It's like Demiurge looked at the Teisetsu...

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Bring GSBW and Hulk. Wave 1, Hulk up front generating green with Anger. Wave 2, one Sniper Rifle takes the whole enemy team down to ~500 HP, kill at your leisure.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Bring GSBW and Hulk. Wave 1, Hulk up front generating green with Anger. Wave 2, one Sniper Rifle takes the whole enemy team down to ~500 HP, kill at your leisure.

Unless they have the fliers, where they regen the entire team 1K/turn.
  • I found out the hard way that Flyers use their real health to determine whether they want to heal or not, not the burst of health.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor

2-star land really needs another protect tile character besides Bullseye.

They have 2* CapAm who can make 3 protect tiles with 19 yellow AP lol
    Luke Cage is really the only Protect tile generator that wins vs. the Sentries even in 3* land, IMO. The fighers have such good board control that's is hard to take advantage of special tiles long enough to make a big difference. Cage doesn't care if you destroy his tile each turn.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Bring Cage, then I take out Green>Blue>Yellow sentries (Swarm sucks, crits I can prevent more easily). Depends on the node/wave, but I often have a yellow guy as the last one before the next wave, and I just max out my AP until I'm ready for the next wave (only taking -1 hits because of Cage). No rage quitting here, yet.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    and said "man, this is some GREAT tinykitty, but how can we get tinykitty than that? Hey, I know; let's create these sentries - we'll call them "Fighters" - and stack 'em three to a node. We'll give them a passive that spawns attack tiles and another that destroys tiles if there aren't enough attack tiles on the board, and we'll let ALL THREE OF THEM use both passives in the same turn and then let them take regular turns on top of that!"
    On top of that, they LOVE green AP. They can ALMOST miss a match-4 just to get the green match-3, I swear.
  • This event seems to exist to make protect tiles useful and since Luke Cage's protect tile is way overpowered compared to other protect tiles (which doesn't normally mean anything) he's of course the MVP in this event. Kamala Khan would do pretty well too though I don't want to spend iso 8 on leveling her up knowing it'd be cheaper soon.

I don't mind if this is the direction they're going but it's going to be pretty annoying to keep characters speced a certain way for certain formats. I just think it's odd that we're used to building characters that deal with guys that do 5 digit damage and now this event we literally have guys doing the equilvaent of 10 moves at 100 damage each per turn.

• And if nothing else, there's always Patch-Loki.

This works really really well. Patch soaks early damage, loki steals ap with all the 4 and 5 matches they make. Patch green into loki black and you're only taking 2-5 damage a turn (depending on cascades) the rest of the way while hammering the other team.
  • I always focus them in this order Gunner>Fighter>Flyer because Gunners can quickly get out of control. Ideally, you want to keep 4-6 enemy tiles so don't match them early on or the Fighters will do their thing. Thankfully, their level is not high at the moment (100-140) so the damage isn't annoying. If someone has trouble with match/ability damage, Cage cancels almost all of it with the exception of critical tiles. I have used several teams. Even Patch/Doom did the trick and my Doom is only 106. XF/LThor and BP/LCap also worked fine. For the Ultron node I usually take XF/Hulk/LCap and let Hulk get the hits from the drops/bombs.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    While the Sentries can be a pain to fight, I find it encouraging that players are reporting a decent variety of characters they've been able to play effectively against the Sentries.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    metabelian wrote:

And if nothing else, there's always Patch-Loki.

This works really really well. Patch soaks early damage, loki steals ap with all the 4 and 5 matches they make. Patch green into loki black and you're only taking 2-5 damage a turn (depending on cascades) the rest of the way while hammering the other team.

didn't work for me. Patch never got enough yellows on the board to heal and the gunners in wave two immediately spammed Core **** You.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    did anybody else laugh in the video when they said be careful and watch your cascades. it is not our cascades we need to watch with them molesting the board almost everyturn lol
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Been rocking Blade + Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl has been amazing in this for me. She's currently speced at 4/5/4 (all from random pulls mind you...) and her purple is so good in this mode. If Blade can't get Thirst rolling, I just keep the purple saved up and just start one-shotting people with deez NUTS FROM ABOVE!!!!

Note: It's pretty awesome to do on the Ultron Prime nodes too XD
  • The Ultron Sentries makes scaling a huge factor because it should be obvious that those guys really beat you up if they have any level advantage, and whether you'll have a level advantage compared to them entirely depends on what scaling happens to be at the moment. Unlike normal scaling issues all the Sentries moves are passive so most of the normal prevention methods do not work. They really should have a difficulty selector where you get to pick in 30-50 level increments the level of the Sentries and that also determines how much damage you can do to Ultron, versus the existing system of randomly giving you a number as your opponent's level and hope it somehow makes sense.
  • The funny thing to me is, dealing with the sentries I don't even want to bring featured Avengers! Spiderman is great, She-Hulk can help manage all their specials, Magneto yellow, etc etc.

I've been taking the 1 essential plus 2 others and picking them based on utility over damage, which I think is cool.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Lost way too many matches due to a crazy Swarm cascade followed by unpreventable Gunner crits cascades the next turn. First or second turn 20 tile cascades which would normally be a bad time turn into a game over really quickly. It doesn't feel like skill because there's really nothing I could have done to prevent it that early in. Further, with the Swarm, they just happen way more often. It's like Demiurge looked at IF, Teiatsu and designed to combine them with crit generating machines.

Demiurge should slightly weaken the Gunners to create single crits instead of 2. Then it might be manageable.

Instead, I get numerous crits dropping into triple resolutions and causing tons of other attacks with ridiculous number of strike tiles out. Sometimes it's not remotely fair.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    It's simpler than that.
    Demiurge looks at how nobody leveled Doc Ock and asked...'what type of battle would force people to finally level this guy?'

Here we are.

Seriously...anyone who hasn't tried him for these survival nodes or ESPECIALLY ultron prime nodes are missing out. His passive black wins the game. If you get his blue to go off then it's a bonus but getting 11 blue won't happen every time. For best effect combine him with Iron Fist to generate more black tiles. Finish the team with either Luke Cage or a True healer to reduce damage/tank OR live a bit more dangerously and go Falcon/Xavier for speed.

Doc Ock = MVP
  • DFiPL wrote:
    didn't work for me. Patch never got enough yellows on the board to heal and the gunners in wave two immediately spammed Core tinykitty You.
    Here is your problem then, 5th yellowflag.png cover always heals. Ive been using Patch + LDaken on every fight, from Ultron to Prime and all sentry nodes.
  • Admittedly, I have been using Doc Ock, Daredevil and Squirrel Girl more this event. Eg, not 0. Iron Fist seems significantly weaker in this event and definitely requires more healing between matches.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    ShionSinX wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    didn't work for me. Patch never got enough yellows on the board to heal and the gunners in wave two immediately spammed Core tinykitty You.
    Here is your problem then, 5th yellowflag.png cover always heals. Ive been using Patch + LDaken on every fight, from Ultron to Prime and all sentry nodes.
    that 5th yellowflag.png is definitely a game changer.