Where's the Dev's?

I find it a bit odd that it seems like it's been over a week, according to the dated posts, where any Dev's have issued any kind of announcement, statement, or explanation for the current state of affairs, the upcoming Ultron event, or anything else.Granted they may be busy, need some downtime, or are otherwise occupied. What do you guys think?

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think nessie ate them
  • slidecage wrote:
    i think nessie ate them

I saw that on Google. What's that about anyway? Is it Nessie day or something?
  • most prob at their panic stations after the spate of retirements and refunds.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    We probably hurt their feelings with the "Quicksilver is so bad..." thread.
  • More likely they are getting ready for the Ultron PvE and C2E2.
  • I'd be willing to bet some HP (I only have 640 earned) that it's hush-hush because of the May Avengers release. Rumor 'round the campfire is something about Ultron and Hulkbuster Iron-Man character releases for some AOU event? That just a rumor? I didn't know.

Oh, and around the time for the movie release of CA: Civil War we are supposed to see a 3* Superior Spider-Man (Peter Parker) release for MPQ (*coughcough*). Well, a man can hope...
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    It takes time to nerf things, they can't spend all day only half-answering our questions!
  • I think they lost the flame-retardant suit made from Teflon to repel pitchforks. It's not safe out here for a dev without the proper protection.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    More likely they are getting ready for the Ultron PvE and C2E2.
    Pshaw, stop talking sense
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    We're probably going to see another video Q&A for April like March's, where they try and address the changes, is my guess.
  • its simple to me, they dont care. Imo, I think they feel the Marvel name is going to carry this game. I feel I got screwed on XF an their response was unapologetic an showed no interest in what I thought. To D3 players are an expendible commodity that can be replaced.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, and around the time for the movie release of CA: Civil War we are supposed to see a 3* Superior Spider-Man (Peter Parker) release for MPQ (*coughcough*). Well, a man can hope...

I hope not, that would be an abomination.

You can have Spider-man (Superior) or Superior Spider-man (Otto Octavius) but there was never a Superior Spidey who was Peter Parker.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Isn't this why they hired the "Community Relations Manager"?

Where is our voice of the people?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems someone forgot to hit the launch button for Season XIII event 9
  • Eddiemon wrote:

I hope not, that would be an abomination.

You can have Spider-man (Superior) or Superior Spider-man (Otto Octavius) but there was never a Superior Spidey who was Peter Parker.

Didn't peter become the "Superior" Spider-Man the moment Otto relinquished control? And also didn't Otto reference Peter as being "superior?" I'm taking a stretch with that, but technicalities can be thrown down that Peter was "Superior" briefly before he re-became "Amazing." I'm just trying to distinguish because MPQ already blew it with the "Amazing-ly Defensive" Spider-Man.

[**Oh, wait. I just caught what you said. For some reason it didn't click. All right. Spider-Man (Superior) works for me. I even made a character wishlist with movesets (it's got pictures and is very well organized: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2257&p=341044#p341044).]
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Lerysh wrote:
    More likely they are getting ready for the Ultron PvE and C2E2.

Yes, if only they had hired an individual whose main responsibilities include interacting with the community to relay feedback in both directions(and a large portion of the community exists on the forums). I suppose you could even call such a person a... "community manager"... Nah, not like they have one of those on staff.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the amount of coin they're raking in? I've got two words for you:

"Hookers" and "blow".
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    You know what, their very presence here is probably making the Forum a more negarive place. And they probably know it.

They've tried talking to us, but that just leads some people to scream at them and everyone else. I'd let some of the anger die down before trying to rengage if I were them. Otherwise, they're fueling the flames by just logging on.

We'll hear from them when Ultron launches.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Probably Deadpool showed up at Demiurge with all the retired whales...
  • Raffoon wrote:
    Yes, if only they had hired an individual whose main responsibilities include interacting with the community to relay feedback in both directions(and a large portion of the community exists on the forums). I suppose you could even call such a person a... "community manager"... Nah, not like they have one of those on staff.

That's basically the purpose of my post. Just a short acknowledgement to let us, "the community", know what's currently going on. I just feel that that's bad social, business skills in not being able to communicate in this manner. We may grumble, complain, rant, and b*tch, but we're here and are willing to stay the course and play on. Just give us some notice or info, that's all I'm saying.