Post-nerf satire

Options
2»

Comments

• Blue Shoes wrote:
    IronyMan wrote:
    It kinda takes away from the subtlety of the satire if you explain that it's satire in the title.. It's like yelling to everyone "Look how clever and sarcastic I'm being!"

Only you can make this comment. Well done.

LOL. Great spot, Blue Shoes!

And, yes. I stuck "satire" in the title because 95% of the time people can't spot it on the internet, and I didn't want to troll inadvertently.

I'm just shocked that people still get outraged when overpowered builds get nerfed. I chucked tons of money at WoW over the years and these things happen and I never threw my toys out of the pram. Just play with fun characters you enjoy. If you're investing in a character just because they're imba, then you're a fool if you expect it to last. Just make the most of it while you can, and don't moan when it gets fixed and you can't abuse them any more. You already got plenty from it - if that's all that you care about.

Perhaps really I ought to be shocked that I still get shocked that people act like this. You'd've thought I'd've learnt by now. Oh well!
  • I spent real time and money investing in this character because it was overpowered. And I used this overpowered character to perform mindlessly better in various tournaments, from which I won various rewards. And now that it's not overpowered any more, I demand a full refund of hp/iso-8 so that I can invest in the current flavour of the month. Or else a full refund of my money: because by rebalancing this character (that I've used to win various rewards whilst it was overpowered) you have stolen from me!

Never in the history of online competitive games have overpowered abilities been nerfed like this! I am shocked that this has happened. In fact, I've just had to invent the word 'nerf' because this very concept is so unfamiliar to me!

I hope the devs that never listen to us rot in heck. Do you hear me, devs?

this isn't satire it's a poor excuse for sarcasm
  • And, yes. I stuck "satire" in the title because 95% of the time people can't spot it on the internet, and I didn't want to troll inadvertently.

Yea, it is better to make it clear.

It is. See my previous post.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2864#p43618
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    And, yes. I stuck "satire" in the title because 95% of the time people can't spot it on the internet, and I didn't want to troll inadvertently.

Yea, it is better to make it clear.

It is. See my previous post.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2864#p43618

I disagree icon_e_smile.gif

sar·casm
    ˈsärˌkazəm/
    noun
    noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; More
    irony;
    cynicism
    "well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

Origin

sat·ire
    ˈsaˌtīr/
    noun
    noun: satire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature; More

Either way it is a poor attempt at either I think we can agree on that ;P