Plagiarism is the greatest form of flattery

Options
Recently I've read some article about Capcom announces Ghostbusters Puzzle Fighter for iOS, out this June.
Seeing the game's screenshot, I see so many similarities of this game with Marvel Puzzle Quest.
Three people on 1 team, three special power each, the way the special power diplayed, it's totally a rip-off.

1479098_828766613876243_7571794576291050677_n.jpg

I think you should sue them. You'll make more money from that than from healthpack sales. May be. icon_neutral.gif

Source : http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/image.asp? ... 0677_n.jpg

Comments

• Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Is it a steam game? Could always use a new app anyway.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    Is it a steam game? Could always use a new app anyway.

No, it's a mobile game. For iOS only at the moment.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Oh, so I can't even get it, that's cool stuff.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure Ghostbusters is going to have a ton of exploitable characters the way Marvel does (or DC would), but hey, that's cool. Ish.

I guess.
  • Don't worry, a good 90% of the games are ripping off other games. There's really only a handful of unique freemium games with a zillion copies. I don't know if people buy other companies game code or if they get it some other way.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is that woman's **** out to fight ghost?!
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not sure. Might be OP. We'd better enjoy them before they get nerfed.
  • Why is that woman's **** out to fight ghost?!

Because the dude in front is in full on chainmail, so if they weren't she wouldn't be protected. Also some poor lighting choices.

Not that there is really a leg to stand on in terms of super hero costumes, but still. That artwork is straight up dumb.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    Oh, so I can't even get it, that's cool stuff.
    hulks can use smartphones, I saw it on TV stop making excuses
  • Berto_Y wrote:
    Recently I've read some article about Capcom announces Ghostbusters Puzzle Fighter for iOS, out this June.
    Seeing the game's screenshot, I see so many similarities of this game with Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    Three people on 1 team, three special power each, the way the special power diplayed, it's totally a rip-off.

I think you should sue them. You'll make more money from that than from healthpack sales. May be. icon_neutral.gif

Source : http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/image.asp? ... 0677_n.jpg
    no idea's original
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I succumb to them every time. Why should a ghost be any different?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To get a guaranteed install from me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:

To get a guaranteed install from me icon_e_smile.gif

Considering that it looks like the receptionist Janine you may want to reconsider that! icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The big question is, should I wait for this, or get into puzzles and dragons now?
  • Whub Whubz
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    The big question is, should I wait for this, or get into puzzles and dragons now?
    I'd try it out now, while waiting for MPQ to fix it's ****! (I enjoy it very much icon_razz.gif)
  • well if dont have funbalance behaviours im all in lol

But Plagiarism? You really think MPQ invented 3 match fighting games? seriously?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be fair this ultron mode of dropping bombed is very similar to bejewel butterflies mode. Basically butterflies dpop up from the bttom and every turn, they all fly up one tile. If any reach the top, you lose.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think they're onto something. Marvel should take the hint and make Flappy Modok.
  • Yeahhhhh...there's literally hundreds of match 3 games out there right now. Many of which were around before this. and yes, many of them with similar "rpg" mechanics too.