Are IF and KK added to second round of DDQ?

elvy75
elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
or we need to wait for everyone to rotate 3 times before adding them?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    My expectation is that they will be added after the third round of DDQ concludes in May. Not only would that let them start with their first colors while everybody else is also giving out their first colors, but by that point there will be exactly five new 3* characters that were not in the game when DDQ started (IF, Kamala, Quicksilver, SW and presumably Vision as the next 3* release post-Ultron) so they can just add a new block of five into the rotation instead of shuffling everybody up.
  • My expectation is that they will be added after the third round of DDQ concludes in May. Not only would that let them start with their first colors while everybody else is also giving out their first colors, but by that point there will be exactly five new 3* characters that were not in the game when DDQ started (IF, Kamala, Quicksilver, SW and presumably Vision as the next 3* release post-Ultron) so they can just add a new block of five into the rotation instead of shuffling everybody up.

There's a part of me that loved if they did that, because I could just unload all the relevant tokens that week, and then save them until that batch comes around again (which it should around 38 or 76 days later).

But don't forget Ragnarok who, despite being a launch character, still hasn't shown up.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    My expectation is that they will be added after the third round of DDQ concludes in May. Not only would that let them start with their first colors while everybody else is also giving out their first colors, but by that point there will be exactly five new 3* characters that were not in the game when DDQ started (IF, Kamala, Quicksilver, SW and presumably Vision as the next 3* release post-Ultron) so they can just add a new block of five into the rotation instead of shuffling everybody up.

As Ben alludes to, this would be a HORRIBLE idea for them. There are people (me too) seriously hording DPDQ tacos, and they would drop all of them that week. Its more likely they would shuffle them in for the fourth round so everyone is on their "first" cover reward at the same time.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    I suspect that the hiccup with stockpiled taco tokens last week resulted from a back-end change adding new characters to the ddq rotation.

To me that suggests that the new characters will show up sooner rather than later.

But this is pure speculation.
  • My expectation is that they will be added after the third round of DDQ concludes in May. Not only would that let them start with their first colors while everybody else is also giving out their first colors, but by that point there will be exactly five new 3* characters that were not in the game when DDQ started (IF, Kamala, Quicksilver, SW and presumably Vision as the next 3* release post-Ultron) so they can just add a new block of five into the rotation instead of shuffling everybody up.

Next round better be IM40 blueflag.png and Ragnarok, Iron Fist, Kamala Khan, and Quicksilver, either 1st or 2nd cover. If they skip back to C.Mags 3rd covers I will be unhappy.

There is no reason they can't start these new characters on cover 2 if that makes their lives easier for event layout or whatever. Also, since they skipped IF and Rags the first time, there is a convenient 4 person gap at the end here where only Ironman 40 needs his 2nd cover and then it's either on to new characters or 3rd covers.

If the problem is token hoarding that problem will only get WORSE if you hold out new characters for longer periods. If Iron Fist went in when we all thought he was going to, we'd all be 40 tokens lighter right now, instead of now having 60 plus the group of 10 to open for Fist-mas (if it is indeed Friday). If they wait a month, 6 more groups, or 30 more tokens, then we (who have been saving) will all have 110 tokens for new characters. Grouping them at all makes the problem worse. Put them in like the DAY after they are released, and anyone who had a top 150 finish will open their whole stash looking for covers. So you get 20-30 tokens (40 days time, split groups) going for the new shiny, so what? It's bound to happen.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    But don't forget Ragnarok who, despite being a launch character, still hasn't shown up.

Well, yeah, but on the other hand he (like quicksilver) can feel free to stay gone.
  • MarvelMan wrote:

As Ben alludes to, this would be a HORRIBLE idea for them. There are people (me too) seriously hording DPDQ tacos, and they would drop all of them that week. Its more likely they would shuffle them in for the fourth round so everyone is on their "first" cover reward at the same time.

There exists a real possibility they will take all the characters and shuffle them for the next pass though DDQ, and shuffle the new guys along with them, so they avoid exactly this. It's a terrible idea, but it might be their plan.

Mean time I will just keep stock piling until Iron Fist finally makes it into DDQ (or I pull a black cover from him from tokens).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they aren't in next week (end of round 2), I don't expect them to be in round three. I would hope they'd be in next week, it seems stingy to hoard everyone added in during a 90+ day rotation to the next rotation; I would think D3 would want their 2* transitioners to get going as soon as they can....

