[Poll] When will Arcane Incantation get nerfed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    also if next to a pink tile can turn the pink tile pink... not OP
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure they knew how this mechanic was going to work because they basically took it from Beast's Blue. We complained Beast's blue would explode and match itself, so they took our complaints and made a semi useful ability for SW by feeding her or the team pink. Yet we're still complaining. Sure there's a video, I haven't seen it yet, but you can make a video of any character doing crazy damage with the right board and AP.

Not many of us have a workable Professor X yet and she is too unreliable to match 5 with a CD. I wouldn't pair her with 2* Hawkeye over MNMag. The enemy always has a tendency to match our CD's, so you may only see her CD go off like twice a match. I doubt she'll be used all that much and will sit on the sidelines next to QS wondering why they can't be as powerful as their Father.
  • Not on the OP side but working with the hood could be fun for wanda. He gets better at stealing with more purples on the board and she generates more purples (unless she matches them herself which is even better than waiting for hood to steal them) intimidation can speed that up even more and sounds like a reasonable synergy.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    So she's very powerful with a maxxed out 4*. Turns out a lot of people are powerful with said 4*. These nerf chants keep avoiding the elephant in the room...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options

Not many of us have a workable Professor X yet and she is too unreliable to match 5 with a CD. I wouldn't pair her with 2* Hawkeye over MNMag. The enemy always has a tendency to match our CD's, so you may only see her CD go off like twice a match. I doubt she'll be used all that much and will sit on the sidelines next to QS wondering why they can't be as powerful as their Father.

I have noticed that the AI seems to prioritize matching Wanda's CD tile. I've cleared a full round of ultron nodes already, but have yet to have her tile spam pinks. icon_cry.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Not on the OP side but working with the hood could be fun for wanda. He gets better at stealing with more purples on the board and she generates more purples (unless she matches them herself which is even better than waiting for hood to steal them) intimidation can speed that up even more and sounds like a reasonable synergy.

I think the best team for Wanda is actually with deadpool-hood. Hood, as you noted, will reduce count down timer by one with his intimidation, and the purples can feed DP's whale. The primary issue with this team up is a lack of health. Unless you get lucky w/ a board full of reds and pinks, it will hard for this team to win matchups against the heavy hitters in pvp (i.e. lthor, xf, gt, etc.).
  • Having played with Scarlet Witch a few times now, I don't think Arcane Incantation is that OP. The CD didn't resolve for me a big portion of the time. Granted, this only delays the purple storm, but it's clearly manageable.

Nerf not needed.
  • puppychow wrote:
    Not on the OP side but working with the hood could be fun for wanda. He gets better at stealing with more purples on the board and she generates more purples (unless she matches them herself which is even better than waiting for hood to steal them) intimidation can speed that up even more and sounds like a reasonable synergy.

I think the best team for Wanda is actually with deadpool-hood. Hood, as you noted, will reduce count down timer by one with his intimidation, and the purples can feed DP's whale. The primary issue with this team up is a lack of health. Unless you get lucky w/ a board full of reds and pinks, it will hard for this team to win matchups against the heavy hitters in pvp (i.e. lthor, xf, gt, etc.).
    Kingpin solves all problems. With a finger.
  • My CD also just created itself into a match 3. Ability is completely fine as is.