Meet Rocket & Groot - April 14 - April 19

Options

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    Looking at my bracket's numbers, it seems like people indeed followed through on their claim that Quicksilver is useless and participated relatively little during Prodigal Sun, so even without Kingpin it should've been easy to get a cover for him if you put in a decent effort.

This
    I remember last sub in last day
    I went to sleep and i was #99
    I woke up and i was #101
    I went to work and came back and i was #110

I got #150 just to support my alliance, it shows how ppl is getting tired of these back to back characters
  • I'm going to at least try to get the Quicksilver cover Progression Reward from this event. Wouldn't mind getting some Mystique covers since I just got one of her recently.
  • So I joined a fresh sub for some of those sweet HP rewards, and after multiple sub-optimal clears, I'm in first place. I guess I'm stuck doing this until the end.
  • Anyone spending the progression and reward tokens immediately? If so what are your pulls?
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    _xdrew wrote:
    Anyone spending the progression and reward tokens immediately? If so what are your pulls?

Green Rag, the rest were 2*
  • _xdrew wrote:
    Anyone spending the progression and reward tokens immediately? If so what are your pulls?

Maybe Quicksilver isn't as horrible as I thought, he got me my 4th Iron Fist blackflag.png. It totally looks like I bought my Iron Fist covers as he's 0/1/4
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nothing but ISO here, been on a bad run though.
  • As a long-time player with a decent 2* roster and an under-developed 3* group, this PVE has been quite enjoyable thus far. The scaling gods have been very kind...

DBC
  • _xdrew wrote:

Got a heroic as an alliance sub award and pulled a Purple Iron Fist out of it, rest has been junk, but that was definitely a score.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    _xdrew wrote:

purpleflag.png Blade...
  • Hey, I got blackflag.png Iron Fist from R&G PvE token, too! Totally made my whole week. I also already got that Quicksilver progression cover so my PvE is mostly done. I'll aim to get those R&G tokens from remaining subs but that's it.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    _xdrew wrote:

I got a Heroic for placing t400 in Luck be a Lady, which netted my a Cyclops. I got a purple Kamala Khan from the event token at 14k. If I pulled a gold cover from the first sub ending, it was an IW yellow. (I've gotten one in the last week, I just can't recall what from.)
  • So I still haven't gotten Quicksilver's Blue to launch...
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    So I still haven't gotten Quicksilver's Blue to launch...

I have, but more by luck than anything else. Trying to do it on purpose seemed like a laughable exercise in futility. You get close and the ai just starts matching the TU away. Meanwhile having locked TU tiles all over the place blocks me from making matches I want far more often than the blue power ever does anything remotely useful.
  • I've actually set off Quicksilvers blue multiple times. I run OBW, Quicksilver & Classic Storm. So not setting off his Blue is not a problem. No matter what I can get a blue power off.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been skipping PvE events for the last 2 months (no Profesor X or fist for me, neither silver), in this one I decided to step in to try and get the "easy" quick silver cover at 18k. I entered late due to RL issues but the scaling as always is getting to my nerves.

My top 10 ranking is filled with 2* most of them underlvled, I'm in 3* land with a mix of 100-150 and a couple of 166. First couple of refreshes has been dificult but doable with boosts after a few wipes and different combos. I'm on my 3rd clear, and the scaling as always sucks, facing 200+ matches with doom 1 shotting people with purple and destroying everyone else with demons...

I found myself using my she-hulk at 85 and praying that I can put to 0 purple and half to black or else I'm wiped. They have 10k+ health so it's not fast to kill them either even with boosts.

How can someone find fun this? I understand things should be challenging, but 1 shotted is not a challenge is an impossible, if at least they didn't have free AP generation with the goons I could try something. If I deny purple so they can't one shot me they do the other skills and I do 0 dmg, I tried DD to clear Demons,

Any suggestion? My 3* don't help here. I let you my roster and see if someone can advise an strat that I didn't think off.

166 X-force
    166 2*Thor
    155 punisher
    150 spiderman
    150 hood
    150 DD
    140 doom
    130 black widow
    and some more lower lvls, the only one I found useful so far is she hulk with her denial of AP.

After this event I'll pass on PvE again for a long time, so frustrating this artificial dificult. trying to make competitive PvE is laughable when I face lvl 200 and a player with a 70 2* storm is top 1, he must be facing lvl 100 at omst to be able to rank there.
  • Vohnkar wrote:
    I've been skipping PvE events for the last 2 months (no Profesor X or fist for me, neither silver), in this one I decided to step in to try and get the "easy" quick silver cover at 18k. I entered late due to RL issues but the scaling as always is getting to my nerves.

