Ultron Reward Pack Daily Deal worth it?

AnonymousMPQ
AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wondering everyones' thoughts on if it's worth buying this every day or at all.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    It's 50 HP for something that's normally worth 200-500. Yeah, it's worth it, especially with the rewards being offered. Yeah, the likelihood of getting them is still small, but better odds than normal, and better prizes. It's like the anniversary event.
  • Depends on what you are looking for. Chance at 1 or more SW covers for 5 (an event's worth) at 250 HP is only 18.4%. 18.4% of 1250 is 230 HP so... not really worth it there. If you will accept any random 3* tho (as in, you need a lot of covers) chance of drawing at least 1 in 5 shots is actually 71%. In that sense you should get a discount 3* somewhere.

If you are like me, and need very very few 3* covers, probably not worth it. If you have many level 120 3*s on your roster with 10 covers, probably is worth it.
  • 50 HP for an Ares or Dakan Cover...i'll pass

marc
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Depends on what you are looking for. Chance at 1 or more SW covers for 5 (an event's worth) at 250 HP is only 18.4%. 18.4% of 1250 is 230 HP so... not really worth it there. If you will accept any random 3* tho (as in, you need a lot of covers) chance of drawing at least 1 in 5 shots is actually 71%. In that sense you should get a discount 3* somewhere.

If you are like me, and need very very few 3* covers, probably not worth it. If you have many level 120 3*s on your roster with 10 covers, probably is worth it.
    Its not only SW, you can get up to 2900 HP. And you can get much more than 50HP a day ON the event itself.

I bough it today, and gave me a redflag.png Cyke. Not only the cover costs 1250, but 50 HP was less than one 3h shield on PvP.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    50HP Tokens are always worth it. Where else can you spend 50HP at a chance for these kind of rewards? Mine bagged me a blue Scarlet Witch. I was one of the first guys to have her.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Depends on what you are looking for. Chance at 1 or more SW covers for 5 (an event's worth) at 250 HP is only 18.4%. 18.4% of 1250 is 230 HP so... not really worth it there. If you will accept any random 3* tho (as in, you need a lot of covers) chance of drawing at least 1 in 5 shots is actually 71%. In that sense you should get a discount 3* somewhere.

Its not only SW, you can get up to 2900 HP. And you can get much more than 50HP a day ON the event itself.

I bough it today, and gave me a redflag.png Cyke. Not only the cover costs 1250, but 50 HP was less than one 3h shield on PvP.

Those chances are so negligible as to be hardly worth mentioning. They are lottery winner prizes. .6% x 600 HP means the token would have to cost 3.6 HP to have +EV. A bad bet. .2% x 2900 HP means the token would have to cost 5.8 to have +EV. Also a bad bet.

If we ignore the ISO prizes (as kind of bonus, I would take either as a win), and take everything else at face purchase value then you have 2900 HP, 600 HP, 7x 2500 HP (4* covers), 21x 1250 HP (3* covers), and 13x 500 HP (2* covers) makes up 100% of the prize pool. In this sense the token has a minimum of a 10:1 return because you pull at least a 2* cover. If you need a bunch of 2* covers it's an insane value.

Your personal Expected Value depends on how much of the prize table is worthless to you. Say you are a 2-3* transition player. No value for 2* covers but any 3* useful. If you chop out all the 2* covers you have 74.7% of the odds being failure, and 25.3% of the odds being success (3 to 1) at a minimum value of 600 HP for 50 HP (12 to 1). +EV here, go ahead and buy your tokens.

If you really only want like 6 or 7 of the offered 4*s and Scarlet Witch (because you have IW, XF, Thor already and some maxed colors on others), and all other prizes would be considered fail tokens, then your EV is basically even. If you want to play the lotto buy a token, if not, then don't.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Hmm I think it's worth it just becuase you can gain at least 50 HP from the ultron nodes themselves. so unless you really are saving your HP up, I think it's worth it
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering 25 HP rewards are getting sprinkled about like confetti I have no problem using some of that on the 50 HP daily deal.

I mean, I've pulled four 3* characters from 9 total tokens so far (including the 50 HP spend). If the game wants to keep up that rate, sure, I'll drop 50 HP/day on that token.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    To me, yes it's definitely worth buying at 50hp. If the cost is let's say 200 hp, then I would pass.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    took a chance and bought the daily deal token, got prof x's purpleflag.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I just got a blueflag.png SW from the event token. I ll take it as "worth a shot".
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's worth it. So far I've only gotten 2* stuff, but... *shrug*. HP is flowing like candy in this PvE, so it's not as though you'd be losing out on much. And the chance to get a 3* cover for such a low price is pretty tempting. icon_e_smile.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the price of 50 HP is low enough for me to try my luck every day. It is really buying a chance for something good.. Though most of the time it will not be worth it.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    50 HP for an Ares or Dakan Cover...i'll pass

marc

But 50 HP for a Moonstone cover? Bargain. They're collectable, you know, practically no-one has one.
  • one thing though. you'd probably be better off waiting until the 2nd run of the Ultron event after this. that way maybe the Hulkbuster IM will be in them. if you're gonna blow a bunch of hp on tokens might as well wait til he's in em. (which might not even happen, but you get what I mean.)
  • one thing though. you'd probably be better off waiting until the 2nd run of the Ultron event after this. that way maybe the Hulkbuster IM will be in them. if you're gonna blow a bunch of hp on tokens might as well wait til he's in em. (which might not even happen, but you get what I mean.)

I doubt they will carry over. The Rocket and Groot ones didn't when they ran that back to back.
  • Right. Hence the waiting.
  • Although I'm a little nervous to blow HP in any amount, it seems that many have found pretty good success in cashing in on Ultron Packs. I think you just need to assess your situation and see how much HP you're willing to spend. I'm personally looking at 500 -1k HP depending and hopefully, on landing a SW. The faster I pull one out the better because I still gotta spend an additional 850 HP on a new roster spot to recruit SW.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    50HP Tokens are always worth it. Where else can you spend 50HP at a chance for these kind of rewards? Mine bagged me a blue Scarlet Witch. I was one of the first guys to have her.
    Here as well. Actually a good deal if you're expecting to not be able to play the higher levels of the Ultron event to bag Wanda.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember during the Anniversary, I pulled like 10 3*'s, I didn't have roster slots for half of them! I hope I pulled about the same this event! So far pulled IF and Doom but out of 10 tokens.