Lame Next Event ess is she hulk---- rewards are hulkbuster

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
meaning if you cant find a team that will take top 100 or your cant get 150 good luck getting hulkbuster or even playing the PVE for the next week. Far as i can see SHE HULK is vaulted and no other way to earn/get her

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    meaning if you cant find a team that will take top 100 or your cant get 150 good luck getting hulkbuster or even playing the PVE for the next week. Far as i can see SHE HULK is vaulted and no other way to earn/get her
    I thought vaulting was ending tomorrow
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So you're complaining that they are giving additional opportunities to get a 4*? Really?

They are giving them out in Ultron already.

By the way, how long have you been playing now? If you were really interested in placing in pve, you could have found a pve alliance by now, and they would probably have taught you how to excel at it.

I'm sorry, but after this long, you no longer get to play the victim card.
  • Wait, you dont have a dedicated alliance and cant make up to T150 in a regular PvE? Do you want them to just hand over the Hulkbuster for everyone then?

I understand that some events are harder than others, but getting an individual T150 for a 3* cover should be the minimum to keep advancing.
  • slidecage
    Options
    So you're complaining that they are giving additional opportunities to get a 4*? Really?

They are giving them out in Ultron already.

By the way, how long have you been playing now? If you were really interested in placing in pve, you could have found a pve alliance by now, and they would probably have taught you how to excel at it.

I'm sorry, but after this long, you no longer get to play the victim card.

i was in a very good alliance but something happened and i got booted (commander has no clue how) was booted some time last night been looking all day for a new Top 100 team so i can grab she hulk but seems most are filled already.

Since my last PVE i was locked out (server was down when mine ended friday at 3pm) was not able to grind at the end and just missed the Roger cover so did not have the roger cover to wont make top 150 in this pve.

Be more then happy to take a week off of the game no reason to play it cause no she hulk = no top placing in anything. when they make the ess. nodes worth all of the others combined. If anyone know a top 100 team i can get into and get the she hulk let me know i be more then happy

though i will probally play it wont play it as hard as i would if i had a she hulk.. then again i guess is going to be a blod bath for the covers so maybe its better not to have a she hulk icon_e_smile.gif

PS not **** im not getting more hulk buster covers i doubt i will use the ones i win for ultron but just saying kind of lame to have an Ess person whos been vaulted for the past month
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You were kicked, but commander doesn't know why or how, and won't invite you back. Doesn't quite add up
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Personally, my issue is this is running alongside Ultron, an event which is already pretty punishing for my teams.
    There's that one sub event in Enemy of the State with few, if any, survivor nodes to farm for hish pointage...and that always screws me over.

Gonna be difficult getting top 50 in that.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    You were kicked, but commander doesn't know why or how, and won't invite you back. Doesn't quite add up

Not true, as a commander I had it happen to a member once. It turned out he was sand boxed due to cheating though.
  • slidecage
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

more then one commander in the team so might been the other one but the owner did not know. They were filled so there was little they could done about it

least get 2 weeks off.. Play minor cause of no she hulk and then the following week will be a gaulnet and no need to play that hard either
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

So get top 150? Seriously most people aren't bothering to play the event so it should be a doddle.

Plenty of us have She Hulk and have no intention of maxing her, so you will be up against newbies who lack the essential characters for a heroic.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage, seriously, with all the time you spend whining on the forums...
    If you had invested a 10th of that time into finding a PVE-focused alliance you'd be well on your way into 3* land by now.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    slidecage, seriously, with all the time you spend whining on the forums...
    If you had invested a 10th of that time into finding a PVE-focused alliance you'd be well on your way into 3* land by now.
    Maybe that's the wrong approach.

How about spending more time on PvE, get as much score as he can, THEN look for a top 100 PvE alliance with that score?
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wait so you are pissed that you arent going to get a she hulk which means you are not in the top 150 but yet you want to find a top 100 alliance. T100 alliances are there due to their members score highly not from players outside of top 150.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never seen someone on the boards with over 700 posts but only 52 reputation. Instead of complaining, how about you post some insightful topics that help other players? Come up with alternatives on how the game could be better.

