EOTS:The Gorgon level...Red AP Generation for Wolverine?!

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    Falcon doesn't help really. Redwing too slow. She Hulk helps a little with blueflag.png . Mostly tho it's just take eattack.png to the face until you win. Yea it sucks but that's how Hand Ninja operate.

I had a lot of luck earlier with She-Hulk, OBW and Cyclops. Getting off an Aggressive Recon followed immediately by a Furious Charge was very satisfying. Also I was using Cyke's Yellow to generate Red for She-Hulk, (though that runs the risk of also feeding Wolverine). The AOE and board shake helped a ton.

But 5 greenflag.png Furious Charge is a thing of beauty.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    Having '"fun" yet?

easy...marc

Yep! There is a thrill to race wolvie or otherwise deny or slow his access at AS. That's basically the definition of fun and why one plays games: to be challenged and experience the satisfaction of overcoming those challenges.

Perhaps you'd prefer if his red read: Adamantium Slash. 30 redflag.png Wolvie places a 99 countdown tile on a tile of his opponent's choice. If for some reason, it manages to go off, Wolvie clumsily scratches towards your general direction dealing a whooping 1 damage to the target and 10000 to himself. And and the goons, instead generating red, actually consume red without doing nothing. And and when you finish the battle, you are rewarded with 13 covers of the colours of your choice of the 4* character of your choice and a million iso.

Or we could imagine an all new power completely:

"Pylgrim switches to decaf" (Passive)

easy...marc
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:

easy...marc
    More like passive aggressive... icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Grum9ski wrote:
    Those feeding goons also have red powers, and sometimes you'll get lucky and they'll spend all the red AP on an easy-to-match Strength in Numbers or Meteor Hammer CD. I wonder if their decision to use those powers is effected by who you target first, but I've never noticed any conclusive evidence of this.

Oh well, you can't win them all, and you can take comfort in the fact that the other players in your bracket can't win them all either. It's a tough node even for the expert players.

I was just wondering about this in PVP, it does appear whoever i bring out front to attack, is who the AI tries to get tiles for.

For example, if a 2* Storm is there, i brought her to the front, and given all the options, she went for blue every time, even though SW and GSBW (who i was fighting) had no use for them, and all 3 had green abilities.

I have also noticed the AI tends to go for matches that benefit the featured character quite a bit in PVP. When nothing for the front character is available. since i was fighting a loaner SW, she did not have a blue ability, so when blue was not available, it always went for purple if there was one.

Oddly, all 3 if you have at least 1 of each cover have green abilities, the AI ignored green for the most part.

The AI prioritizes any non goon ability colors with equal weight (if not, it's too small an amount to be figured out), even ones that they only have a passive in. They'll still prefer match 4s over any color priority, and they'll randomly take a color they don't need just because. TU seems to always count as an active color, even after they've exhausted their only TU ability. The goons don't count for color prioritization and it's easy to see that in the Juggernaut + 2 goons node how they'll always make a beeline for red/green because that's the only two active colors they get even though the goon actives cover plenty of other colors.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    In the 1 villian + 2 goon combo it's almost invariably better to down the villian first unless the goons are Doombots, who have especially low HPs and in that case it depends on who you're fighting and you're using too. You should of course stun the 1 guy who can move the board too, and usually his goons will use up the AP while the villian is stunned which should make things easier for you.

In the Gorgon + Wolverine + Konron node it is better to stun the Konron because stunning him stops the 2 red/black AP a turn while stunning either Gorgon or Wolverine does nothing so far as their ability to move the board is concerned.
    I disagree on that node. you definitely need to keep his (conran's) red from going off but if he puts a black tile out there its like free damage. he damages his teammates even if hes full health. I take out wolvie first, gorgon second and conran last. I do end up eating a couple of debilitating slashes and its about 50/50 taking an adamantium. glad I have a ton of guys at 104 I can cycle through. I like torch/Cyclops best since its pretty fast damage - in hopes of beating them down before they get an ability off.
  • simonsez wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

easy...marc
    More like passive aggressive... icon_lol.gif

Touche. icon_e_wink.gif I actually wanted the whole thing to read:

New Power: "Switch to Decaf" (Passive)
    Each time a forum member makes a post, Pylgrim Does Not go Ape Sh1t

marc
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    In the 1 villian + 2 goon combo it's almost invariably better to down the villian first unless the goons are Doombots, who have especially low HPs and in that case it depends on who you're fighting and you're using too. You should of course stun the 1 guy who can move the board too, and usually his goons will use up the AP while the villian is stunned which should make things easier for you.

