Shut off animations

2»

Comments

• The option to cancel animations gives an unfair advantage to people in pvp. Sooner or later, everyone will turn off animations...and what will be the point of having them to begin with?

I think passives just shouldn't have animations...like the tile boost from Prof x's purple. It's quick, informative, and it gets the job done. I would love to see people like Daken, Patch, KK and Blade have their passives handled the same way.

Enlighten me. How does it become an advantage?

You would be able to complete nodes faster, which would give you more points / less times attacked between shield hopping.

Let's assume every 10 minutes you get attacked.

Player A (animations turned on):

5 minute offensive matches
    2 point gains before your attacked and lose.
    2 steps forward one step back

Player B (animations turned off)

3 minute offensive matches
    3 point gains before you're attacked and lose.
    3 steps forward one step back

lets say you set aside an hour to grind:

Player A:

12 wins, 6 losses

Player B:

20 wins, 6 losses

That is a huge advantage for people who have no animations.
  • Agamotto
    Agamotto Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    traedoril wrote:
    The option to cancel animations gives an unfair advantage to people in pvp. Sooner or later, everyone will turn off animations...and what will be the point of having them to begin with?

I think passives just shouldn't have animations...like the tile boost from Prof x's purple. It's quick, informative, and it gets the job done. I would love to see people like Daken, Patch, KK and Blade have their passives handled the same way.

Enlighten me. How does it become an advantage?

You would be able to complete nodes faster, which would give you more points / less times attacked between shield hopping.

Let's assume every 10 minutes you get attacked.

Player A (animations turned on):

5 minute offensive matches
    2 point gains before your attacked and lose.
    2 steps forward one step back

Player B (animations turned off)

3 minute offensive matches
    3 point gains before you're attacked and lose.
    3 steps forward one step back

lets say you set aside an hour to grind:

Player A:

12 wins, 6 losses

Player B:

20 wins, 6 losses

That is a huge advantage for people who have no animations.

But Player A have the exact same option to turn off as Player B. It's up to the player to be A or B, it's not cheating or something.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    I for one like the animations, but I too get frustrated sometimes. Why not have a compromise that allows those who want to see it with those who want a quicker gaming experience? In some mobile games I've played they implement a slider that allows the animations to play faster. Why not include something like that, as well as a button that allows us to disable animations?
  • Let's ask ourselves: Who enjoys the animations? Well, everyone might enjoy them the first few times you see them, but I can assure you even the newbie players get tired of them. Hardcore players have never needed animations to understand what's going on in the game, newbies might need them sometimes to understand all aspects of the game.

Yes, having no animations (or fewer, or faster) would be an advantage in the gameplay and would make the game nicer to play since the animations are so many, so recurring and so tinykitty (that was a tinykitty on purpose) slow. Yes, the game is laggy and slow and drains huge amounts of battery, so it would be in the developer's own interest to ease up on this issue. If extra information is absolutely needed to make every player understand what's going on, then by all means, throw in some simple and fast text popups. But get rid of the numerous slow and laggy animations, once and for all. At least let us choose to shut them off. Any competitive player wants the game to go faster than it does now, so anyone who is truly competitive would shut them off.

The new side window that pops up at the side all the times is hugely annoying and seldom helpful. You can never see which colors increase or decrease, the old solution worked much better. What WOULD be appreciated is that the enemy color pool was always visible, which it is on Steam, but not on the cell phone version of the game.
  • MrHappyface
    MrHappyface Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    And when the animation does end, it doesn't even give you control of the board immediately. You have to wait a second or 2 AFTER the animation before you can move the tiles again.

This game is rage inducing enough without the repetitive animation. icon_evil.gif
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    The animation and cascades for the Ultron sentries make the events take extremely long especially watching them go off every turn.

I agree having the option to disable animations would be much appreciated.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    A couple options that I think would be cool (and will never happen):

1. Limit animations to one time per match each.

2. If the power use will result in death, show animation. I like this one because some powers are just so satisfying when you one-shot an opponent. I'd miss cyc's full blast animation a little bit if it was just turned off.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    I agree 100%, animation were fun at beginning but now it feels quite boring.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    An option to turn off animations would be a great feature. Maybe separate passive and active animations.