Avengers Vs Ultron (April 29 - May 3)

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most of my alliance isn't even participating this time around, after not getting to finish round 6 after a huge push and almost clearing it before it all died, and almost noone having SW.. they think it is not worth the effort. Which is sad. I wanted to go for the million again (i got it on round 1), but no SW and only 2 total in the alliance (1 is someone who can't clear a basic node) doing my 3 nodes every 8 hours leaves me with no chance at all.
  • puppychow wrote:
    here we go again. Good luck everyone! icon_cool.gif
    HEY YOU!!! DONT ATTACK ME IN LIGHTNING ROUND ;P

Holy **** there's actually 3 Hulkbuster available in progression

everyone should convince D3 to make 4* available like this ALWAYS

I just wish the next 4.5 days weren't such a crapshoot for me...
    PS: Can't wait to get my witch covers
  • There's actually Hulkbuster covers in the SIMULTANEOUSLY RUNNING Enemy of the State PVE for top 50...

I like that they are being more generous with the covers, but I'm not sure this will help people focus... icon_redface.gif
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    The constant locking of Ultron Tokens behind new characters is a really **** move. Making three of the five nodes require new characters is also ****.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Round 5: 3 million hp
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What time are the global refresh/unlocks times for nodes?
    12pm
    8pm
    4am

EST?
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D3P,

You're still giving only 20 ISO rewards for beating a level 250 Ultron?? ****??? The only thing worse that that would be to give nothing at all!! I beat Ultron in five battles in round 4 and three of those I only got 20 ISO. Stop being so stingy!!!!!
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hiding the event tokens behind the SW nodes is a dumb move and what makes it even dumber is the fact that the node rewards refresh when the node does. Someone who is extremely lucky (don't look at me) could get 3 tokens after every refresh and those who aren't ( icon_redface.gif ) get only 1. In the previous round of the event I got 22-24 tokens, of which only 3-4 gave a 3* character. Is this really such a huge problem for an event that is so grindy and difficult after round 4-5?

Something else that doesn't make sense is that the clock starts counting at 8 hours after the last time you beat Ultron and it doesn't show the time until the nodes refresh from the event's internal clock. Unless I am mistaken, the nodes refresh every 8 hours. In the previous round of the event, for me (GMT+2), that was 3am, 11am, 7pm. So, assuming you start playing right after the nodes refresh, the time you see counting down after the last time you beat Ultron will never go down to 0 because the internal event clock started counting down when you started playing. It makes no sense at all. When you see a clock it should always show the internal clock counting down and this should reset to 8h only after a round is finished or when the clock reaches 0.

Does anyone know if the refresh times are the same as last time? I'm trying to maximize the points I get early on because I don't know if my alliance will get to round 7.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Does anyone know if the refresh times are the same as last time? I'm trying to maximize the points I get early on because I don't know if my alliance will get to round 7.
    Refresh times are the same, yes.

6 PM, 2 am, 10 am (all CET, so your GMT times are correct).
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Unless I am mistaken, the nodes refresh every 8 hours. In the previous round of the event, for me (GMT+2), that was 3am, 11am, 7pm. So, assuming you start playing right after the nodes refresh, the time you see counting down after the last time you beat Ultron will never go down to 0 because the internal event clock started counting down when you started playing. It makes no sense at all.
    It depends on when you play. I am in Eastern US, which has the outer nodes cycle and refresh at 4am, Noon, and 8pm. If I play at 6:30am (before work), 6pm, and between 8pm-10:30pm, that gets me two instances of Ultron unlocking on its own per day. That schedule will not work for all timezones, of course, but you might be able to work out something similar to get 2-3 extra clears a day.
  • shriekingwillow
    shriekingwillow Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any insight yet into round 6, 7, and 8 Ultron health?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Alliances who got burned with the server outage and have almost no SW's because of it, get to miss out on HB now (i got lucky with HB and got one on a token) but no witch, so even the million progression is looking grim.. alliance is dis-heartened and barely participating after coming so close to clearing round 6 in the first event before the outage. Doing my 3 nodes i can, plus the refresh.. not looking like the 500k is even reachable this way.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Round 5: 3 million hp

Round 6: 5.5M HP

Despite their saying they couldn't fix this in time, they apparently managed to fix this in time.

At the start of round 6, our alliance already averaged 300K pts each, and with conservative assumption of 18M+ pts to go (5.5M rd 6, 6M rd 7, 6.5M rd 8), plus the smaller pts from the sub nodes, all 20 members should easily hit 1M and gather all progressions.

Looks like at least 24M pts available, higher if rd 7 and 8 have more pts than I guessed above.

