Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    The only winning move is not to play

spot on, Joshua icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll take a stab at the math...

Since the essential nodes all refresh at 12pm, 8pm, 4am EST. So if you clear your nodes before 8pm tonight EST, they will refresh at 8 and you can do them again. This accounts for the 15 clears a day in people's calculations. The actual 8 hour timer on Ultron after your last clear before nodes refresh is where people can gain the extra 3 clears a day on Ultron himself giving a perfect clear schedule 18 clears in one 24 hour period.
    4.5 days
    18x4 = 72, +12 (2 perfect refreshes before the midnight end of event no third refresh) = 84 clears possible for the entire event per person in your 20 person alliance.
    84x20 = 1,680 clears total.

There is also the refresh you get when you defeat a level of ultron, that is a potential 6 additional perfect clears per person, 6x20 = 120 immediately upon beating Ultron.

84 perfect clears individually/1680 perfect clears as an alliance +
    6 perfect clears individually/120 perfect clears as an alliance for each level you complete (this number is not fixed since Ultron may be beat in the middle of someone's clear causing them to lose out on the uncleared attempts at Ultron that do not carry over before the refresh happens, plus first 3 boss levels went by so fast many people did not complete a full clear before Ultron was defeated)

As of 8PM EST, individually, there will only be 36 perfect refreshes left in the event to finish your current boss and +6 for each level you beat of his. If you are on level 6... you have 36+6+6= 48 perfect refreshes (assuming you can defeat all remaining levels in that time). If you are on level 7 you only have 36+6 = 42 perfect refreshes (assuming you can defeat all remaining levels in that time). If you are on level 8, you only have 36 perfect refreshes left. There is nothing you can do about those.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    An easy solution is to change the refresh rate to 3 or 4 hours.
    This would help out the for the current situation, which appears to be a mess, but I truly hope that this is not the direction we would want the Devs to move toward to improve Alliance-based Events in the future.

Based on the grind of Run 1 --- and now more so with Run 2 --- I feel pretty strongly that number of Boss Fight replays is far too many, particularly, when you consider the lack of diversity in this Event. I think they need to move in the opposite direction. I suggest 12 hr refreshes or longer and far less Boss health. Make this event more like an Alliance-wide DDQ: something that requires a daily effort. A constant grind that requires 20 people with free schedules for a week is really too much and hard on Alliance members. They should have increased Ultron's difficulty level rather than his health bar.

I know that they don't want to give away 4* covers. That is to be expected, but really, how many Alliances have 20 (even 10) people excited to jump into 6 Boss Fights every 3 - 8 hours. I really think they need to retool this event to limit rewards through game difficultly, rather than by hours in the day.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just realized that we spent months and months complaining about 4hr refreshes in PVE only to now have an event where we're begging for 4hr refreshes just so we can have a chance at finishing.

Well played devs. Well played.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just realized that we spent months and months complaining about 4hr refreshes in PVE only to now have an event where we're begging for 4hr refreshes just so we can have a chance at finishing.

Well played devs. Well played.

I shouldn't have been surprised at all that the dawning of this observation would be snatched from my mortal hands by the One True Legend. icon_lol.gif

That being said, I pray to my Great Lord Satan that we not go back to 4-hour refreshes. I will forgo ever owning Hulkbuster at all to prevent such an abomination to occur. I shudder at the thought. Yeesh.