My top 10 ranking is filled with 2* most of them underlvled, I'm in 3* land with a mix of 100-150 and a couple of 166. First couple of refreshes has been dificult but doable with boosts after a few wipes and different combos. I'm on my 3rd clear, and the scaling as always sucks, facing 200+ matches with doom 1 shotting people with purple and destroying everyone else with demons...

I found myself using my she-hulk at 85 and praying that I can put to 0 purple and half to black or else I'm wiped. They have 10k+ health so it's not fast to kill them either even with boosts.

How can someone find fun this? I understand things should be challenging, but 1 shotted is not a challenge is an impossible, if at least they didn't have free AP generation with the goons I could try something. If I deny purple so they can't one shot me they do the other skills and I do 0 dmg, I tried DD to clear Demons,

Any suggestion? My 3* don't help here. I let you my roster and see if someone can advise an strat that I didn't think off.

166 X-force
    166 2*Thor
    155 punisher
    150 spiderman
    150 hood
    150 DD
    140 doom
    130 black widow
    and some more lower lvls, the only one I found useful so far is she hulk with her denial of AP.

After this event I'll pass on PvE again for a long time, so frustrating this artificial dificult. trying to make competitive PvE is laughable when I face lvl 200 and a player with a 70 2* storm is top 1, he must be facing lvl 100 at omst to be able to rank there.

Why are you taking this PVE seriously when we just got thru 3 characters in a row and the main powered up character is Bagsilver?

Save yourself some stress. I told my alliance to take this PVE off.
  • Vohnkar
    Options
    I started the event yesterday and after a quick first clear with some dificult nodes but doable ones I was top5. Cleared again last night and stayed top 5. This morning I was top10, after the clear I'm 1 on my bracket only 200 points ahead of 2nd. I took it a bit more seriously because I can play during today and It would be nice to get the 1-2nd place reward, I have very few fury covers, its been a long time since the MMRs, scaling and the game in general placed me in a shard I'm able to stay top 10 and fight for top1 again.

I know its not much, but I can't usually stay top 25 or less, I can't devote myself this much to the game, I play on PC (steam) and I only can play at night, so the 8 hour refreshes during a week usually are not worth for me, and the scaling usually frustrates me like its happenning on this event.

Oh well, I'll try to retain the 1-2 place tonight with a last clear if I'm able to do it, and if not I will definintely stay away from PvE for a long time again. I just hope they don't destroy PvP anymore.
  • Vohnkar wrote:
    I started the event yesterday and after a quick first clear with some dificult nodes but doable ones I was top5. Cleared again last night and stayed top 5. This morning I was top10, after the clear I'm 1 on my bracket only 200 points ahead of 2nd. I took it a bit more seriously because I can play during today and It would be nice to get the 1-2nd place reward, I have very few fury covers, its been a long time since the MMRs, scaling and the game in general placed me in a shard I'm able to stay top 10 and fight for top1 again.

I know its not much, but I can't usually stay top 25 or less, I can't devote myself this much to the game, I play on PC (steam) and I only can play at night, so the 8 hour refreshes during a week usually are not worth for me, and the scaling usually frustrates me like its happenning on this event.

Oh well, I'll try to retain the 1-2 place tonight with a last clear if I'm able to do it, and if not I will definintely stay away from PvE for a long time again. I just hope they don't destroy PvP anymore.
    if u can only play in short bursts like that, last minute PVP is your best bet. That and Deadpool Daily
  • Vohnkar
    Options
    I know, and that¡s why usually I skip PvE. When ruberband and filling the brackets where diferent I usually did PvE a lot, joined last couple of hours and fought to get top 100. when they changed the filling brackets I was left out of PvE except on weekends or holidays. I usually join at the end, 1-2 days left and if the bracket I got in is new I try to compete for top 100, if not I just get some extra ISOs and left.

Scaling isn't helping either.

I'm focused on PvP, I usually joined last day in the last 2 hours, climbed to 400-600 points and managed a top100 quite easy without shields. With the recent changes is not that easy, I have to start 1 day before and climb to 200-300 and then push again last couple of hours hoping I don't get too many attacks. New system is punishing me quite hard, I wans't attacked much and I was able to climb fast (X-Force + fighting low 90-130s). Now I need to heal almost everyfight due to fighting maxed 3* since 200-400 points, I usually can find some easy target after a lot of skips, but on Gamora I'm at 300 points and fighting 166s mostly for 20-25 points.

I'll stick to PvP for the time being, but Ill try to score top 2 with a last clear tonight, although I don't have QuickSilver and maybe I'm outranked by the ones who have it on my bracket.