Something people fail to realize

To us this is a game. To the creators and devolpers its a labor of love. They have bosses and to them this is a business. You know what they say rolls downhill. These guys don't have carte blanche to do whatever they want. There's always someone breathing down someone else's neck looking at the bottom line. Such is the world we live in. I'm tired of thinking of these people going to work at something they love and having to get so much negative feedback from the consumer, meanwhile having to answer to their bosses why the game isn't making more profit. If you don't love it, leave it.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dale67 wrote:
    To us this is a game. To the creators and devolpers its a labor of love. They have bosses and to them this is a business. You know what they say rolls downhill. These guys don't have carte blanche to do whatever they want. There's always someone breathing down someone else's neck looking at the bottom line. Such is the world we live in. I'm tired of thinking of these people going to work at something they love and having to get so much negative feedback from the consumer, meanwhile having to answer to their bosses why the game isn't making more profit. If you don't love it, leave it.
    sorry but the bean counters aren't the ones that engineer broken characters, convoluted scaling formulas and random match making
  • And yet you are compelled to continue playing. They must be doing something you like.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dale67 wrote:
    And yet you are compelled to continue playing. They must be doing something you like.
    Actually one foot is already out the door, I hung around for the Ultron event which ultimately I wasn't too impressed with. Just waiting to see how multi boosted PVP is going to shake out.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Dale67 wrote:
    And yet you are compelled to continue playing. They must be doing something you like.
    Actually one foot is already out the door, I hung around for the Ultron event which ultimately I wasn't too impressed with. Just waiting to see how multi boosted PVP is going to shake out.
    It will play out the same as it did last time. If you have the buffed characters you will do better than those without. Multiple buffed characters means depth is more important than just having the top character in the game.
  • My point is this...the people that brought you this game love it more than anybody else. Don't you think they're trying to bring you people the game that brings the most joy to the most people? I had one foot out of the door myself. The thing that brought me back and has actually made me a crusader for the game is there is so much more here to love than to hate. If you find the opposite to be true then why play? I have an alliance to rebuild and wounds to lick but I will continue to play this game and for the most part enjoy what the developers have created and continue to try and refine whilst keeping the money men happy. I'd like to see all the haters do a better job. If you don't love it. Leave it. Do everyone a favor.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I think it was Sun-Tzu, or possibly Gandhi, who said it best: The players gonna play, play, play, play, play; and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.
  • I think it was 2-Pac
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Def Mayweather.
  • Def Mayweather.
    Obviously, duh, it hasn't been April for like 5 days
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dale67 wrote:
    I hear the weather in Stockholme is lovely this time of year
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fail to realize many things.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Dale67 wrote:
    If you don't love it, leave it.
    This is ****. The negative feedback comes from players that DO love it, see that it has flaws, love it anyway, and love it so much that they are making suggestions on how to improve it so that themselves and others can come to love it that much more.
    Dale67 wrote:
    I'm tired of thinking of these people going to work at something they love and having to get so much negative feedback from the consumer, meanwhile having to answer to their bosses why the game isn't making more profit.

Their JOB is to maximize profits by appeasing the consumer base enough to get them to spend money. When the consumer base is unhappy it means they are doing their job poorly. This "it's not their fault, their boss told them they needed to make more money" line is ****. It is their fault because their boss told them to make money and they chose a very poor way to try and accomplish that goal.
  • fmftint wrote:
    Dale67 wrote:

PvP is awful. I'm just here for daily deadpool since the other events are a waste of time for me.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dale67 wrote:
    If you don't love it, leave it.
    This is tinykitty. The negative feedback comes from players that DO love it, see that it has flaws, love it anyway, and love it so much that they are making suggestions on how to improve it so that themselves and others can come to love it that much more.
    Dale67 wrote:
    I'm tired of thinking of these people going to work at something they love and having to get so much negative feedback from the consumer, meanwhile having to answer to their bosses why the game isn't making more profit.

Their JOB is to maximize profits by appeasing the consumer base enough to get them to spend money. When the consumer base is unhappy it means they are doing their job poorly. This "it's not their fault, their boss told them they needed to make more money" line is tinykitty. It is their fault because their boss told them to make money and they chose a very poor way to try and accomplish that goal.

^ This.

We wouldn't get angry if we weren't invested.

Many of us would spend MORE if there was more to gain. The iso reduction is a HUGE step forward, i am thinking of getting some more HP to get a couple covers now that i can afford to level them.

They are doing some right and some not so right, but for the most part (Ultron glitches aside), there is enough right to give them time to fix the not so right. They can't do it all at once, but eventually they have to, or they lose their business altogether.
  • Dale67 wrote:

negative feedback...that's called accountability. someone does something. someone else disagrees. where there is diversity, there is difference, where there is difference, there is conflict, where there is conflict, there is change, for better or worse. its kinda how reality works. something some people fail to realize. its a tough world. people are critical, and especially so the more they care about something. i'd imagine the devs are just as self-critical...if they love the game as much as you imagine they do.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dale67 wrote:
    Maybe they should point their bosses at said negative feedback and gently explain to them that their best-laid business plans are meeting with a little resistance, ey?
    I fail to realize many things.

It's OK. The devs failed to realize many things with this game as well...
  • Scaling and TUs sounds like something a high level person thought was a great idea and pushed it down.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Dale67 wrote:

And yet you continue to post on this forum. The posters must be doing something right.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    Scaling and TUs sounds like something a high level person thought was a great idea and pushed it down.

I joined just as Team-ups were new, so I don't have the perspective if the old environment tiles. That said, I happen to like them and being able to send extras to my alliance-mates.
  • jffdougan wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Scaling and TUs sounds like something a high level person thought was a great idea and pushed it down.

I joined just as Team-ups were new, so I don't have the perspective if the old environment tiles. That said, I happen to like them and being able to send extras to my alliance-mates.

I don't think environmental tiles are that great and I don't think TUs are horrible, but they impact the game so little and yet we're constantly seeing tweaks to them that it just sounds like a high level guy said, 'I got this great idea!' and forced someone to work on it. There's got to be more productive gameplay stuff or even money grab schemes devs can be working on over TUs.