In the Gorgon + Wolverine + Konron node it is better to stun the Konron because stunning him stops the 2 red/black AP a turn while stunning either Gorgon or Wolverine does nothing so far as their ability to move the board is concerned.
    I disagree on that node. you definitely need to keep his (conran's) red from going off but if he puts a black tile out there its like free damage. he damages his teammates even if hes full health. I take out wolvie first, gorgon second and conran last. I do end up eating a couple of debilitating slashes and its about 50/50 taking an adamantium. glad I have a ton of guys at 104 I can cycle through. I like torch/Cyclops best since its pretty fast damage - in hopes of beating them down before they get an ability off.

I don't take out Konron first. I said I stun him first because having 2 less red AP a turn means you'll have a lot less frequent Debiliating Slash/Adamantium Slash. You want that Konron around but you don't want his free APs if at all possible. Of course once you do take out either Gorgon or Wolverine you should start stunning the other guy, but if you're using Captain America you can stun a lot of times for the cheap and stunning the Konron does help. For anyone else you'll probably have to save your stuns for later because you don't get to do that too many times.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I don't take out Konron first. I said I stun him first because having 2 less red AP a turn means you'll have a lot less frequent Debiliating Slash/Adamantium Slash. You want that Konron around but you don't want his free APs if at all possible. Of course once you do take out either Gorgon or Wolverine you should start stunning the other guy, but if you're using Captain America you can stun a lot of times for the cheap and stunning the Konron does help. For anyone else you'll probably have to save your stuns for later because you don't get to do that too many times.
    doh...scanning over a post doesn't always get to your brain the same way your eyes see it... yes. quick stun would help. unfortunately I have none of that at this point other than getting mbw TUs. my cap only has 1 blue (and 4 red). use him on the goon only nodes but can't overwrite anything with the blue and not near as much ap coming back.
  • And this is why I still love having a forum...

Had this happen to me today and thought, "Huh?"

Come here and not only get the answer, but multiple ways to combat it!

Great thread! icon_e_smile.gif

DBC
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    Having '"fun" yet?

easy...marc

Yep! There is a thrill to race wolvie or otherwise deny or slow his access at AS. That's basically the definition of fun and why one plays games: to be challenged and experience the satisfaction of overcoming those challenges.

Perhaps you'd prefer if his red read: Adamantium Slash. 30 redflag.png Wolvie places a 99 countdown tile on a tile of his opponent's choice. If for some reason, it manages to go off, Wolvie clumsily scratches towards your general direction dealing a whooping 1 damage to the target and 10000 to himself. And and the goons, instead generating red, actually consume red without doing nothing. And and when you finish the battle, you are rewarded with 13 covers of the colours of your choice of the 4* character of your choice and a million iso.

easy...marc

WHAAAT HOW DARE YOU *throws a tantrum*

Hahaha, no, I actually laughed. You may be right. I think I got on a sarcasm rut from reading too many baffling posts, so, my apologies. Sometimes a lighter touch is warranted; let's try again:

Can we please try playing more and complaining less? It is a game. It is supposed to present challenges. Sometimes the challenges may seem insurmountable, but they rarely are. You just need to try different approaches rather than quickly come to the forums to angrily cry about it as many do. To the credit of the original poster, he came only asking a question wondering if something was buggy. To be honest, I feared that your post would be the first of many derailing the thread into the rote "Demiurge doesn't know what they're doing/incompetent monkeys/health packs=greed/etc." kind of threads. Ironically, my post was the one that ended derailing the thread, so apologies to the OP too.

And yes, sometimes no matter how well you play, how sound your strategy is, you still get screwed by ridiculous cascades or barren boards that make elements of inevitability like goons' AP generation or Ultron sentries' triggered abilities seem really unfair. It is infuriating but it's a necessary element of randomness that ensures that every scenario doesn't become a "solved case" after you figure the best approach to it. You'll still have to work hard for it and sometimes under heavily stacked odds. But are not the victories in those cases even sweeter and more satisfactory?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Falcon doesn't help really. Redwing too slow. She Hulk helps a little with blueflag.png . Mostly tho it's just take eattack.png to the face until you win. Yea it sucks but that's how Hand Ninja operate.

I had a lot of luck earlier with She-Hulk, OBW and Cyclops. Getting off an Aggressive Recon followed immediately by a Furious Charge was very satisfying. Also I was using Cyke's Yellow to generate Red for She-Hulk, (though that runs the risk of also feeding Wolverine). The AOE and board shake helped a ton.

If this PvE has demonstrated anything, it's that a 5 greenflag.png She Hulk is a contender now.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    if you stun him when there is enough red for the goon's counter abilities they will often use the red on that instead
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Wonko33 wrote:
    if you stun him when there is enough red for the goon's counter abilities they will often use the red on that instead
    Lerysh wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

If this PvE has demonstrated anything, it's that a 5 greenflag.png She Hulk is a contender now.