With these higher health levels for Ultron, completing all 8 rounds will take longer, but we'll get there. 3.5 days to go!

Thanks, devs for quick work on this, even if it has been a rough ride icon_lol.gif

I'm not so sure they actually "fixed" this. The numbers might be intentionally higher so its harder for alliances to clear round 7 + 8 (there were already alliances struggling with clearing round 6 last time). My guess this is gating to make 4*'s rarer.
  • fmftint
    Options
    Round 6 was a huge jump over run one, 3 million to 5.5 million, 83% increase!
  • I don't think they intended to fix the low amount of points this time.
    It's higher because this time the prize is a 4* instead of a 3*. It's logical to be "harder" to get.

The fix might happen for the next reruns on this (I'm looking at you Thanos!!!!)
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Alliances who got burned with the server outage and have almost no SW's because of it, get to miss out on HB now (i got lucky with HB and got one on a token) but no witch, so even the million progression is looking grim.. alliance is dis-heartened and barely participating after coming so close to clearing round 6 in the first event before the outage. Doing my 3 nodes i can, plus the refresh.. not looking like the 500k is even reachable this way.

I may have spoken too soon, almost to the 200k progression with 3 days left, and we are not even done with round 3, so it looks like i may get to the 500k progression in time to make a HUGE push with the extra nodes unlocked. Wish me luck!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watch these 3 nodes for points:
    3_No_Point_Value_Nodes.png

As of the 12PM EST node refresh there is no point value displayed on them, and they give no points when beat. The Captain America, Iron Man and lower right Scarlet Witch.
    The Captain America node is the same one Hawkeye was in for the last refresh and he gave no points too.

These 3 nodes may be consistently no point nodes, verification would be nice at the next refresh.
    If these 3 nodes are constantly no point nodes, that is 60% of the essential nodes not giving points. That is huge when we are looking at hitting progression again. Fortunately this does not effect your ability to defeat Ultron, only your own personal progression for SW covers... not that it's much consolation.

More screenshots here:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28813
  • fmftint
    Options
    Has anyone notice that Gunner Core Meltdown now reads 7 or more? I guess the way to fix it was just change the description
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there a guide to understand what is going on with this event and how it works, exactly?

I'm confused about knowing exactly what to target. I generally get that I should work on the "Round - Five Wave" events, alternating between each of the 5 heros there, and beating Ultron in that second fight.

I don't understand:

1. How can I tell exactly how far I'm progressing, and which "points" go to what. It seems like there's event points and ultron points. A lot of times I win "0" points (I think I've seen there's a bug with this though)

2. What is the ultron health bar. Is it counting down or up? What drives the health bar down?

3. Do I individually beat a "Round" or does my team have to collectively unlock each round? How much time do we have to do this before it's "Too late"?

4. I'm confused about the reset times. It seems like it regularly tells me that the "Round" events won't unlock for 7 hours, but then it seems like that unlocks regularly in less than 7 hours.

Thanks!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rowdster wrote:
    Is there a guide to understand what is going on with this event and how it works, exactly?

I'm confused about knowing exactly what to target. I generally get that I should work on the "Round - Five Wave" events, alternating between each of the 5 heros there, and beating Ultron in that second fight.

I don't understand:

1. How can I tell exactly how far I'm progressing, and which "points" go to what. It seems like there's event points and ultron points. A lot of times I win "0" points (I think I've seen there's a bug with this though)

2. What is the ultron health bar. Is it counting down or up? What drives the health bar down?

3. Do I individually beat a "Round" or does my team have to collectively unlock each round? How much time do we have to do this before it's "Too late"?

4. I'm confused about the reset times. It seems like it regularly tells me that the "Round" events won't unlock for 7 hours, but then it seems like that unlocks regularly in less than 7 hours.

Thanks!

1. There are two target scores. The first is Ultron's health, which is depicted on the main Ultron screen. The accumulated damage that your Alliance does to Ultron comes off his global health. The second target is your personal progression score, which is individual, and counts towards progression rewards.

2. The Ultron health bar is his health for that round. His global health (28 million) is divided over 8 rounds. Every time any Alliance member damages Ultron in the large central node, it comes off the health bar. Points accrued in the Essential nodes around don't count towards his health total.

3. You can individually beat a round if you're the only one playing, but usually it's your Alliance's team effort. You have until the event ends in total before it's "too late".

4. The central reset time indicates when the central Ultron node will reset for another attempt at Ultron himself. It doesn't indicate when the Essential nodes will tick over (I think they seem to reset every 4-5 hours, roughly).