Please compensate us with all 3 SW covers for the downtime

Options
2»

Comments

• i do think they should give all 3 color since they screw this up big time, with ultron, regular pve, and season. i got all 3 colors but some of my ally did miss out due to the fact that they screw up.
    and dont forget that shes needed for round2 ultron.

its fair. pls show us some nice gesture d3.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Best solution would be a 24h event extend; to cover any time zone.

If they use a compensation, imo most proper would be awarding the following reward on each progression list (personal and alliance).
    In my case, it would be a Quicksilver cover and a Scarlet Witch cover; Quicksilver was at hand's reach (930.000/1.000.000), SW was unlikely as we had just cleared phase 5.

Asking for 3 covers seems really out of scale, quite unlikely for any to rush through 3 rewards in 4 hours!!

I do not want tokens as compensation; we were aimed for specific rewards, not for a chance for it.
  • Echoing what others said, compensating Alliances with the next unattained Ultron Prime reward would be the sensible thing to do. Which, in my case, would give my Alliance the SW blue we were so close to getting.
  • agree with above, worth more cover than token usually give 2 star or 3* who i already own, maybe give us one cover QS and SW bottom cover OR one cover hulkbuster as gesture of goodwill lol.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    needs to be more then that.

They messed up my Friday pve meaning no iron man yellow
    they messed up my friday PVe Meaning no Roger covers
    They messed up my Friday PVP meaning no covers
    They messed up my PVE event this time no she hulk covers
    They took down the event too soon No QS covers

this is not even count the number of tokens i lost
    This does not even count the fact they screw up my season score
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Asking for 3 covers is crazy talk, but so is having the last 5 or so hours of the biggest event you're trying to promote not being accessible to a significant portion of the total population. But I can tell you what won't work is if they offered 2 Avengers versus Ultron token and expect that to be enough.
    You are not wrong, but:
    slidecage wrote:

The thing is, it's nearly impossible for them to accurately compensate us since so many events were affected. You could easily argue 2 x DDQs, Oscorp, and 2 PvP events in addition to the Ultron event were affected. Not to mention progression rewards that "could have been" - which is completely impossible to measure.

Honestly, I would have agreed with you Phantron, but the more I read these forums the more I am thinking that three 3* covers is not a bad way to go. At least that covers some of what "could have been," in multiple ways.

I agree that what is 100% NOT acceptable is a ton of tokens so you get the "chance" of a reward. I REALLY hope they don't go down that route... icon_e_sad.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Asking for 3 covers is crazy talk, but so is having the last 5 or so hours of the biggest event you're trying to promote not being accessible to a significant portion of the total population. But I can tell you what won't work is if they offered 2 Avengers versus Ultron token and expect that to be enough.
    You are not wrong, but:
    slidecage wrote:

The thing is, it's nearly impossible for them to accurately compensate us since so many events were affected. You could easily argue 2 x DDQs, Oscorp, and 2 PvP events in addition to the Ultron event were affected. Not to mention progression rewards that "could have been" - which is completely impossible to measure.

Honestly, I would have agreed with you Phantron, but the more I read these forums the more I am thinking that three 3* covers is not a bad way to go. At least that covers some of what "could have been," in multiple ways.

I agree that what is 100% NOT acceptable is a ton of tokens so you get the "chance" of a reward. I REALLY hope they don't go down that route... icon_e_sad.gif

this is how i think it should be handled

3 roger covers
    3 she hulk covers
    3 QS covers
    3 Black widow covers
    3 Witch covers

Pick any 2

and they give you say 2500 ISO and 5 Tokens and 200 HP...
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    by slidecage » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Agreed, absolutely; my post referred only for the Ultron event, I did not participate actively on some of those events, but I was wacked on the PvP rewarding Mystique covers. and placed poorly on PvE.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because of the downtime, my alliance missed out on the first SW cover, so we have basically no chance in the next event... and i had to listen to my wife complain all night because she was trying to play and had even bought google play cards for health packs so we could knock off round 6 to get SW.. Haven't been this frustrated with server downtime since Everquest.
  • wirius wrote:
    How about we just ask to have the event time extended? Less asking for free stuff, and more sensible and fair solutions. =)

Truth, and a +1.

IAH, I don't need anything free from D3. I would however welcome the opportunity to finish the work I started on the PVE SRCA progression reward. I would suspect most players would not feel slighted if D3 extended their ability to earn the rewards they were after, as opposed to simply giving them away across the board.