Yeah this two are the answers I use. I actually didn't want to spell them out because I believe is better if people find these things out on their own, but well, here they are.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm sick of having my heroes nuked by the new higher-HP Wolvie and Gorgon. As soon as I hit the 50HP progression, I'm done with this event. If you don't have Falcon, I honestly don't know how you deal with the sheer volume of special tiles these ninjas spam out. Cap is a godsend in the survival nodes, because he gets his shields rolling and even gets his yellow off, but in a straight 3-on-3 fight he's too slow. Ditto GSBW; by the time you hit 18+ green, you're either dead or in dire need of health packs.

I run Spiderman, though you could get by with Luke cage. Two shield tiles down for Spiderman and you can ignore things like shiruken and the attack tiles they leave in their wake. I run Falcon, but you could run OBW if you didn't have Falcon. My third character is a strike tile generating damage dealer - normally Punisher for multiple round battles because he brings strike tiles, attack tiles and AoE to the table and Falcon can buff most of them (and spidey's defense tiles).

But I could run LCap / OBW / Grocket or Patch to eat the effects that do go off if I didn't have a Falcon. If I had KK high enough I would be interested in a KK / Luke Cage / Juggs combo because Juggs has a 6 green board shake that along with KK would heal 900 health to the team...
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Yeah, I'm sick of having my heroes nuked by the new higher-HP Wolvie and Gorgon. As soon as I hit the 50HP progression, I'm done with this event. If you don't have Falcon, I honestly don't know how you deal with the sheer volume of special tiles these ninjas spam out. Cap is a godsend in the survival nodes, because he gets his shields rolling and even gets his yellow off, but in a straight 3-on-3 fight he's too slow. Ditto GSBW; by the time you hit 18+ green, you're either dead or in dire need of health packs.

I run Spiderman, though you could get by with Luke cage. Two shield tiles down for Spiderman and you can ignore things like shiruken and the attack tiles they leave in their wake. I run Falcon, but you could run OBW if you didn't have Falcon. My third character is a strike tile generating damage dealer - normally Punisher for multiple round battles because he brings strike tiles, attack tiles and AoE to the table and Falcon can buff most of them (and spidey's defense tiles).

But I could run LCap / OBW / Grocket or Patch to eat the effects that do go off if I didn't have a Falcon. If I had KK high enough I would be interested in a KK / Luke Cage / Juggs combo because Juggs has a 6 green board shake that along with KK would heal 900 health to the team...

Sooo glad I didn't cave and sell Spidey. IAH, I kept him because of how much I HATE facing those... purple shield tiles.

"Hello aggravating hair-pulling-out-inducing Ninjas... meet my friend, Spidey." icon_lol.gif

Now, if I could just get at least 1 purple cover... icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • I don't know if it's what makes this game bad or good that you can go through all this strategy and then Wolverine still just does a turn 3 Adamantium Slash and you'll be like 'well, that sure didn't work...' I'm not going to say the cheesy encounters is all luck, but there are times the AI simply doesn't want you to win!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't know if it's what makes this game bad or good that you can go through all this strategy and then Wolverine still just does a turn 3 Adamantium Slash and you'll be like 'well, that sure didn't work...' I'm not going to say the cheesy encounters is all luck, but there are times the AI simply doesn't want you to win!

I did enjoy the round where you were given fixed loaner characters and I had an Elektra with enough black covers that Adamantium Slash killed wolvie.

If only my version of her was better than a 1/1 purple/red
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't know if it's what makes this game bad or good that you can go through all this strategy and then Wolverine still just does a turn 3 Adamantium Slash and you'll be like 'well, that sure didn't work...' I'm not going to say the cheesy encounters is all luck, but there are times the AI simply doesn't want you to win!

I did enjoy the round where you were given fixed loaner characters and I had an Elektra with enough black covers that Adamantium Slash killed wolvie.

If only my version of her was better than a 1/1 purple/red

I had the exact opposite in one of the Simulator node. Elektra was down to 2K and I had like 3 guys with 2-3K each so it looked pretty solid, and then she somehow got 4 Shadow Steps off in a row and it's like I don't even have enough health left to be able to survive the Shadow Step counter damage and watched my team matched themselves to death though the outcome would still be the same with any move that doesn't shake up the board.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Pylgrim wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    Having '"fun" yet?

easy...marc

The would be so hard to do, need a team tanky enough to survive. but, low enough not to kill them before it goes off. Maybe base lvl 3* with full covers maybe. Eh maybe not so hard wolverine ' s heal kicks in at half life.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just toss Hulk out front and bomb the place, let him get slashed, keep kamala or thor in the back to use up all the green to decimate them.