even 2 star roster I shouldn't be aiming so high anyway.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I skipped the sub for a day, then joined up when there was only time enough for one cycle, and even there I didn't do every mission, since a couple of them had gone sky-high with the level and I couldn't bring them down enough. I actually managed top 5, which was a welcome surprise, since I needed a yellow patch cover.

Seem everyone got fed up with this ****.

By the way even not counting the level problem this PVE looked extremely shallow. Hardly any story in the subs, just random dots with random enemies tat you can do in whatever order. (Didn't look at the main map stuff it mught be better, but still...)

Anyone saw anything beyond grind and cover bonanza?
  • This was the first PvE event since I started playing in November where I didn't earn at least one cover for the feature character. I was in the top 50 when I dialed it way back post-nerf. It's not that I didn't have a team that could compete, but combined with the loss of the boosts and the broken scaling, I simply didn't want to devote twice as much time to get the same reward. Odds are, DD will be a progression reward in the Oscorp event, or a reward in the subs for the next big event.

It's still frustrating to break my streak, but it's not worth getting too bent out of shape over it.
  • Personally I thought the cost of boosts was perfect before the change because players very quickly realized that abuse of boosts during tourneys cripples progression since that's the only way to gain ISO to level toons. I think all these extra costs added at the same time (boost increases, raising price of shields, and the upcoming skip tax) is too much too fast but we'll just have to see.

To me it looked pretty cheap for the effect it had. a 50% or even 100% hike for the AP stuff would leave them still generous (that might be compensated by including more such rewards in systemic way in place of the redundant HAMMER lock...). The damage boosts were okay, and change on the damage 10% palette is baffling really.

IMO whoever fights all matches starting 6AP deserves to be at ISO loss. Fighting most with some +3 be ISO-even just get the other benefits also sound fair. It's a strategy game, learn to play it, use the heroes and pick battles properly -- and going uphill spend resources. That is quite natural in any game with resources and development. Actually that is one key point creating the fun. Having access to god mode goes against it. Especially where others are involved.

While making pay HP (even 10 or 5) for boosts is a blatant p2w move and is as unfair as you can get.
  • Riggy wrote:
    This was the first PvE event since I started playing in November where I didn't earn at least one cover for the feature character. I was in the top 50 when I dialed it way back post-nerf. It's not that I didn't have a team that could compete, but combined with the loss of the boosts and the broken scaling, I simply didn't want to devote twice as much time to get the same reward. Odds are, DD will be a progression reward in the Oscorp event, or a reward in the subs for the next big event.

It's still frustrating to break my streak, but it's not worth getting too bent out of shape over it.

Probably will put people without DD in penalty -- I vaguely recall there was a punisher hunt about when I started play, then he was needed for missions and not really accessible easily. Sure eventually he lost rarity. It was nice that Hulk was actually won in his really nicely constructed epic PVE. The recent one so much pales in comparison.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Probably will put people without DD in penalty -- I vaguely recall there was a punisher hunt about when I started play, then he was needed for missions and not really accessible easily. Sure eventually he lost rarity. It was nice that Hulk was actually won in his really nicely constructed epic PVE. The recent one so much pales in comparison.

Not having a Punisher really hurt me in Hulk - I barely got top 10,000 first time, and improved a lot the second, but still finished somewhere around #5,500. I think I got my first Punisher during the Hulk tournament a week later.

Unless they super-buff Daredevil, I don't know how useful he could be - no one's going to have him above 1/1/1, which I think is level 20 max, unless they spent a fortune on HP for him. Mine's only 1/0/1 18th level and I don't see him being useful anytime soon, even with buffs.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Not having a Punisher really hurt me in Hulk - I barely got top 10,000 first time, and improved a lot the second, but still finished somewhere around #5,500. I think I got my first Punisher during the Hulk tournament a week later.

Unless they super-buff Daredevil, I don't know how useful he could be - no one's going to have him above 1/1/1, which I think is level 20 max, unless they spent a fortune on HP for him. Mine's only 1/0/1 18th level and I don't see him being useful anytime soon, even with buffs.

Do you not remember the ridiculous buff of a lvl 15 patch?
  • Daredevil's trap deals 7k damage at max level.

You sure that is a sucky character?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

They've had several missions that require a character in various events. IW, Spiderman, Punisher, Hulk, etc. That won't keep me from playing the bulk of the Oscorp mission. And since I doubt they'll be releasing a new character here, I'm not too worried about breaking into the top 45 or whatever. At this point, I'm just hoping to get enough ISO to start leveling some of my toons in the 50's and 60's up to 90+.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

The only thing that usually matters is to have him. 1-3 cover must character was routinely a ballast only, but the other two guys could hopefully handle. (or not, I skipped quite a few 200-ish missions with IW required and recently BSGW was no more help icon_e_wink.gif

I reacall the first hulk tournament getting Punisher just few days before the end. But could finish in 300. (not sure it was possible completely without). On the second I had him all the way and got only the next tear -- but it's only the loss of another ****.

So I expect to be locked out of some missions -- but possibly some will be the kind to be skipped anyway, and gaining at least the starter DD cover must be possible soon. If they follow patch -- he's barely here and I have almost all covers despite dropping out from the pve midway. And patience rulez.
  • Do you not remember the ridiculous buff of a lvl 15 patch?

That too -- the recent buff is not linear. (Though I have my doubt of DD usefulness in usual PVE with passive guys, i'll be happy to read on the reports icon_e_wink.gif.