If you cared that much about She Hulk then you should of checked out the Time Brackets so you know when to enter. For instance, I entered a bracket with only 150 players, guaranteed She Hulk and right now I'm rank 17 with only 10k points.
  • I was 973rd last night (had pre joined event but wasn't playing at all)

When I saw she-hulk was essential for hulkbuster rewards then I panicked and started playing. did one full run and finished the event this morning 122nd. One she hulk is all I need icon_e_smile.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For many people, this is functionally no different than the last new character being required as the essential for the next new character, which is standard operating procedure. You almost always have to have placed in the T150 in the previous release PvE to have the essential for the next new character.

That they used Shulkie rather than Scarlet Witch is actually a nice move on their part, as it breaks the chain of needing the last new character to get a new character, meaning that there are many people who already have one even if they didn't play the last PvE.

You're no worse off than you'd normally be.
  • Giving us more opportunities to level a new 4* character faster is indeed a good thing. Something we've asked for a long time.

That being said, knowing what it takes to rank 5-10, I wonder how burnt out many of us will be in the end of next week. Because it's not only a question of "who's buying the biggest amount of Health Packs to play all the events together".

They need to get money from those new characters, which is absolutely normal.

Why not make people "pay" a certain amount of HPs to participate in the event ? Contest of Champions does it, and Magic the Gathering does it too.

Looks like they want MPQ to become a serious thing. There will come a time when strict F2P players will have to make a choice : participate moneywise or accept to play casually with less rewards.

I find it more and more disapointing to see that vets are required more and more investment, when the newcomers have it easier and easier...
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Why not make people "pay" a certain amount of HPs to participate in the event ? Contest of Champions does it, and Magic the Gathering does it too.

First, magic the gathering reward a hell of a lot more then the equivalent of 1 or 2 cover... when you win an event you have enough pack to entre 5 other event free (Winning here is top 10 equivalent). And you can do 3-4 dailies event a day, not one each 4 days.

If they charge 500 hp, they would have to give 2500 hp to the top 10. More over on MTGO, for 300$ you have your full Standard deck... not only one hero 4* that is a third of your roster. And your deck is ready for the next event, you don't have to pay for health pack.

And on MTGO, you can sell your deck to someone else when you want to quit.

Don't compare apple with orange, they are not the same thing at all...

They want to have more money, make the price real for the majority... the only thing I buy is roster slot, because paying for anything else does not make sense to me at the given price...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Megdar wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

First, magic the gathering reward a hell of a lot more then the equivalent of 1 or 2 cover... when you win an event you have enough pack to entre 5 other event free (Winning here is top 10 equivalent). And you can do 3-4 dailies event a day, not one each 4 days.

If they charge 500 hp, they would have to give 2500 hp to the top 10. More over on MTGO, for 300$ you have your full Standard deck... not only one hero 4* that is a third of your roster. And your deck is ready for the next event, you don't have to pay for health pack.

They want to have more money, make the price real for the majority... the only thing I buy is roster slot, because paying for anything else does not make sense to me at the given price...
    We've had buy-in tournaments in MPQ before. It was brutal and had low brackets sizes. I enjoyed them but I have no idea if it was profitable for the company. I would wait to see how things go after ditching vaulting before doing something like this though.
  • Megdar wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

They are rewarding covers and Iso, so, in the end, the reward structure is about the same, considering the price of a cover...

I can make the difference between apple and oranges.
  • We've had buy-in tournaments in MPQ before. It was brutal and had low brackets sizes. I enjoyed them but I have no idea if it was profitable for the company. I would wait to see how things go after ditching vaulting before doing something like this though.

Make the reward structure more appealing, and you'll most probably see a difference.