Again, IAH, I had no shot at SW, I realized it pretty early on, and I'd actually feel a bit weird being gifted something I couldn't have possibly earned myself.

Now, as for that SRCA redflag.png ... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • I thought about it some more and I think 3 SW covers is the best way to go despite being utterly greedy. The #1 reason to do this is because D3 doesn't seem to have a good system to figure out who needs what covers. While logically it'd make sense to just say whoever is on round 6 gets round 6 cover and so on, based on history it seems to me this is a nontrivial task for them and yet this needs to be resolved before the next round begins. On the other hand, give everyone 3 covers is definitely very easy to do and should take no time at all. If we have to all submit a ticket on which cover we need, I don't think it'd even get resolved before Ultron Round 2 starts and what we all know SW is going to be essential there.

It's also a good catch all for all the other losses incurred by this event. I was making somewhat of an effort for top 2 in Heroic Oscorp and that's obviously not happening now after missing an entire block of 5 hours, including the end of a sub. I don't know if I cared enough to grind to top 2 in Heroic Oscorp, but I don't need the game to decide for me that I didn't need top 2. Other players may have lost out significantly on Earth's Mightiest Hero as well.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think a $4.50 credit to the micro-transaction store would be clever. Still gives us some imaginary stuff, while generating about $0.49 worth of revenue from a bunch of users. icon_e_wink.gif

Just kidding, the SW covers would be great! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I thought about it some more and I think 3 SW covers is the best way to go despite being utterly greedy. The #1 reason to do this is because D3 doesn't seem to have a good system to figure out who needs what covers. While logically it'd make sense to just say whoever is on round 6 gets round 6 cover and so on, based on history it seems to me this is a nontrivial task for them and yet this needs to be resolved before the next round begins. On the other hand, give everyone 3 covers is definitely very easy to do and should take no time at all. If we have to all submit a ticket on which cover we need, I don't think it'd even get resolved before Ultron Round 2 starts and what we all know SW is going to be essential there.

It's also a good catch all for all the other losses incurred by this event. I was making somewhat of an effort for top 2 in Heroic Oscorp and that's obviously not happening now after missing an entire block of 5 hours, including the end of a sub. I don't know if I cared enough to grind to top 2 in Heroic Oscorp, but I don't need the game to decide for me that I didn't need top 2. Other players may have lost out significantly on Earth's Mightiest Hero as well.

Hilariously, I'm pretty sure that the people pushing for this ridiculous amount of compensation are the people who already got 3 covers and want to cash into the issue to walk out with 6. How many covers did you get, Phantron?
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    Hilariously, I'm pretty sure that the people pushing for this ridiculous amount of compensation are the people who already got 3 covers and want to cash into the issue to walk out with 6. How many covers did you get, Phantron?

What kind of loaded question is that? If you have the 3 covers you have an agenda to be pushing for more stuff, and if you have 0 covers you obviously have an agenda for more covers too? But I got 0 SW covers out of this if you want to know, and I have no problem with people who have 3 SW getting 3 more, because it's not their problem that the server sucks, even though they obviously don't deserve any more. By the way, had they tried to resolve this on an individual basis I'm sure you'll have a lot of people lying like, "My alliance is on round 3, we're totally going to clear round 8 by the last day even though it's mathematically impossible" and again I got no problem with those guys getting their stuff, because D3 opened themselves to this kind of vulnerabilities and since they cannot even roll back a cover I purchased without deleting the character, I'm virtually certain they lack the manpower or technology to be able to tell the difference between a legitmate gripe and a lie so they got no choice here.
  • Honestly an event extension was the only way they were going to save face on this fiasco... and they failed to do it. Now the only way they are going to get anything less than gallons and gallons of Haterade dumped on their heads and forum, would be to offer extravagant compensation. The kind that blows people away with their "generosity"...

What will it hurt anyways? They will nerf SW to being worthless in a month, Hulkbuster after that, and then be pushing some new OP 4star or OP 3star until a decent amount of people have them and then nerf them too.

I'm 450+ days in and have seen it repeated time and time again.

Now as far as what I think they will do: most likely give people a 10 pack of event tokens and the next progression reward in Ultron Prime scoreboard. I do not think they will give away the next reward if you had beaten the next Ultron Prime, but they may.

I fully expect them to do absolutely nothing to address the way the server outage affected the PVE and PVP events that were running. What would they do? Some people were allowed to compete, to score, to shield and others were allowed to do nothing but look at the "Dark Reign" story mode...