My MPQ Roster (web based roster tracker)

Options
Cymmina
Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Do you hate Excel? Wow, me too! I decided to get off my **** and do something about it by making a less painful, more attractive way of editing and sharing roster information.

Presenting... My MPQ Roster!

Ok, maybe it's not very attractive right now, but that's easy to fix. I've been focusing primarily on getting it working and preventing it from doing evil things like deleting all of your data. The data is stored using your browser's localStorage, so there's nothing to sign up for. When you're ready to share it with someone, copy the URL in the permalink box (just note that the URL will be quite long if you have a lot of characters in your roster).

This is what my roster currently looks like (waiting for that lowered ISO cost for leveling to kick in on a few of my characters icon_razz.gif ).

Updates
  • 50% shorter URL for sharing roster information
  • Improved appearance (looks similar to in game roster)
  • Save button instead of autosaving
  • Improved permalink for better sharing (no longer requires refreshing the page multiple times)
  • Added Scarlet Witch (temporary cover for now)

Upcoming features
  • Multiple rosters
  • Better UI/design

Comments

• nebuchadneszzar
    nebuchadneszzar Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    thank! excellent!
  • monstermike
    Options
    Thanks great tool. Only thing I've noticed to fix is Doctor Doom.
    You have him going blueflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    When it should be blackflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png

Thanks a bunch though!
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Post removed.
  • monstermike
    Options
    Also, OP, you are missing LazyCap
  • Cymmina
    Options
    Thanks great tool. Only thing I've noticed to fix is Doctor Doom.
    You have him going blueflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    When it should be blackflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png

Fixed.
    Also, OP, you are missing LazyCap

And fixed.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are a God.
  • Good idea,

I have my roster on an Excel Spreadsheet just now also but this looks promising.

Thanks
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Lock and Load folks have one we're working on, perhaps it can help with this too? We incorporated MischiefMaker's tools into a normal roster sheet to make things a bit more automated. It's going to have be tweaked once these ISO changes go in, but if it helps, you're more than welcome to check it out :)

Link to our forum with original post.
    Before work gets too crazy today, liked I talked about in Line last night, here's a WORKING DRAFT of Salgy's Roster Google Doc with MischiefMaker's very helpful tools incorporated in. For the most part in the Roster tab, just update the grey cells and don't touch anything else. There's a bunch of formulas now working in the background.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This is a separate Template version I saved off, so edit/copy all you want as I have updated my Sig with my own version (View Only). With MM's departure, sad to see him go considering his Character Ranking work is the only reason why I even started playing more seriously, not knowing what characters did what and who was good was ridiculous and his data was an invaluable learning tool, he'll be missed for sure. He had a lot of other tools I didn't know about, so I put them in here.

This current version will:

- Calculate Soft Cap based on Covers
    - Calculate ISO needed to level to cap
    - Calculate DPDQ Days to earn the ISO (though, not sure on actual DPDQ daily gains... variable of 4500 is an estimate)
    - Calculate $$ amount needed
    - Includes MM's original ISO/Level calculators too
    - Includes MM's BuyBack data
    - Includes Roster Slot pricing (for next update, just reference for now)

When I get some time, I want to add the following:

- Show you next Roster Slot price
    - Add a new tab for Team Comp that looks at Tile Strength and calculates who tanks what based on position and level, but need to figure out the original first since I need to tweak it (lol)

Anyway, take a look, comment back (here or in Line), remember, this is a work in progress, so I'll probably be updating this post with an updated link when there's a new version.

Just noticed your roster spreadsheet. The extra information is a good idea. I like having access to the other resources like the iso calculator too.
    I wanted to set it up to auto-fill the iso amount to level up a character but never got around to it. Manually entering that info eventually just became easier for me.
    Only question is why you differentiate between rarity and star-level if you don't indicate which are gold versions?
  • Nice work, linking to this from my stickied thread so more people see it
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Excellent work, Cymmina! I'm tempted to use this over the template I use.

FYI Ragnarok's third color is incorrectly listed as yellowflag.png when it should be blueflag.png .
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Post deleted. Sorry!
  • Scoregasms
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Post removed.
  • Cymmina
    Options
    I do not appreciate this thread being derailed, this thread should only be for discussing the tool listed in the OP (bug reports, feature requests, or a show of appreciation if you feel inclined). If you would like to discuss someone else's tools, use the appropriate thread or private messages.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    Apologies, that wasn't the intent, more to give some extra tools out there that might be useful in your tool too, but I'll delete my posts to keep your thread on track.
  • Cymmina wrote:
    I do not appreciate this thread being derailed, this thread should only be for discussing the tool listed in the OP (bug reports, feature requests, or a show of appreciation if you feel inclined). If you would like to discuss someone else's tools, use the appropriate thread or private messages.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend you. I just go by what the tone of a thread seems to be, and whether or not people mind OT discussion in it.

I do have some feedback. I looked at your roster site and think it's a great start. If you could add a list view option, that would be pretty cool.

Keep up the good work, and sorry for invading your thread!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Having some pretty major issues here with this for me. Max levels refuses to go up when covers are increased, total number of covers permanently stuck at zero, every refresh leads to the prompt to create a new roster, and save button is not working.. This is occurring for all characters BTW. Was already having other problems before this, had a Bullseye and XF cover that refused to go away after every refresh no matter how many times I cleared their cover, so I cleared my cookies and all that, and the aforementioned problems are the new ones appearing.

