PSA on reduced Iso-8 amount to level characters

TL:DR - Invisible Woman, Elektra, Wolverine X-Force, Beast, Doctor Octopus, She-Hulk and Health updates coming 4/17/15. Iso-8 Leveling costs update coming in R75.

R75.
Right now, we're on R73. R74 will be incoming soon. R75 is...undetermined in timing.

So if you're holding Iso-8 to level people when the prices go down, you may be waiting a few weeks to a month, depending on the speed of the patch.

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now, I'm not positive, but I think they do them weekly or biweekly.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Now, I'm not positive, but I think they do them weekly or biweekly.

Biweekly is a horribly ambiguous word. The developers have stated that they run fortnightly sprints - so it would be at least 14 days after R74. There is also thrid-party approval which patches need to go through and this can be a more variable amount of time.

Anyway, good to know that we could be waiting a while for the reduced costs. It means I'll have to be extra selective in spending, or extra patient in waiting.
  • Sledge
    Sledge Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Looking at the previous patch release dates, it's roughly 3 weeks between patches. Assuming R74 is released April 17, R75 may not see the light of day until May 8.
  • My guess is ISO updates will happen after the buyback period ends. Just my hunch.
  • R74 was released today. Maybe R75 will be comprised solely of "decreased ISO cost" and come on 4/17, maybe not. In any event, I have enough guys at the levels I want that I can hold out until release date.

If you need to level people to be competetive, do it. But if you can get by with what you have it's time to stockpile the iso8.png
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Great post - thanks a lot!
  • R75 will be released in the first week of May if the schedule and first party approval holds.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind waiting, I just wish they gave us more detail. I would like to know what the level cap is for reduced ISO so I can begin to plan. I have a few 3* characters such as Beast and She Hulk at level 40 fully covered that I might level up now that they've been 'buffed.'
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    R75 will be released in the first week of May if the schedule and first party approval holds.

Thank you for that. Will you be able to provide us with a little more detail, even broad strokes, before then so we can better plan?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Lerysh wrote:
    R74 was released today.

R74 has not been released yet. We're still a number of days away from the update going live (if all goes to plan).
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    David, Kabir, or any other admin:

Can you comment on what will be done regarding people who have already leveled their characters? I realize you might still be discussing this, but it would be nice to know if there's some plan in place to compensate those of us that have already spent ISO to level up our characters, rather than hoarding it.

It would be a major slap in the face to veterans if you reduce the costs of levels, then give no compensation for those of us that have put ISO in all our characters (like you say you want people to do). It would basically be punishing us for having worked to have a diverse roster up to this point.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the clarifications, David. icon_e_geek.gif
  • I genuinely came looking for info on this. Was sitting on 45k wondering what the new #rs would be.

Think I'll just pump it all into IW. She's already at 200. Doubt their going to change the numbers from 200-270 much if any.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    john1620b wrote:

Can you comment on what will be done regarding people who have already leveled their characters? I realize you might still be discussing this, but it would be nice to know if there's some plan in place to compensate those of us that have already spent ISO to level up our characters, rather than hoarding it.

It would be a major slap in the face to veterans if you reduce the costs of levels, then give no compensation for those of us that have put ISO in all our characters (like you say you want people to do). It would basically be punishing us for having worked to have a diverse roster up to this point.

They will likely not do anything. I complained to Support when they released the patch to make roster slots cheaper at lower levels and I was not compensated at all. They will just kindly remind you that you can win tons of ISO, covers and HP with Deadpool Daily Quest!
  • Plus the lower ISO requirements will help everyone in the future as they continue pumping out new characters.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    john1620b wrote:

They will likely not do anything. I complained to Support when they released the patch to make roster slots cheaper at lower levels and I was not compensated at all. They will just kindly remind you that you can win tons of ISO, covers and HP with Deadpool Daily Quest!

Yep, don't hold your breath on that one. They have established a pattern of not compensating for changes like this.

Just out of curiosity, since i've been seeing lots of "slap in the face" arguments lately I searched the phrase. 241 hits. That's a lot of people getting slapped in the face around here these days.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, since i've been seeing lots of "slap in the face" arguments lately I searched the phrase. 241 hits. That's a lot of people getting slapped in the face around here these days.
    Ha, that's awesome. And true. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    From their initial description of the change, it seems that the total cost of leveling a character to max (40/50/94/166/270) won't change, but some of the earlier levels will be made cheaper and the rest will be re-balanced accordingly (so that you don't, for example, see a massive jump in cost from level 80 to level 81). Since the total ISO spend hasn't changed, no compensation will be necessary.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    From their initial description of the change, it seems that the total cost of leveling a character to max (40/50/94/166/270) won't change, but some of the earlier levels will be made cheaper and the rest will be re-balanced accordingly (so that you don't, for example, see a massive jump in cost from level 80 to level 81). Since the total ISO spend hasn't changed, no compensation will be necessary.
    My problem lies in the following logic:

If the overall cost is the same to fully level character, and they are making earlier levels cheaper it stands to reason that later levels will be more expensive. Therefore those that have already spent money on the earlier levels (currently more costly than they will be) are then paying the more expensive cost of the higher levels (after the cost changes go into effect), they will have paid more to level the character overall than someone starting from scratch.

Now, at the beginning of the thread of character updates the following was posted:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    This doesn't even go into the level changes in ISO costs, which damn well BETTER compensate those of us who have been working to put ISO into characters only to have the total cost sliced.

I'm reading that as the amount of iso to take a level 40 to 166 stays the same and that they're changing it so that the lower levels are cheaper and making the higher levels more expensive.

Problem is what happens to your level 100ish guys. Did the cost to raise them just increase?

No! They will cost the same or less. Again the numbers aren't final, so I can't share them right now, but we absolutely will not make any level up costs more expensive.
    So it seems to me that if they are lowering the earlier levels, and not increasing the costs of higher levels, then the overall cost of leveling a character is going to drop. Those that have already leveled their characters past the cheaper levels are out of luck, but may still get cheaper levels in the future if the overall cost goes down. Though you will still have paid more for earlier levels, you are not being penalized with higher costs of future levels.

Since they said the cost will not increase, then no compensation is necessary. Even a store will only price-match up to a certain length of time if the item goes on sale or lowers the price, and only certain stores offer that.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    My problem lies in the following logic:

If the overall cost is the same to fully level character, and they are making earlier levels cheaper it stands to reason that later levels will be more expensive. Therefore those that have already spent money on the earlier levels (currently more costly than they will be) are then paying the more expensive cost of the higher levels (after the cost changes go into effect), they will have paid more to level the character overall than someone starting from scratch.

What I would expect, in this situation, is for partially-leveled characters to undergo a "jump" in level as soon as the changes hit. So if 20,000 ISO gets a 3* to level 80 under the old system, but level 100 under the new system (due to the cost of the earlier levels changing), your level 80 3* will simply become level 100 once the change happens, as they have enough total ISO sunk into them to get them that level. Whether or not this is how it will happen remains to be seen, but there is a precedent: the max level increase that happened last year. Nobody had to spend any extra ISO to get to level 166, they just "jumped".

(These numbers are not accurate, btw.)