Lame Next Event ess is she hulk---- rewards are hulkbuster

Options
2»

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    We've had buy-in tournaments in MPQ before. It was brutal and had low brackets sizes. I enjoyed them but I have no idea if it was profitable for the company. I would wait to see how things go after ditching vaulting before doing something like this though.

Make the reward structure more appealing, and you'll most probably see a difference.
    It was a guaranteed 3* token. During transition, that thing was invaluable. Felt like reward enough for me for 200 or less HP. If you scored well enough, you at least made back half your entry fee.
  • It wouldn't harm to test again, now that the playerbase has changed.

Is it better to pay with Health Packs than with a Ticket ?
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the tournement is pay to play, I'll stop playing.

It can't be compared to MTGO where an event is 4 hours max, and you can chain them. Here, paying to grind for 4 days is way more work.

Free to play competitive game work because there is a threshold of not paying customer that fill the gap and bring a critical mass of player to have a real competition. If you must pay to enter tournement, the player that don't pay to level hero will not join, so you will end up with way less people. And the game will begin the drop. That's why Hearthstone is way more popular then MTGO, because you don't have to pay to play and have reward, you must pay to have a deck.

I play MPQ because I can have fun without paying, I pay for my slot roster and slowly grind the progression. As soon as I will not be able to play, I'll just stop.

MTGO, you have no game mode "free" they are all pay to enter or casual room that give nothing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Megdar wrote:

It can't be compared to MTGO where an event is 4 hours max, and you can chain them. Here, paying to grind for 4 days is way more work.

Free to play competitive game work because there is a threshold of not paying customer that fill the gap and bring a critical mass of player to have a real competition. If you must pay to enter tournement, the player that don't pay to level hero will not join, so you will end up with way less people. And the game will begin the drop. That's why Hearthstone is way more popular then MTGO, because you don't have to pay to play and have reward, you must pay to have a deck.

I play MPQ because I can have fun without paying, I pay for my slot roster and slowly grind the progression. As soon as I will not be able to play, I'll just stop.

MTGO, you have no game mode "free" they are all pay to enter or casual room that give nothing.

i would not mind paying Pay to play touraments maybe like 100 HP would get you a chance at better prizes but everyone who enters gets

heroic token
    2000 ISO
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Btw, Hulkbuster is top 50, not 150. I didn't see this corrected anywhere and thought it should pointed out.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Megdar wrote:

i would not mind paying Pay to play touraments maybe like 100 HP would get you a chance at better prizes but everyone who enters gets

heroic token
    2000 ISO

I wouldn't mind if they brought this back too but probably unlikely because it's not too difficult to earn 100 HP. I usually bring in about a 1000 HP a week. I think when they first released the HP Only event, it was much difficult to get. I had just started playing when they released the first HP Event and I thought it was too risky at the time but 1st place prize won EVERY single cover in the game, no joke!

I could see them doing a 500-1000HP event with a guaranteed 3* but then again what's the point when we DDQ? Maybe a guaranteed 4*?
  • slidecage
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Btw, Hulkbuster is top 50, not 150. I didn't see this corrected anywhere and thought it should pointed out.

it should be fix by the time it starts or ends. Sure D3 said ALL 4 stars will be top 100 from now on back with kingpin.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

it should be fix by the time it starts or ends. Sure D3 said ALL 4 stars will be top 100 from now on back with kingpin.

They switched the alliance reward, not the individual reward. Everything is set where it will be.
  • slidecage
    Options
    cletus1985 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

They switched the alliance reward, not the individual reward. Everything is set where it will be.

yea guess so . misread that. Going to be a bloodbath in that event.

shocked in a way RED is tops yet Red is 2nd on the ultron thing.

do all events say this..> never looked at event

POWERED UP...

xxxxxxxx

what is normal then it says

POWERED UP THIS WEEK..... got to wonder if that is the powered up people for this weeks PVP

if so humm humm group.. fighting Kahn could be a major pain.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i feel like no one is paying the proper attention to this injustice of the OP getting booted out of his alliance.

can nobody think of a reason why this happened??

perhaps we need to ask OJ to look into this, after he finds the real killers.
  • slidecage
    Options
    evil panda wrote:
    i feel like no one is paying the proper attention to this injustice of the OP getting booted out of his alliance.

can nobody think of a reason why this happened??

perhaps we need to ask OJ to look into this, after he finds the real killers.

sub commander pm me and said they had 2 people ask to join the alliance. Wont air the details here but said he had to cut someone and picked me so case is closed