Hey D3, this was not a coop event.

Options
13»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,026 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mrx0 wrote:
    The thing is not everyone can get a million points. Sure some some alliances can but there are some alliances that cant make it through round 6 and get at least 1 scarlet witch.
    I see the progression points as an incentive, you contribute more you get awarded with additional covers.
    If you got all three scarlet witch covers, be happy.

If not everyone can get 1M points, then some in the alliance will have to get more. Creating the event so that only a portion of the alliance can get the final progression makes the incentive a stick rather than a carrot. If you are in a strong alliance you better get there first. I'm not sure why people are trying to argue that's a good thing. icon_e_confused.gif

ETA: I'd love to see them add life to ultron in the first 3-4 rounds. Some of our members didn't even get to play those rounds we burned through them so fast. And lowering the barrier for completing round 6 so that more alliances can have a shot to get at least one cover wouldn't be a bad thing either. I'm not sure why we can't band together and argue with D3 for things that improve the game for everyone rather than bicker amongst ourselves.

the progression rewards

250,000 1 cover
    500,000 2nd cover
    1 million 3rd cover

instead of 500,000 start. if you dont have maxed out 3 stars your never going to make it.. OR LOWER THE FREAKING AI LEVELS. some teams are like we can wipe out the boss when he has 15 to 18k very easy and they have a okay time taking him down at 25k. While the people who have an okay at 15 have no chance at 25 so they never gain points after the 4 or 5th round.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options
    Our alliance finished very quickly due to some top-tier PVE grinding veterans bringing their "A" game - but us PVP muscle-heads tended to lag behind a bit. Our top guys slowed down at the end to allow those of us that were lagging a bit behind them to catch up to get at least 2 of those QS covers before the event ended. I'm happy with that in the end, but having the event needlessly close seems to invoke unnecessary intra-alliance competition - ours handled it professionally - other alliances with less amiable personalities may head down a path of implosion if this isn't discussed ahead of time or addressed by the devs. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up, I was feeling it but hadn't been compelled to write it down - well done.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A lot of folks mentioned it isn't a big deal because it was only Quicksilver, but how do you think it is going to go down if it is Scarlet Witch next event? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was screwed too. In EU, event started at 06.00 PM and was unplayable due to server problems. Then there was a night. My FIRST game was when my alliance was starting round 4 !
    Btw, we are done, and I have 920.000 points.
    Of course Im angry !