PSA on reduced Iso-8 amount to level characters

2»

Comments

• kickpuncher11
    kickpuncher11 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    CNash wrote:
    What I would expect, in this situation, is for partially-leveled characters to undergo a "jump" in level as soon as the changes hit. So if 20,000 ISO gets a 3* to level 80 under the old system, but level 100 under the new system (due to the cost of the earlier levels changing), your level 80 3* will simply become level 100 once the change happens, as they have enough total ISO sunk into them to get them that level. Whether or not this is how it will happen remains to be seen, but there is a precedent: the max level increase that happened last year. Nobody had to spend any extra ISO to get to level 166, they just "jumped".

(These numbers are not accurate, btw.)

That's not really the same thing. If your characters didn't jump, existing players would have had to pay more iso to get back to where they were.
    With reducing costs...there's no change.
    I mean if you bought a phone the day it released and saw the price go down next year, would you really expect Apple or whoever to pay you the difference? Everyone just wants something for free.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, since i've been seeing lots of "slap in the face" arguments lately I searched the phrase. 241 hits. That's a lot of people getting slapped in the face around here these days.

I made this meme just for those 241 hits:

E6IaO2p.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    My problem lies in the following logic:

If the overall cost is the same to fully level character, and they are making earlier levels cheaper it stands to reason that later levels will be more expensive. Therefore those that have already spent money on the earlier levels (currently more costly than they will be) are then paying the more expensive cost of the higher levels (after the cost changes go into effect), they will have paid more to level the character overall than someone starting from scratch.

What I would expect, in this situation, is for partially-leveled characters to undergo a "jump" in level as soon as the changes hit. So if 20,000 ISO gets a 3* to level 80 under the old system, but level 100 under the new system (due to the cost of the earlier levels changing), your level 80 3* will simply become level 100 once the change happens, as they have enough total ISO sunk into them to get them that level. Whether or not this is how it will happen remains to be seen, but there is a precedent: the max level increase that happened last year. Nobody had to spend any extra ISO to get to level 166, they just "jumped".

(These numbers are not accurate, btw.)
    what if we didn't want certain characters to be leveled above a certain level? that would create some havoc with some players and their rosters. I hope this is not what they plan on doing unless we can choose to still leave a character where we want but get the iso savings 'refunded'? I know, long shot there. most rosters have anywhere from a few to large chunks of the roster leveled there for specific reasons. please don't jack with that...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

E6IaO2p.jpg

FYI - we're up to 250 slaps now. That's 9 more slaps in 7 days, or an average of 1.3 slaps per day. Statistics have shown that most slaps go unreported, so the true amount of slapping is currently unknown.

knowing.jpg
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I have a couple of characters that were near maxed, but I was holding on to ISO just in case they were made cheaper. But given the comment about lower levels being cheaper and all of these guys being over lvl 120, I figured I'd bite the bullet and at least max 1 and level 2 others up. Lord knows when R75 will actually drop.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    FYI - we're up to 250 slaps now. That's 9 more slaps in 7 days, or an average of 1.3 slaps per day. Statistics have shown that most slaps go unreported, so the true amount of slapping is currently unknown.
    those are some very eye-opening statistics.

like a bucket of cold water. like a.....slap in the face icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JVReal
    udonomefoo wrote:
    JeNt85K.jpg
  • JVReal wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, since i've been seeing lots of "slap in the face" arguments lately I searched the phrase. 241 hits. That's a lot of people getting slapped in the face around here these days.

E6IaO2p.jpg

Sooo, are we talking, "I sir, challenge you to a duel" slaps, or the more aggressive, heat-of-the-moment, "Oh no you didn't" slaps?

I only ask because in order for collected data to be statistically relevant, it's probably a good idea to spell out such crucial variables...

DBC
  • JVReal wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

E6IaO2p.jpg

Sooo, are we talking, "I sir, challenge you to a duel" slaps, or the more aggressive, heat-of-the-moment, "Oh no you didn't" slaps?

I only ask because in order for collected data to be statistically relevant, it's probably a good idea to spell out such crucial variables...

DBC

Quick, someone call the Slap-bet commissioner for a ruling!
  • JVReal
    beavis_and_butthead_gif_by_randomhero36587-d32ktvq.gif

It must be open palm, and with the intent to instill as much emotional trauma as possible leaving very little physical evidence of ever having happened.