Still Sour

Options
2»

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    Devs: "We reduced Wolverine's Green to 40% of its original strength and took away some AP Gain on his Black skill."

Players: "Don't you think that might've been a bit heavy-handed?" (Among other comments)

Devs: "Wolverine was too strong, so we made him a bit weaker."

Players: "We think he's a bit too weak now..."

Devs: "Wolverine was too strong, so we made him a bit weaker."
    Don't worry, that's among the other dozen things that DDQ doesn't actually address, but will somehow fix
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Well, the alliance is about halfway through round 5 of the first run on Ultron. It is pretty fun, although I wonder if the later rounds might be painful. The Ultron fights all seem very long at this point. Hard to fit into a short playing session.

Still turned off from ever spending again. A mostly good PVE event does not mitigate the past changes.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    Look, I love playing this game. It's been a source of great happiness over the past year, and I've put money into it a bunch of times to support the developers.

So this new Ultron PVE is announced, and it sounds like a grand old time.

I would LOVE to just drop a Stark salary buying a Hulkbuster when he comes out. There's a part of my brain that's just screaming to do it.

And yet... there's that last 2 months of changes still sitting there. There's the fact that rather than come out and address the community about the changes, and maybe tone back some of the bigger nerfs after hearing feedback, the devs have decided to just ignore it in the hopes it will go away.

Kudos on making a new mode that looks very fun, devs. I could nitpick (QS necessary on 2 nodes and such), but I'm sure it will be great overall, so congrats on that.

It doesn't change the fact that the last 2 months of changes happened, and it doesn't change the fact that I've lost any desire to spend money on the game. Like I said, I'd really love to just drop 100 dollars on maxing out a Hulkbuster if only for the coolness of the character. But knowing that if he's any good he'll always face the specter of being nerfed to near-unusable levels at a whim just kills it for me. The last 2 months of changes have eroded my trust in the developers to the point that I'm not sure they can ever win it back.

If you cannot tell that the creation of this "very fun" new mode consumed all the devs' time, who had the hard deadline of the movie release and that's why they couldn't spare time to come sit around while a bunch of angry people spouted bile at them, I don't know what to tell you.

Perhaps you skipped over, what I believe was, the most important part of the OPs post:

"It doesn't change the fact that the last 2 months of changes happened, and it doesn't change the fact that I've lost any desire to spend money on the game. Like I said, I'd really love to just drop 100 dollars on maxing out a Hulkbuster if only for the coolness of the character. But knowing that if he's any good he'll always face the specter of being nerfed to near-unusable levels at a whim just kills it for me. The last 2 months of changes have eroded my trust in the developers to the point that I'm not sure they can ever win it back."

You are right, I skipped over it because it was such a petty thing that I hardly thought of giving it importance. Didn't we have enough, much, much more than enough whining and hateful threads during the past two weeks? Why do you feel the need to go: "Hey yeah, this new stuff is cool and all buuuuuuut let's just keep going on and on about the stuff we didn't like in the past."?

Well, you know what? Let's do that. Let us review these two past months of pure suffering that these devious, diabolical developers have inflicted upon us and that we, poor devils us, apparently devoid of free will and self-control have no recourse but withstand, martyr-like, instead freaking quitting if we dislike it so much:

-Introduction of DDQ. A free 3* and around 5k Iso every day? Monsters!
    -Nerfings of winfinite and 4hor. Necessary. Overshot? Arguable, but that can be addressed in the future. The important thing was to remove exploitative/broken elements.
    -3 PVEs back to back. Unarguably too much. Very likely that Demiurge is not alone to blame, but also Marvel.
    -Increased rates of pulling 3*s from packs. Devil incarnates!
    -Nerf of X-Force. Overdue and necessary. Overshot? Less arguable than 4hor, but again, it can be fixed if necessary.
    -A bunch of bad characters are buffed, some of them to competitive levels. Machiavellian!
    -Slow evolution of MMR. Sure, it had a few rough patches in the necessary trial-and-error process but we have arrived at a fairer, more stable and somewhat more challenging (this is good in a game, didn't you know?) state.
    -The big health upgrade. Underused characters gain relevance and overused characters lose some. Diversity? More like di-evil-sity, am I right?
    -Avengers Vs Ultron. A completely new and challenging game mode with generous rewards. Diabolical!

So yeah, two months with a lot of ups, some downs (or more depending how invested you were in the previous status quo) but more importantly, the undeniable effort of hard-working developers trying to continuously improve the game. Mistakes may have been made but the good intentions are clear, and the overall effect is positive. And if you are on the camp that believes that "greed" is the motivation, allow me to ask you: Have you truly spent more money in the last two months than in the months prior?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Pylgrim, you keep saying things will be addressed in the future. The problem is that they never address them in a timely manner. There was an impending nerf for Cmags announced for almost a full year. Sentry went on being top dog by a looooong shot for months upon months, and then rather then spend that time making adjustments that kept him usable, they just decided to shaft anyone that invested in him.

Is DDQ good? Sure.
    Increased 3* rates? Great.
    The health upgrades? I actually don't mind them. It's the type of wide balance overhaul that can help shift the game.

So sure, they do some things that are good. But the things they do badly, they MISSSSSSSS hard on. And they do it again, and again, never learning. Then they come say they're listening. It gets tiring.