PVP struggle - chain reaction?

2»

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    shurak wrote:
    I find myself now skipping PVPs altogether or just playing couple of matches when I feel like it.

I used to play PVEs a lot: scaling cut that back. Then I played PVP hard: MM cut that back. Now I play DPDQ hard......which is 5 matches, and all I can tolerate given the current state of the game.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Just once i would like to hit the 1k progression, so far, my only 4*'s (outside of a prof x purple from a PVE, and a 0/2/1 IMHB from Ultron) have all been lucky token draws.

How did you get a 0/2/1 from Ultron? Wouldnt that have require the Rd 6 clear and 3 lucky pulls?

All from tokens, we never got through round 5 on the 2nd run. Did finish with 880k on the progression, but my wife wanted to "go out and do something" , so i demand compensation from the devs for me having to see the outside, on a weekend no less.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Malcrof wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Just once i would like to hit the 1k progression, so far, my only 4*'s (outside of a prof x purple from a PVE, and a 0/2/1 IMHB from Ultron) have all been lucky token draws.

How did you get a 0/2/1 from Ultron? Wouldnt that have require the Rd 6 clear and 3 lucky pulls?

All from tokens, we never got through round 5 on the 2nd run.

Wow. Just wow. Lucky pulls: congrats!

I think the tokens, and improved draw rates with featured, is the best change to the game recently. I came out of the Ultron event (and the pvp) with a mostly covered SW. Made the whole thing feel MUCH more worth it, and Im (& others) are more likely to buy covers when you have a bunch. Seems smart, and FUN, to me.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    I hear, anecdotally, that fewer and fewer people are playing.

Add me to the list of people play less and less. I just made the decision over the weekend to drop from my main alliance and join a friend's public alliance and play more casually. The MMR change just ended up having a bigger effect on me than I thought it originally would. I spent a season dealing with it but have concluded that I just really hate having to slog through 3* and 4* teams up to 500-600 points where I still don't tend to end up placing for good rewards and I used to be able to get there much more readily. It has basically doubled the amount of time and effort I need to dedicate each event to reach the 1k 4* reward that I'm shooting for and it's just not worth that much to me.

I'm not at all surprised other people have made the same decision and I can understand how it would have a domino effect on the entire population. I get what they were going for but it definitely didn't work out.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to play every PVP event up to 3-400 points. That was about how far I could get before I'd hit a wall that was more effort than I was willing to expend (or just flat unbeatable, depending on the teams I got matched with).

Since the changes, I see teams equal to or better than mine right away. Why bother? I'm not going to buy health packs, so right there that limits how many points I can realistically take from a PVP event. Where I used to be able to fairly reliably get a token and occasionally the 25 HP reward at 400, the token is now walled off to me. I'm not remotely motivated to push for 300 in the current environment.

When seed teams were "a thing," they usually carried me to 150-180, meaning that I was pushing through 120-150 points to reach the token; the further seed teams carried me, the better a shot I had at 400. But pushing through four or five equal strength teams to reach the token feels less onerous than pushing through ten or twelve.

Maybe the issue there is that I don't buy shields, either, and this is Demiurge's way of saying "then PVP isn't FOR you."

Well, okay. Then I'll more or less stop playing it. As I have.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    frankly if I were still in ** land I would be very discouraged with the mmr changes. 300 used to be a given (which was a guaranteed token basically) and with a little work in the sim, 4000 progression 10-pk was very attainable (albeit for a little work) for ** rosters. now I'm not sure it is any more. as a transitioner I can still reach the 500s/600s but it is a lot of work. seed teams only if you join right away, before the event starts if possible. and only for 100 pts or so. if I completely stopped pve I could probably push higher but that would be very health pack heavy and not worth giving up all the pve progressions/match awards/placements. so I play just enough pvp for t100 (500-600 usually) and enough pve for t50 or t150, depending on my life activities for the week and how bad I want the placement rewards.