Has any alliance cleared ultron?

chaos01
chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
My alliance is pretty casual and is mostly through round 5. Have any of the more intense alliances cleared the event yet?

Comments

• orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    We have roughly 3M left on Ultron8. We'll probably be done later this evening.

We are slowing down a bit to spread out the points so more of our players can hit the 1M progression mark.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    It's been rumored that folks can still get points even when Ultron is downed, so need to slow down since people should be able to continue to clear essentials and fight ultron even when his health is at zero.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    orionpeace wrote:

We are slowing down a bit to spread out the points so more of our players can hit the 1M progression mark.

Awesome. Good for you guys.
  • orionpeace wrote:

Those of us who just cleared the 750k mark appreciate it, trust me.
  • Hit round 8 a couple hours ago - not deep into his health pool yet, but, shouldnt take but today.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    We just cleared round 8 and THE MAIN SUB DISAPPEARS! BE WARNED!

We're hoping it comes back at the hard refresh...or else I and others are screwed, I have 995k points...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:

We're hoping it comes back at the hard refresh...or else I and others are screwed, I have 995k points...
    Send in a ticket that sucks!!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Ludaa wrote:

Thanks for the warning. You may have saved a lot of us some grief. Hope D3 gives you some consideration.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Ludaa wrote:

Thank you for the confirmation, we have been stopping people at 1 million just in case this happened.

Is there any chance you could post your entire leaderboard so we can figure out how many people we can get to the million mark? Knowing exactly how many points are available would be a huge help.
  • Tacos are 2\3 through round 8. Health packs are slowing us down a bit right now. Those sentry nodes can easily cost u 2 packs per fight in round 8.

marc
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lost ghosts are 1/2 through round 8. Has anyone confirmed whether there is a round 9 that will allow the bottom half of the leader board to complete the 1M progression award?
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Skrull is nearly 1/2 in round 8. Few of us got 1m and stopped to give other chance to get their progression
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    My Alliance finished this morning. There's no post-clear event; once 8th round is clear, all that's left is the Ultron Prime round. If you can, slow down your alliance's top players to make room for the bottom half. We'll know better for next time.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    djsquillz wrote:
    Tacos are 2\3 through round 8. Health packs are slowing us down a bit right now. Those sentry nodes can easily cost u 2 packs per fight in round 8.

marc
    Bring Luke Cage if you got him. He reduces a lot of the damage to 1 point tickles.
  • Cage is the bomb. I used him and kamala on every round. Save up green and nuke down the second wave no sweat.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smaller alliances have no prayer at getting to round 8, even with 16 people going at it when they can, others who can't defeat a sub don't bother even trying, we are only at round 5 with 600k hp left to go.. 5 or 6 of us doing most of the heavy lifting. No scarlet witch, so 2nd event is going to be pointless, i think we have 1 in the whole alliance, on a semi-daily player, at this point (and yes, we are all scoring nice 3*'s etc off ultron tokens, but no witch).
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Smaller alliances have no prayer at getting to round 8, even with 16 people going at it when they can, others who can't defeat a sub don't bother even trying, we are only at round 5 with 600k hp left to go.. 5 or 6 of us doing most of the heavy lifting. No scarlet witch, so 2nd event is going to be pointless, i think we have 1 in the whole alliance, on a semi-daily player, at this point (and yes, we are all scoring nice 3*'s etc off ultron tokens, but no witch).

Same here, but our group is even more casual. We had a zero or two in our top 10. I'm hoping I'll at least make it through the progression rewards, but I can't see us getting to any of the SW nodes as we're barely going to clear round 4 today.
  • Malcrof wrote:

Same boat here. My alliance is pretty casual, with me being the most active. We're nearly 3/4 of the way through phase 5, with me and four others doing the bulk. For phase 5, I've more than doubled the #2 player's progress, and overall, I'm around double #2.

None of us have SW, and I've been getting hosed with the event tokens (a squirrel girl green, and nine 2 stars), so we'll have no hope of doing the next iteration of the event.

A lot of my alliance was unable to get into the event Friday. (I could, my wife could not), so we lost a bit of progress.

Round 1-3, I thought "there's no way this was balanced to a 20 person alliance. We're steamrolling!" then round 4 hit, and I thought "oh. There it is."
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    My alliance is casual and we just hit 10 players for Round 4, but really starting to lag. We'll possibly hit Stage 5, but that's definitely the furthest we'll get. To my knowledge, no one has a SW, and I'm holding out hope for the last one or two Ultron Pack coins I'll see before the event is over...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taganov wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Same here, but our group is even more casual. We had a zero or two in our top 10. I'm hoping I'll at least make it through the progression rewards, but I can't see us getting to any of the SW nodes as we're barely going to clear round 4 today.

I just got the 750k progression (QS Blue), and honestly, only 1 other person is within 100k of the first QS cover. I would have my million points if not for all the 0 points 0 rewards bugs, but at least it shows his health down.