Is 10pk still worth the effort?

Options
2»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a relatively early 2--> 3 transitioner (max character level 100, with only four above 94), hitting 300+ seems to get more difficult each event. It appears that fewer 2* players bother with PVP since last season's MMR change, so finding winnable matchups get's extremely costly (for the BP PVP this season, I would have been better off buying three standard tokens--one for progression and two for event placement--for all the time & iso I spent skipping 166+ rosters to find other rosters anywhere close to my level...and I didn't even get 100 points for that event, which considering that it put me in the top 400 was kind of crazy). Maybe I just got unlucky not finding another 2* guy to trade counterattacks with recently, but it's become pretty ridiculous.

I'm a very casual player and still enjoy the game, but I'll likely do minimal PVP for the time being. If I have to grind anyway, I'd rather focus on a known PVE progression than hope for the best from a token-based prize.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    As a relatively early 2--> 3 transitioner (max character level 100, with only four above 94), hitting 300+ seems to get more difficult each event. It appears that fewer 2* players bother with PVP since last season's MMR change, so finding winnable matchups get's extremely costly (for the BP PVP this season, I would have been better off buying three standard tokens--one for progression and two for event placement--for all the time & iso I spent skipping 166+ rosters to find other rosters anywhere close to my level...and I didn't even get 100 points for that event, which considering that it put me in the top 400 was kind of crazy). Maybe I just got unlucky not finding another 2* guy to trade counterattacks with recently, but it's become pretty ridiculous.

I'm a very casual player and still enjoy the game, but I'll likely do minimal PVP for the time being. If I have to grind anyway, I'd rather focus on a known PVE progression than hope for the best from a token-based prize.
    It looks exactly what you describe. Low level folks have no easy seeds so don't bother playing - high level folks don't have low level fodder so it becomes way more difficult for them as well
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Effort? Hitting 300 in each season event then 1k in shield sim is the definition of effortless

It certainly requires effort since I see maxed ( & now buffed) opponents in PvP. BTW, top score in the PvP that ended Sunday morning was a little above 200. What were you saying?

I'm around day 550 and have almost never wasted my time with the shield sim.

And no, it's certainly not worth the effort or your time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Effort? Hitting 300 in each season event then 1k in shield sim is the definition of effortless

It certainly requires effort since I see maxed ( & now buffed) opponents in PvP. btw, the top score in the PvP that ended yesterday (Sunday morning) was a little above 200. What were you saying?

I'm around day 550 and have almost never wasted my time with the shield sim.

And no, it's certainly not worth the effort or your time anymore.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    you cannot just look at the 4000 progression 10 pk. you need to take into consideration all the events and iso that you get on the journey as well. if you cannot consistently finish t100, then I can see where it'd be quite a grind for the 10-pk. however, try taking a season off of pvp and see how your roster progress grinds to a halt - particularly iso. if you just want to farm LR seed teams and play a few pves, find a public alliance and take it easy. I think a lot more people would be more happy if 'progress' didn't mean so much to them. but, if you are wanting to better your roster and have wisely spent your iso/hp, at some point you should not be finding it hard to finish t100. and then, if you are finishing t100 it isn't a 10-pk, it is a 10pk plus 10 earned covers for placing plus at least 10-12 token from progressions plus all the iso for the matches (and progressions and placing) and hp for placing. all in all, that's a TON of stuff to pass on. I'm considering pulling back on pve's but pvp I'm all in and didn't miss a t100 even through ultron. I'm an early transitioner with only two 3* characters fully covered but like I said, I think all in all, its a lot of useful stuff - the 10 pk is just a congrats for making it to the finish line.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shurak wrote:
    Azoic wrote:
    A grind to reach 300 points? Really? You just lost any credability you might have had.
    I am 2* - early transitioning to 3*. I used to climb relatively easily to 300 with my 2* roster where it'd become too hard to make it worth going further.
    Now it's the struggle right out of the gate. I open PVP. If there are seed teams I fight them for ISO. No seed teams - no point to bother. Struggling through time/health consuming tough matches to climb even to 100 for a standard token just doesn't make sense to me.
    Co-sign. When I joined BP's PVP, my bracket was pretty fresh. I think I was #46, something like that. Who was on the top node? A maxed LThor. I have no 166 heroes! I have just one who's above 110!

The matchmaking algorithm right now is an outright catastrophe for transitioners. Shield SIM is a complete waste of time & effort, standard PVPs hit you with max-level guys right from the start, and even Lightning Rounds are no blasted fun any more.

The progression awards were set up assuming that players got 3 or more seed teams to beat up on before hitting real opponents. They desperately need to be adjusted for the new reality, that there are no "free" points any more.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm a transitioner. And I say no. Not worth my time. Instead, I play whatever else I like, then jump in four the last few events of the season. One time, I ranked high enough to get TWO ten packs with only about a thousand points.

So I'm gonna keep spending that time with family, instead.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last season did
    Score place

444-63
    451 -78
    252 -112
    222 189
    478 69
    515 24
    497 24
    484 90

did not play in the last 2 PVE since had enough for 4000.. ended up with 8 covers 200 hp and the 10 pack (what got me a pink Pro x and red 3 star iron man...

so far this season
    470 60th for 1 witch cover

whats up with them saying ATTACKS wont hurt much i was attacked 6 tmes in the last 4 mins each doing 15 to 20 pts of damage and won one gave me 9 pts ****

but back to pt with jacked up people PVE is now only worth going for covers you want, if you get 4000 its a added bonus but i no longer play for the 4000 pts. though every 400 pt game keeps me in the running

You will need to score a min of 325 per event to have any chance at getting the 10 pack. (3250) then hope to score 750 in sheild
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would like to see some of the "250 HP" or "10,000 ISO" covers in a Heroic 10PK. Also, now that they've ended character rotation (right?) 10pks might be more beneficial?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shade_tree wrote:
    If you see playing MPQ as "work" or a grind, then no, the 10-pack isn't worth the effort (and you might want to reevaluate your approach to the game, it's so easy to make it fun again if you switch to casual style). But if you enjoy playing and can average 400 points per PVP it's a nice bonus on top of all the enjoyment you got along the way.

That's exactly what I am doing this Season, taking a break. I can't revise my schedule around the new Time Slices. Maybe if the 3000 3* was someone other than QS I would of considered it. I recently switched to my Alliance's "Retirement" aka Casual Group. So far it's been nice, no stress, just DDQ and some PVE nodes.. Summer is here, no reason to sit in the house playing MPQ. I hope this game can reclaim it's glory, I felt the same way about this game last year around this time then returned for Anniversary, perhaps I'll do the same again.