2»

Comments

• d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    Whub Whubz wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Druss wrote:
    Is everyone else now is a position where they have to skip certain events as there just is not enough time to do it all anymore?
    Not yet, but I am in a position where I have to skip certain hours where I ought to be sleeping...
    The real fun of MPQ is trying to balance it and RL responsibilities without driving your car into something.

That last part is easy... let your spouse / significant other / children play. If your roster is good enough, there's not a lot of damage they can do. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Side note: Everyone talks about "late entry" playing. I've got to learn more about that... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

DBC
    The problem with that is that it doesn't work if everyone does it.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm just doing DDQ and Ultron.
    I sort of did Combined Arms as I joined 45 minutes before the end in slice 4 and crawled my up to top 150 all on seed teams (ugh..that was painful and boring).
    Many in the group of alliances I'm in have quit mostly to burn out and I'm barely hanging on in the slacker alliance group.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    early on i need to play each event because i need all the rewards. now i only need to bother with a few rewards so i can pick and choose. skipped all PVE for 3 months only played last one for Lcap redflag.png. Got it after playing optimally after a late entry into first round. Then stopped playing after i got it if i kept up was on tack for 2 second place. ended up 9 meh not bad since i only really wanted the LCap cover.

I really like this approach, and I'm hoping I eventually settle into it. I've done well at some things recently, and it got me pretty hyped, but boy, can it get stressful, and let's not even mention, uhm, "relationship strain."

I worked hard for my SRCA because I really wanted it, but my Shulk? Meh. Not so much. It seems like there is enough here (especially if D3 sorts Ultron-like events out) for everyone. It's a matter of finding a groove that works for you, and your system resonates with me. Now, if I could finally find a way to beat the DDQ BE... icon_redface.gif

Side note: Everyone talks about "late entry" playing. I've got to learn more about that... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

DBC
    as for late entry this was a fluke as i joined the latest slice to max my grinding potential to get the Lcap( SRCA) cover but only got 1-2h of play time before event ended. but for late entry strategy it depends on the event. EotS the first time it ran i had one account grind from the start and second one jump in during the last slice with only 2 sub events left. a whole lot of grinding later the first start placed top 50 while the late start was 1st with all progression rewards( before 8 hours refreshers, and my only first since the baby brackets). i tried doing it last minute with not so good results(joining a bracket with established leaders) but worth while rewards event token, small hp reward, and iso reward for 15min of play. risky but seems to be worth effort put in, especially if you luck into a new bracket.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're drastically overestimating the pvp times. 5-600 is usually like an hour, and then another hour to try to climb against the hits to your first shield around like 800ish. And then your shield breaks are 5 min each max, any more and you're out 100+ points.

And ssim is also not anywhere near an hour a week. If you wait until the last few weeks, there's plenty of 50 pointers to climb to at least the HP goals. The covers will take shield hopping though, but again, those are like 5 minutes each only a few times a day

But yes, trying to be competitive is like a full time job. Worse actually, since everything has to be hit exactly on the dot
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    600 in an hour?

The average I see battle wise is 290/270/166 worth average of 20-25 points. Even assuming 25 points that's 24 battles in an hour facing 30,000+ health a go.

Definitely not do-able even if you started each battle with full health. These battles are tricky to come out of without needing at least 1 health pack, also the added problem of using other weaker characters of roster opens you up to multiple attacks.

I timed myself yesterday to get from 0-400 in 3 steps (so not even in one go as wanted to use strongest army) this still took 2 hrs 16 mins. As soon as I finished I lost 40 of that due to attacks.

Perhaps your MMR is a lot kinder than mine - I agree that before the MMR changes it was possible to climb to 600 in 1 go now I'm not so sure.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Huh, you missed the memo saying MPQ is not a game, it's your job. Used to be second job in the past then "improved" into first position.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    d0nk3y wrote:
    That last part is easy... let your spouse / significant other / children play. If your roster is good enough, there's not a lot of damage they can do. icon_mrgreen.gif
    Geez, that'd be living the dream. My wife's key contribution is to not hassle me if I end up playing for 6 hours straight.