Seed teams only ???

Options
Anyone else have this on combined arms pvp ..am playing against seed teams only and skip all day still seed teams nothing else ..what's happens

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else have this on combined arms pvp ..am playing against seed teams only and skip all day still seed teams nothing else ..what's happens

not sure i would complain about that? Free points and progression. Did you get sandboxed?
  • Malcrof wrote:

not sure i would complain about that? Free points and progression. Did you get sandboxed?

Nope am not sandboxed and other members from my alliance also have this problem and its not fun believe me not worth points at all
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This complaint needs to be added to "ATMs keep spitting out $100, even though my account as no money in it", and "Supermodels keep hitting on my whenever I go to a club"
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    But...the points would be down to nothing in a few matches. I guess if you had infinite time to play this might be worthwhile...50 games to earn 50 points...that sounds awful actually. This is a problem, but you should probably post in bugs and open a ticket.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    But...the points would be down to nothing in a few matches. I guess if you had infinite time to play this might be worthwhile...50 games to earn 50 points...that sounds awful actually. This is a problem, but you should probably post in bugs and open a ticket.

That part i didn't know. I got 2 rounds of seeds, worth 20 - 30 points each, and 4 2* covers to crush into iso, was very happy.. haven't had time to play the event again, but noone is attacking me and sitting at #6
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think everyone is in Ultron~. Combined Arms doesn't really offer a decent reward and Hulkbuster is wanted by people. Sacrifices were made. Also it's off-season.
  • Anyone else have this on combined arms pvp ..am playing against seed teams only and skip all day still seed teams nothing else ..what's happens
    Man, you're skipping seed teams? icon_eek.gif That's like free iso
  • shurak wrote:

You say that, but when the enemy is boosted 100 levels even seed teams do damage. A match is a match, and costs health, no matter what. And the reward for fighting is the same, just the threat of retaliation is gone.

My Combined Arms seed teams are worth 9 points now. I'd much rather be fighting people worth 30.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    shurak wrote:

You say that, but when the enemy is boosted 100 levels even seed teams do damage. A match is a match, and costs health, no matter what. And the reward for fighting is the same, just the threat of retaliation is gone.

My Combined Arms seed teams are worth 9 points now. I'd much rather be fighting people worth 30.
    Buffed chars on seed team? I withdraw my comment
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been trying to get to 200 points fighting those seed teams, and after getting 6 characters with low health and a couple of healthpacks used I stopped playing the event.

I used characters not optimally lvled but enough to beat those boosted seeds, the problem is that they do dmg and eventually you have to heal or change chars. After some matches they give only 10-15 points, so its really slow to climb, I rather invest the time on ultron, my alliance is quite casual and we will need every point we can scrap to get at least one or 2 ironmans.

Otherwise, its "free" iso, slow, but free icon_razz.gif
  • Anyone else have this on combined arms pvp ..am playing against seed teams only and skip all day still seed teams nothing else ..what's happens

Which shard did you join ?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have the same problem in Combined Arms, I was going to ask the same thing. Oddly, one person hit me, but I can't skip enough to see anything but seed teams.

And it is a problem. I stopped at 100 pts because it's boring to fight poorly composed (yet buffed) teams for 16 pts. I'd much rather take on a real match for 30-40 pts. Less grindy, less boring.

EDIT: I am in slice #1.
  • Also in slice one, I climbed to over 300 where it is down to 6 point matches as far as the eye can see...
  • I guess with ultron going on there is just ultra low participation in combined arms
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This happened to me in the Mystique PVP. I had nothing but seed teams, of course I didn't complain because they were easy but also a pain to climb in points since the seed teams were only worth like 10 pts. Nonetheless I made Top 25 for 2 Steve Roger covers with only a measly 150pts but at the cost of barely reaching 4,000 for my 10pk. I had to work the SHIELD SIM for a bit. Of course then next 2 PVP's had NO seed teams! lol
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I've kind of been getting the same thing.

I'd like to issue a formal apology to B4conm4gic for beating up on his team five times in one night, because I kept getting his team over and over again in the draws.
  • arktos1971 wrote:

Which shard did you join ?

Ark am in 4 slice
  • Malcrof
    Options
    The seed teams may not be worth much (jst got my first 16 and 15 point ones, so they are going down), but i get to play around with alot of characters that i have not been able to level, against characters that may be high level, but have like 1 cover in 1 color.. so any damage done is mitigated by the fact that i doubt i will use that character again for a while.. and with no retal...no worries.

and will never complain about loads of free iso
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At 365 my matches are worth 5 points. I know all eyes are on the Ultron event but it would be nice to get some dev input on this. At least an acknowledgement of this
  • fmftint wrote:
    At 365 my matches are worth 5 points. I know all eyes are on the Ultron event but it would be nice to get some dev input on this. At least an acknowledgement of this

I can surmise D3's input:

PvP is working as intended.

Last time I played a PvP was the Hulk event about 2-3 weeks ago and the top score in my shard was 250+ points. After that rubbish, I'm not going to bother until this game gets it act together.