2»

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Meanwhile, on the Steam layout, with space galore ... the added feature intended to indicate goon-generated AP ... is completely absent.

Oh, we had one several months ago that lasted for about 2 days. It was probably the most obnoxious thing I could think of. Imagine seeing an animation similar to Bring out the Best every single round to show you how much AP the goons earned. Yeah, it was that bad.
  • Yeah, I have to say this is officially my least favorite update ever. If I'm going to have something pop up via sidebar, I want it only to reflect what just happened (Aggressive Recon steal, loss due to Inferno, etc.)

It's just showing me the info that I can already see by scrolling right. That's not helpful.

I get why it was tried, but it's not working for me.
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I logged in to the forum just to find this thread and add my "yes, please revert to the old scheme where it showed the delta because now I can't tell what Loki or Blade are stealing". One possibility could be that when the AI takes its turn is the screen moves further to the right? Right now it moves to the right until you see all the characters, but what if it moved even further to the right and showed the AP totals and then we had the popups back?
  • Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I see the devs are really trying for an informative system, but I couldn't agree more. The new AP board does little when it comes to informing the user about how many AP they are stealing from an opponent's pool. Bring the old system back or at least put an up or down arrow next to which ever AP has been altered. Currently it is not functional at all.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure how shatland's suggestion would work on the smallest of devices (font would be very tiny), but that would be perfect on my 6+. flash any ap changes (where the number flashes) and you have everything you need.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The old bar was horizontal on the bottom, the new bar is vertical on the side. Combine them together and have that "L" shaped one do the same thing, problem solved (kinda).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find myself in the odd position of missing the old "delta" display and finding the new display useful. While I liked knowing which AP bank was robbed by an ability with a variable color target, I like that the new panel lets me keep an eye on enemy AP levels without having to swipe the top of the screen every round. Helps keep me from going nova one turn too late.
  • Gotta agree with everything being said here. I liked it when it first got added, but very quickly started missing the notification telling me what changed. I think the best Alton is a permanent display so no scrolling is needed, as well as bringing back the differential notification.

There's also the option of adding a screen rotation display. That would give a lot of extra room to the side, but you'd have to be clever about how to change the targeted character, as there wouldn't be room to show all six that way. But, hey, if the devs at King can do it, surely the infinitely more talented devs at D3 can!
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I greatly like the photoshopped look "shatland" posted as a suggestion! And would also like to add to that, can you let the app for the iPhone let the time display at the very top too please? Some apps show that, some don't. It makes it hard to give someone the time when asked while in the heat of a MPQ battle. Thanks for listening!
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Yep. To chime in:

1) Please have the AP bars be permanent (especially on phones)
    2) Enable landscape view on iPad (for serious)
    3) All other UI tweaks that people who thought more about this than I asked for
  • A small change that would make it better would just add color. Change the color of the number on the pop up bar to green for + and red for -.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Grogimer wrote:
    A small change that would make it better would just add color. Change the color of the number on the pop up bar to green for + and red for -.

Nearly 10% of males (especially, white males) are red/green color-blind, so, while perhaps helpful to some, maybe not the best option.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    ErnDiggity wrote:
    Also, when you use something like OBW, you have no idea what you just stole.

I was coming here to complain about the same for Loki AP steal, you have to open your own AP bar to figure out what you got.
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    As people have said above - the new slider added NO VALUE whilst managing to take away information (steals). Just revert the change until you have done a proper job (hopefully along the lines of the photoshopped example in this thread plus putting the steal flash back).
  • fireb0mber
    fireb0mber Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    My suggestion: a permanent bar in the center of the screen and the number of AP shows on each side.
    With a +1 or -2 info when we win or steal or loose AP.