Please compensate us with all 3 SW covers for the downtime

Options
Inarius
Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
With only 3 hours to go (which are prob gone now) in the biggest event ever, the connection decides to take a vacation.

I would've taken the devs 5 minutes to write up a thread, informing us that there's a problem with the servers and is being taken care off.

This was supposed to be the final push, that one last hoorah before the next event, but even that was taken away from us.

I for one wasn't really part of a big alliance but we managed to down ultron enough times to reach the first icon_scarletwitch.png reward node...but alas, that will never happen now since the event is probably over.

I don't think I'm the only one in this type of situation as I imagine many other players were eager to amass as many ultron tokens from this event as possible.

This downtime will probably take quite a while, so completing icon_scarletwitch.png reward nodes has gone down the drain.

I kindly ask you, instead of giving 3 ultron tokens as a means of saying sorry for the downtime to please give icon_scarletwitch.png's covers (all 3 of them) to make it up for the downtime as she was basically the one most of us were aiming for.

Comments

• I said one of every 3 star character (with all colors), in another post (tongue-in-cheek, one can hope right). But this seems much more reasonable.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    How about we just ask to have the event time extended? Less asking for free stuff, and more sensible and fair solutions. =)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be totally okay with extending the event time.
  • Bvwalker1
    Bvwalker1 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Our alliance needed this evening to get to the next round for a cover, but the servers were down for the last 4 hrs. Would be nice if you guys would extend it for 1 more day to make up for the lost time. A lot of people put a lot of time into this and were very disappointed and frustrated with the connection issue. I'm sure there are many others in the same boat. This app is technically free, but I believe just about everyone of us have spent real money on things in this game for either our own benefit or to support the developers.

Thank you
  • Bvwalker1
    Bvwalker1 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Our alliance needed this evening to get to the next round for a cover, but the servers were down for the last 4 hrs. Would be nice if you guys would extend it for 1 more day to make up for the lost time. A lot of people put a lot of time into this and were very disappointed and frustrated with the connection issue. I'm sure there are many others in the same boat. This app is technically free, but I believe just about everyone of us have spent real money on things in this game for either our own benefit or to support the developers.

Thank you
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wirius wrote:
    How about we just ask to have the event time extended? Less asking for free stuff, and more sensible and fair solutions. =)

I'd be perfectly fine with that, but at this point it would almost have to be 24 hrs as many people have given up and went to bed (time zone dependent). I think it would be reasonable to give out one SW and one QS cover if they can't/won't extend the event because that's basically what almost everyone is missing out on through progression/alliance rewards. Maybe tack on at least 3 event tokens just to apologize for the problems. Asking for 3 SW covers is pretty much just asking for free stuff though.
  • wirius wrote:

Which event? These issues have affected several PVPs and PVEs. I missed out on an LCap red in Friday's PVP because I couldn't get in to play and now I can't get into play Heroic Oscorp and secure the final progression reward (also LCap red). These connection problems aren't just about the Ultron event and SW covers.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Guys guys guys. Ultron can build and control armies of drones and sentries.He is the ultimate AI.

Did you guys REALLY think d3's servers were safe from Ultron's influence? He's been toying with us this whole time. icon_lol.gif

...but no seriously, my alliance just downed round 8 during a brief period when the servers were back up an hour ago. Only the ultron prime node never opened and now the servers went back down again. sigh. icon_e_sad.gif
  • That surely would be awesome but we'll end up with some kind of event tokens instead. Can't hurt for asking though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about we give you three CHANCES to win SW covers? Pretty sweet
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    schwizzle wrote:
    I said one of every 3 star character (with all colors), in another post (tongue-in-cheek, one can hope right). But this seems much more reasonable.
    that would prob be asking for too much, this way it's a win-win situation, with the ones who only have one cover for her or none at all will now have 1/1/1 while the ones who already downed the final node will be at 2/2/2 (extra tokens not included)
  • Inarius wrote:
    schwizzle wrote:
    I said one of every 3 star character (with all colors), in another post (tongue-in-cheek, one can hope right). But this seems much more reasonable.
    that would prob be asking for too much, this way it's a win-win situation, with the ones who only have one cover for her or none at all will now have 1/1/1 while the ones who already downed the final node will be at 2/2/2 (extra tokens not included)

Definitely, Scarlet Witch would be great. Would never really expect D3 to give us a copy of each 3 star. Would be freaking epic though.

Yes, I used the word "would" a lot icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Honestly asking for all 3 SWitch covers is greedy. I can see giving the next one that your alliance was going to attain.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think this seems to be just fantasy talk. This will never, ever happen.

That said, I will accept all 3 hulkbuster covers instead. Hey, if you are going to dream, dream really big.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "The game was inaccessible for less than 15% of the event! Give us a 100% of the rewards!"

People often accuse demiurge of being greedy, but in truth, no one can be more greedy than the players.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hrm. Would they even be able, at this point, to take the event and flip the switch for another day now that it's concluded?
  • What's with all these smug talk about finishing this event earlier? If guys talking like that actually mattered the server would never have been crushed in the first place since people who finished earlier would naturally have no reason to be hammering the server at the end. There is overwhelming proof that people who are negatively impacted by the server outage is very large since it takes a significant portion, if not the majority, of the players to bring the server to its knees like that.

Asking for 3 covers is crazy talk, but so is having the last 5 or so hours of the biggest event you're trying to promote not being accessible to a significant portion of the total population. But I can tell you what won't work is if they offered 2 Avengers versus Ultron token and expect that to be enough.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    What's with all these smug talk about finishing this event earlier? If guys talking like that actually mattered the server would never have been crushed in the first place since people who finished earlier would naturally have no reason to be hammering the server at the end. There is overwhelming proof that people who are negatively impacted by the server outage is very large since it takes a significant portion, if not the majority, of the players to bring the server to its knees like that.

Asking for 3 covers is crazy talk, but so is having the last 5 or so hours of the biggest event you're trying to promote not being accessible to a significant portion of the total population. But I can tell you what won't work is if they offered 2 Avengers versus Ultron token and expect that to be enough.

We grind away our lives playing MPQ. We post on here like we think our opinions matter to the developers.

If that is not certifiable, what is?
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Lol yup, I had at least 2 Scarlet Witch and 1 more quicksilver just waiting to be nabbed by me. Let's see what I get! This is like playing a slot machine WOOOOOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!; ROFL

• We grind away our lives playing MPQ. We post on here like we think our opinions matter to the developers.

If that is not certifiable, what is?

What bothers the hardcore usually does not mean much to the majority of the players, so the devs are correct to ignore most of what we post as just crazy talk. But what affects the majority can also affect the hardcore, which I think is definitely true in this case.

If anything, this time the role is reversed. Usually the guys who have grievances with the game are the one you don't care about. This time, it's the guys who don't have a problem with the outage are the guys you don't care about, because if they amount to any significant portion of the population then the server outage would never have happened. The fact the server crashed horribly shows there must be a majority that cares enough about this issue to crash the server in the first place. In fact it's probably more than a majority in the usual sense, as the normal peak for players is not able to crash the server like this.