Do you think the ultron event type event be a one time thing

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,240 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I think this could be a very good way to bring 4 stars into the game. Someone like Kingpin could been in the middle and the outer rings could of been all GOONS. I hate to think this was a one shot deal.

Maybe keep the normal PVE for 3 stars and use the 4 stars for this type of PVE, but sadly i think this is a one time hit and will never been see again

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This event is a movie commercial. It may come back, or at least the concept of it might. But, in the larger Marvel movie mythos, Ultron is likely to be a flash in the pan.

If the character isn't recycled, I'm sure the concept will be.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the format has some merit. It almost certainly will need some kinks ironed out, but we won't see any big changes for the first rerun.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they fix the scaling, I wouldn't mind seeing it again. If they just roll it out again like this, no thanks.
  • slidecage
    Options
    little shocked they would spend tons of cash just for a 9 day event (unless the movie paid them to make it into the game)

ALSO they need bigger then a 12 hour cool down between the two events so teams can find new people who did not pull their weight in the first round
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    I think the format has some merit. It almost certainly will need some kinks ironed out, but we won't see any big changes for the first rerun.

It's been a really nice breath of fresh air, even if that breath has an inkling of chlorine gas in it. It's hella grindy right now (fighting Ultron 5) and the damage being done is disproportionately coming from our players with maxed 3* and 4* rosters. It'd be nice if they tweaked some of the stats for the Sentries a bit (maybe the special tile generation percentage and things like that), but I could easily see this type of event being used with other major introductions... Dr. Strange vs. Dormammu, Ghost Rider vs. Mephisto, Ant-Man vs. a can of Raid, etc.

It'd be nice if Commanders had a scrollable (or separate) Player Leaderboard so they could keep tabs on which alliance members aren't playing.

I'd play it again... and again, and again, and again. It's better than Oscorp: Heroic. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'll see the event next year: X-Men Vs Apocalypse
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope they run more events like this. Honestly it'd be awesome if all PvEs were some variation of this, I know it won't happen But a man can dream.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    If they fix the scaling, I wouldn't mind seeing it again. If they just roll it out again like this, no thanks.

That's about where I'm at. It is a different (and therefore interesting) PVE for now, but 24 hours in and the scaling has put me off of it.

I think they said they'll run it again right away after first run is over, for Hulkbuster 4* right? As much as I like HB, the 4* "progression" (hah) and this PVE/scaling grind has made me consider just skipping it already.

As with most of the PVE's, my guess is you'll see it so often you'll get sick of it soon enough. Probably in different forms, folks I've seen guessing Apocalypse vs. X-men will be coming eventually. (edit: like punisher, a few posts up)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    d0nk3y wrote:
    It'd be nice if Commanders had a scrollable (or separate) Player Leaderboard so they could keep tabs on which alliance members aren't playing.

Agree, commanders (and all) need a scrollable leaderboard. It's only 20 people, how much stress is that putting on their servers? Well, any stress might be to much...

But a question: what good would this do? If you have a long-time alliance all it does is put more peer pressure on those that might not have time. You can't kick anyone this event. I was commenting in-chat that I really hope for their health none of our players head to the hospital for an appendectomy today. But if they do: entire alliance is pretty SOL, right? I like the theoretical idea of not having alliance-hopping; but this may have gone a bit to far. Unless it is planned that alliances of 18 people can hit top rewards - right now it doesn't seem like it.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:

Agree, commanders (and all) need a scrollable leaderboard. It's only 20 people, how much stress is that putting on their servers? Well, any stress might be to much...

But a question: what good would this do? If you have a long-time alliance all it does is put more peer pressure on those that might not have time. You can't kick anyone this event. I was commenting in-chat that I really hope for their health none of our players head to the hospital for an appendectomy today. But if they do: entire alliance is pretty SOL, right? I like the theoretical idea of not having alliance-hopping; but this may have gone a bit to far. Unless it is planned that alliances of 18 people can hit top rewards - right now it doesn't seem like it.

Or infinite health, or a deep roster of 3*s, or a game that stays connected, or any idea wth is going on in general... yeah, I was excited at first, now I'm looking forward to being dumped by an alliance I just joined. Awesome.

DBC
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    playing 13 of 20 alliance members hoping i can get through it.
  • Don't think they would spend that long creating content just to bin it after a week.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Regardless of whether the specific mechanics of the Ultron event are optimal, I love the idea of having more true PVE options like Ultron and Gauntlet -- Player(s) Vs Event. Rather than majority of MPQ's recurring PVE's which are effectively PVP using a PVE scoring system.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprised nobody mentioned it's being ran back-to-back for Scarlett Witch into Iron Man/Hulkbuster yet, but outside of that, I doubt we'll really see it again ans it is, but I've really enjoyed it so far, so I hope we do, even if it is with a different label.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was excited at first, but it is actually more grindy than a normal pve. You fight the same Ultron up to 6 times in 8 hours. And then you have essentials against the same 3 types of sentries. That's it.

And now I am getting more and more annoyed with Ultron, considering in phase 7 his bombs do 3500/hit, and now match damage has been killing characters, too. Honestly, I am fine with the bombs, sorta, but the match damage should go away. Usually it is around 700 a pop, not to mention any cascade.

However, the reward system has been great, so I'm glad to see some change there.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    I was excited at first, but it is actually more grindy than a normal pve. You fight the same Ultron up to 6 times in 8 hours. And then you have essentials against the same 3 types of sentries. That's it.
    Yeah, I love the concept and overall design, but the boss battle lacks variety. It was definately fun for a good while (Round 5-6 at least), but I think Ultron's powers should progress a bit just to keep it fresh. More health, more damage, more clears required for each Round won't hold people's interest, I think.

Also, I see no reason for Ultron's Health bar to progress beyond what's is at in Round 5 or 6. Make him harder by changing up his powers, rather than further increasing the grind, and I think we're good.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    Yeah, I love the concept and overall design, but the boss battle lacks variety. It was definately fun for a good while (Round 5-6 at least), but I think Ultron's powers should progress a bit just to keep it fresh. More health, more damage, more clears required for each Round won't hold people's interest, I think.

Also, I see no reason for Ultron's Health bar to progress beyond what's is at in Round 5 or 6. Make him harder by changing up his powers and I think we're good.

They should make him have 30 million hp for round 9 (nothing opens up for beating round 9) this would just allow the rest of the people in the all. to have a chance to get the million pts needed to get the 3 covers.

Wasnt alking about bringing untron back just the PVE feaure you could always stick any person in the middle. the ranks do suck t hough i started at 45 to 55 now its 120 to 130 and my highest is 88
  • WillPower202
    WillPower202 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I vote for bringing it back soon!

Completely selfish motivation: I never joined an alliance before this. So I randomly joined 1 other person in order to play , thinking others would pile on.

So far the 2 of us have made it almost through round 3. Just finished all 5 node missions to get back after the big boss man, waiting around for the cool-down now and probably can't play again until tomorrow.

Completely my fault for not planning, but I'm hoping to avoid the consequences for my actions.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This event seems perfect for anniversary week, with scaling tweaked so that it's a token piñata.
  • no they repeat events one after another and this one is being replayed instantly for Hulkbuster