An Easy Fix for Ultron

Options
reckless442
reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The problem right now is that, with 8-hr refreshes, we cannot get in enough clears to finish the event. An easy solution is to change the refresh rate to 3 or 4 hours. The event does not have to be extended and Ultron's health does not have to be lowered mid-event. Sure it would be more grindy for alliances, but the ones who really want the last HB cover will be able to do it by Sunday night.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not just lower the round 8 health, since no one's there yet?
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Why not just lower the round 8 health, since no one's there yet?
    How much would it be lowered by? You would probably have to lower it to less than round 7's health for alliances to be able to finish before the end.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pick two.

1. Lower Ultron's overall health.
    2. Increase HP you can drain per round.
    3. Decrease refresh time.

I'm really disappointed with the way the boost to Ultron's HP was handled.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    trap.png Charge people 25 hero points to unlock all the nodes

JK god no don't do this
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For round 7/8 leave Ultron unlocked so don't have to fight the sentries.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You would probably have to lower it to less than round 7's health for alliances to be able to finish before the end.
    I know that seems illogical, but that's because they did such a bad job setting the round 7 level.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I think they should do all 3. Lower Ultron's health, make it a 4hr refresh, and increase the points you get from clearing the center node.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I think they should do all 3. Lower Ultron's health, make it a 4hr refresh, and increase the points you get from clearing the center node.

Problem here is, the points are based on his health, if you lower his health.. you lower the points...
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And that he hurts so bad...lower the refresh time, and clearing the essentials and Ultron, just destroys your roster. He just needs total health lowered a lot.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, remember that we have no clue whether any of these are "easy" or not. Take Ultron's health. How do we know that isn't hard-coded into the client, and the client progresses the bar based on a server call to get data on the overall alliance damage? If that's how it's coded... changing Ultron's health would not be easy in the least. It would require pushing new software to everyone, which is bottlenecked by the fact that Apple has to clear ANY change to code in a iOS app. Et cetera.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    The problem right now is that, with 8-hr refreshes, we cannot get in enough clears to finish the event. An easy solution is to change the refresh rate to 3 or 4 hours. The event does not have to be extended and Ultron's health does not have to be lowered mid-event. Sure it would be more grindy for alliances, but the ones who really want the last HB cover will be able to do it by Sunday night.

I prefer a simpler fix that every alliance clearing U7 is sent the U8 Hulkbuster. Less Code, no changes, and we all get to have a weekend without the ultra-grind.

I really want to see if an alliance clears U8 fully, I just don't expect it to happen, as I expect server melt during the last clear.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It looks the essential nodes were on 4 hour refresh from the start of part 1. So you can effectively grind it every 4 hours.
    I didn't specifically check but from the gut feeling it seems to happen at 12, 4 and 8 eastern time

Edit: well, maybe not 4 hours but I always see essentials refresh way before the main node timer runs out
  • Malcrof
    Options
    shurak wrote:
    It looks the essential nodes were on 4 hour refresh from the start of part 1. So you can effectively grind it every 4 hours.
    I didn't specifically check but from the gut feeling it seems to happen at 12, 4 and 8 eastern time

interesting, 4 is fast approaching, will have to check on that
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    shurak wrote:

After 4 now, no refresh.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    shurak wrote:

After 4 now, no refresh.
    The essential nodes all refresh at 12pm, 8pm, 4am EST. So if you clear your nodes before 8pm tonight EST, they will refresh at 8 and you can do them again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    shurak wrote:

After 4 now, no refresh.
    Yeah, I checked, it doesn't happen at those times.
    But I played all my 3 essentials this morning before going to work and at lunch around 1pm they were already refreshed so I played them again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The only winning move is not to play
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    I really want to see if an alliance clears U8 fully, I just don't expect it to happen, as I expect server melt during the last clear.
    I expect nothing like this, actually. The server melted last time because everyone was close or trying hard or whatever. This time, nearly no one will be close. Some top-end alliances, maybe, but that's just a few hundred people - not the thousands that tried hard for 3* SW. It's so hopeless people won't try. I don't think our group will even clear round 5 this time, so I know we won't be trying hard at the end.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Problem here is, the points are based on his health, if you lower his health.. you lower the points...

i think jamie meant "big head" ultron's heath bar that the alliance has to beat to get to next stage. not the actual ultron we have to defeat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    The only winning move is not to pay