Promising, but unusable for me, I'll be sticking to my old Excel sheet for now icon_e_sad.gif

PS: would be good if you could update the cover arts. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't stand seeing that old Squirrel Girl art.
  • Cymmina
    Options
    metallion wrote:
    Having some pretty major issues here with this for me. Max levels refuses to go up when covers are increased, total number of covers permanently stuck at zero, every refresh leads to the prompt to create a new roster, and save button is not working.. This is occurring for all characters BTW. Was already having other problems before this, had a Bullseye and XF cover that refused to go away after every refresh no matter how many times I cleared their cover, so I cleared my cookies and all that, and the aforementioned problems are the new ones appearing.

Which browser + version? Internet Explorer? I've tested in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera (Presto). I see there are some issues in IE related to localStorage, and I will try to get those resolved some time tomorrow.

I've resolved the issue regarding max level/cover total not increasing up as you add covers.
    metallion wrote:
    PS: would be good if you could update the cover arts. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't stand seeing that old Squirrel Girl art.

Updating cover art is a bit of a pain in the **** since all I have access to right now is Paint. I've updated Squirrel Girl's cover.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awesome tool Cymmina! icon_mrgreen.gif

I do like getting a visual representation of my roster...it makes it very easy to see where I am at.

If I had one suggestion to make...

The other thing that I do with my personal MPQ spread sheet is keeping track of my objective build for each character. So I put in my file the actual 13 covers that I want to get to see at a glance how I am doing for each colour.

As an example, right now my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png is 5 redflag.png 4 yellowflag.png 4 greenflag.png which makes up the max 13 covers but compared to my objective for that character, I am actually at 5 redflag.png out of 3, 4 yellowflag.png out of 5 & 4 greenflag.png out of 5.

If this goal was displayed in your roster tool then I could actually ditch my spread sheet all together...icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you very much for the time & effort to put a tool like this together mate...very useful addition to the community! icon_cool.gif

EDIT: Just for the fun of it... My current MPQ Roster
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    metallion wrote:

Which browser + version? Internet Explorer? I've tested in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera (Presto). I see there are some issues in IE related to localStorage, and I will try to get those resolved some time tomorrow.

I've resolved the issue regarding max level/cover total not increasing up as you add covers.
    metallion wrote:

Updating cover art is a bit of a pain in the **** since all I have access to right now is Paint. I've updated Squirrel Girl's cover.

Everything's working great now. Looks like the save problem was an effect of the cover problem, the link auto-generated the moment I added my first cover.

Just a few more things that needs to be fixed

1) Both Captain Americas should be yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png instead of redflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png
    2) Character orders during character addition are all over the place, which probably makes it troublesome for people transferring because they probably have their characters in alphabetical order on the spreadsheets. I'm seeing HT before DP, and Cyclops somewhere after Loki IIRC, just to name a few out-of-place guys. There are definitely plenty more
    3) DP, IW and Star Lord's cover are still not changed, but that's not important, Squirrel Girl's was the important one lol (oh gawd that old cover was horrendous). You could also start preparing to change Daken's covers for both 2 star.png and 3 star.png

Would also be good if you can have an option to sort finished roster by rarity instead of level. I personally like to see my spreadsheet sorted by rarity, so that it's easier to find my 3* characters
  • Cymmina
    Options
    metallion wrote:
    Everything's working great now. Looks like the save problem was an effect of the cover problem, the link auto-generated the moment I added my first cover.

Just a few more things that needs to be fixed

1) Both Captain Americas should be yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png instead of redflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png
    2) Character orders during character addition are all over the place, which probably makes it troublesome for people transferring because they probably have their characters in alphabetical order on the spreadsheets. I'm seeing HT before DP, and Cyclops somewhere after Loki IIRC, just to name a few out-of-place guys. There are definitely plenty more
    3) DP, IW and Star Lord's cover are still not changed, but that's not important, Squirrel Girl's was the important one lol (oh gawd that old cover was horrendous). You could also start preparing to change Daken's covers for both 2 star.png and 3 star.png

Would also be good if you can have an option to sort finished roster by rarity instead of level. I personally like to see my spreadsheet sorted by rarity, so that it's easier to find my 3* characters

Cap is fixed.

Regarding sorting, I'm trying to match the sorting algorithm used in game. Based on the data I have, it looks like the following:
    • Level descending
    • At Power Cap descending (not currently accounting for this one, using Rarity ascending instead)
    • Current maximum level descending
    • Name ascending

Before I got my 13th Hood cover yesterday, the top of my in game roster was ordered like this:
    95 Luke Cage
    94 Black Widow (2*)
    94 Thor (2*)
    94 Wolverine (2*)
    94 The Hood
    94 Black Widow (2*)
    94 Loki
    94 Blade
    94 Wolverine (4*)
    91 The Hulk

After I got my 13th Hood cover, he moved up to the 2nd position:
    95 Luke Cage
    94 The Hood
    94 Black Widow (2*)
    94 Thor (2*)
    94 Wolverine (2*)
    94 Black Widow (2*)
    94 Loki
    94 Blade
    94 Wolverine (4*)
    91 The Hulk

If this is not the preference for most users, I am open to changing it.