If they added five, they could put them all in at once and keep your token odds the same: even vs odd, so you can't hoard and hope that the other half of your tokens work for the same character as they rotate through. (That is, can't use Even for KK this time, add a few so KK shifts to odd draws and use odd for her next time).

I really, really doubt they have "here is all five new characters" on one week though. They did a good job spreading out the newer ones throughout current rotation (Cyc/Cage/Mystique/Ock/Colossus).
  • While is a bit shady that none of the latest characters are added (nor Rags as mentioned there, surely no one would bother for a top 5 pve if his blue were on DDQ) i'm really not bothered by it
    I mean you got to give them some slack, if they added rotation for 1000 characters and we will complain about latest ones not being there?
    I hope they do but if they don't because maybe they feel we need to fight for the latest (or buy covers, most probably of course), well for once i wouldnt complain about it
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Agent Alex wrote:
    While is a bit shady that none of the latest characters are added (nor Rags as mentioned there, surely no one would bother for a top 5 pve if his blue were on DDQ) i'm really not bothered by it
    I mean you got to give them some slack, if they added rotation for 1000 characters and we will complain about latest ones not being there?
    I hope they do but if they don't because maybe they feel we need to fight for the latest (or buy covers, most probably of course), well for once i wouldnt complain about it

Cyclops was introduced not much before IF, and yet its there, i think that QS is a bit too late to be added to rotation, but surely others are not
  • Thats why i said "a bit" shady
    Probably they want more ppl to buy IF purple or Rags blue (yeah sure someone will, but well)
    it does seem like they selected which to exclude, but again, even the in my balance its okay when you get to complete many others
  • I am of the belief that Rags and Fist will be in tomorrow but Khan and QS will wait for 35 more days.

Logic is that Fist was in the character pool at the start of rotation 2, while Khan and QS were not. I believe they lock in the rotation based on who exists at the start of the rotation.

Of course, I am usually wrong and have no inside knowledge, so take it for what it's worth
  • papa07 wrote:
    I am of the belief that Rags and Fist will be in tomorrow but Khan and QS will wait for 35 more days.

Logic is that Fist was in the character pool at the start of rotation 2, while Khan and QS were not. I believe they lock in the rotation based on who exists at the start of the rotation.

Of course, I am usually wrong and have no inside knowledge, so take it for what it's worth

As it was said, Cyclops was in, Rags could have been in too, but who knows their logic
    And why tomorrow? aren't we on the middle cover rotation? i'm expecting it moves to the 3rd colour soon

It would be nice if when it ends moves to 4* but i doubt it sinc eits all about 3* lol
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I think the smartest thing to do is just throw them in after a cycle. So IF IMO should be in this middle cover cycle. Then when 3rd cover cycle starts you can throw QS and KK in the mix. To me that makes the most sense, to force characters to wait 90+ days before 1st covers cycle through again would be dumb.

We are in 2nd cover rotation, any characters that have come out in 2nd cover rotation will not be in DPD until the 3rd cover rotation starts.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Do we have 100% confirmation that they will even run DDQ again once the first full rotation is done?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    Do we have 100% confirmation that they will even run DDQ again once the first full rotation is done?

We don't have 1% confirmation that the third cover comes next, or that any more of these run past next week. The devs have been oddly quiet on this entire event, since the very beginning.
  • I was opening old tacos earlier today from the ones that got split off in the Taco-packalyspe. Had 22, opened 4, got a green Iron Fist cover. Mine's already fully covered so it was useless to me, but he's definitely in some of the old tokens now.
  • Stay tuned tomorrow morning for the next update in the Events forum!
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    j12601 wrote:
    I was opening old tacos earlier today from the ones that got split off in the Taco-packalyspe. Had 22, opened 4, got a green Iron Fist cover. Mine's already fully covered so it was useless to me, but he's definitely in some of the old tokens now.
    They must have switched the characters on your old taco tokens a day early (hopefully) which means he'll show up in the packs tomorrow. Same thing happened to my wife with gsbw and ldaken.
    The full five characters to add at one doesn't make sense since I'm 99% positive that it was a clean switch between first cover and second cover. I think it was 2 days of the last 2 characters first cover followed by 3 characters second cover.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:

I believe that Kabir posted something on the MPQ subreddit to the effect of they weren't planning to make it go away.

Edit: Found the link here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/31tr2h/when_will_ddq_end/