Avengers Vs Ultron (April 29 - May 3)

Options
124»

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    emaker27 wrote:
    Anyone get 6 enemies in the first wave, and 3 in the second in a handful of survival nodes?

It doesn't happen often, but enough for me to notice. Maybe 85% I get 3 and then 3, 10% I get 4 and 3, 5% I get 6 and then 3.

6 in the first wave occasionally happens.
    That's usually when you wish you brought OBW/Kamala.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've basically been using Luke Cage, with maxed red cover, and the sentry waves are pretty much un-loseable. What ever the required character, mix and match the third for whatever seems interesting, and I hardly ever take more than 1 damage per hit.

I do have to applaud the sentry's ability to get some serious cascades though, especially the fighter. They blast half a column, then get a cascade, which sets up a match-4. Pretty neat trick, which they pull off constantly.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    I've basically been using Luke Cage, with maxed red cover, and the sentry waves are pretty much un-loseable. What ever the required character, mix and match the third for whatever seems interesting, and I hardly ever take more than 1 damage per hit.

I do have to applaud the sentry's ability to get some serious cascades though, especially the fighter. They blast half a column, then get a cascade, which sets up a match-4. Pretty neat trick, which they pull off constantly.

Cage still gets owned when Fighter Fighter other dude decide to do blast column (not enough tiles) blast column (was not enough but now there are a crapload) oh hey look too many special tiles, meltdown 5 match 5 match 5 match. Design wise meltdown should eat 7 special tiles and leave behind 2 crits, as is once it goes off its basically going off every round after that. Its no win / zerg em as fast as you can when its 1-2 green bots with a blue bot, the column blast + cascades will eventually flood the board with special tiles. Its even hard to stop meltdown when its blue + 2 yellows.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Konman wrote:

Cage still gets owned when Fighter Fighter other dude decide to do blast column (not enough tiles) blast column (was not enough but now there are a crapload) oh hey look too many special tiles, meltdown 5 match 5 match 5 match. Design wise meltdown should eat 7 special tiles and leave behind 2 crits, as is once it goes off its basically going off every round after that. Its no win / zerg em as fast as you can when its 1-2 green bots with a blue bot, the column blast + cascades will eventually flood the board with special tiles. Its even hard to stop meltdown when its blue + 2 yellows.
    The gunners are OP. No two ways about it.

You figure the devs would learn from another character who almost had 2 crits *cough* icon_quicksilver.png *cough*

As a side note, if you aren't using true-healers or Luke Cage/Groot/etc. It's pretty krutacking hard to make it through a match without a dead character. They really should tone these robots down, they're much more dangerous than Ultron himself, lol.

PS: I think if the Ultron Sentries didn't make matches, they'd be a little more reasonable to deal with. As is, you can expect every of their turns to result in multiple match 3s if not match 4/5s(Loki is loving it). I guess I should just be glad they can't use AP and Ultron prime is fairly non-threatening.
  • Unknown
    Options
    On Sentries I did really fine with rogers/IM40/hood. Hulk/2*wolvie/obw was working well too. Never lost a fight with these teams.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Griv74 wrote:
    On Sentries I did really fine with rogers/IM40/hood. Hulk/2*wolvie/obw was working well too. Never lost a fight with these teams.
    The issue isn't losing. Well 99% of the time it isn't. It's escaping without using a health pack. Consider how many times we're "supposed" to fight sentries.

I can usually go with 2* Featured character/Daken/Blade. Sometimes I'll do cage/falcon. I'll use Hulk when I know Gunners will go berserk in nodes.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're also significantly more dangerous rounds 6+. On underpowered featured nodes (OBW/SW and maybe IM35 / Hawkeye / QS) I try to bring Patch / Daken to save packs on Cage + IF, usually a 75%+ success rate.

Edit: Good news, Ultron no longer disappears when you clear round 8. Glad they got around to fixing that.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah because like - Ultron disappearing after r8 would affect sooooo many people (40?) and it would matter sooooo much for them icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    They're also significantly more dangerous rounds 6+. On underpowered featured nodes (OBW/SW and maybe IM35 / Hawkeye / QS) I try to bring Patch / Daken to save packs on Cage + IF, usually a 75%+ success rate.

Edit: Good news, Ultron no longer disappears when you clear round 8. Glad they got around to fixing that.
    well isn't that just a final kick in the nuts
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol.. morgh ... icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Seriously, it was tough ... but bragging rights it got us ...
    This kind of PVE ... if not for off season & BP (pvp) made optional (on top of maintaining T5 in EotS), this 2nd round Ultron fight would not be possible... not enough health packs to go around & not to mention ending times clash on top of real life.

(Lucky it is a super long weekend in asia ... Labour day Friday to Vesak Day on Monday)

Interestingly, QS's pvp was called Blue shift... & his sister (SW) is called Red shift.... lol

Well done team...

Clap Clap....

Should have an achievement tag for this... on the alliance & members' IGN .. this is significant...

NoMistake
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great day to be a Taco

marc
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So it's saying "Rewards Pending" for me. Anyone know if this means we will be getting additional rewards based off of alliance performance?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So it's saying "Rewards Pending" for me. Anyone know if this means we will be getting additional rewards based off of alliance performance?

I never saw anything for the last run, so I doubt it. Perhaps those alliances that were able to finish the final node of Ultron Prime got something, but the rest of us get nothing more than you've earned already.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I liked the event, but my experience with it sucked. How is this possible? I joined an alliance where only half the members were playing. Participation dropped near the end and I went to bed with the alliance needing 400-500k more to open it, but I still I felt confident that we could open the first HB cover. One of the problems with the event for me was its finish time and that we opened the 6th Prime node just a little before the finish line. I don't even remember if I made a mistake and joined wrong slice or something else happened. For me, the nodes were refreshing at 3am, 11am, 7pm. However, the event finished 7am. No idea why it didn't follow the 11am finish which would be convenient. I make my final pass of the last nodes (3am) and I plan to wake up 6:30 to check if the HB Prime node has opened. Sadly, I was so tired didn't even hear the wake up call. I ended the event with the most points in the alliance (~1.4mn) and I am probably one of the few who didn't get a HB cover. Tokens were extremely bad in both runs of the event which made the experience even more miserable. Total count 3x3*+1x4* from 45-46 tokens. So, like I said, my experience with the event was terrible. MPQ sucks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so D3 just responded to my ticket and said they compensated me but I received nothing....?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't receive my prizes from Ultron Events!!!

My username in the game is Lamonier.

I was first in the event. icon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Lamonier wrote:
    I don't receive my prizes from Ultron Events!!! My username in the game is Lamonier. I was first in the event. icon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gif

Hi,

Please open a ticket with Customer Support if you haven't received your rewards from the Ultron Event. You can do that here and they will be happy to assist:
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

Thanks!