So... Money Poll

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Interested to see the community opinions on this after the past 2 months of changes
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I'm not going to be putting any money into the game any time SOON, but that's not to say I will never pay again. Who knows, maybe their next update will be all sunshine and rainbows.

Hell, if the XF nerf wasn't part of this update it'd be worth a $5 cookie.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    need an "I paid before, but not sure if I'll pay again" option.
  • Raffoon
    udonomefoo wrote:

Sure, I just added it.

Edit: It seems like it cleared the first 7 votes by doing so. Sorry guys! (if anyone's curious, it was 2 for paid+pay again and 5 for paid+never again)
  • I've paid for roster slots and a cover for a hero I love. I'm trying to be optimistic about the MPQ future because I just started playing a few months ago, and hoping there will be a time where it will be worth it to spend money again.

I'm more towards this option, which is why I didn't vote in this poll:

"I've paid before, but I'm now more cautious of where and when to spend money on this game."
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I put $20 in the game every three or so months (generally when there is a sale). I don't pay to buy particular things, I pay to support the game and then figure out if there is anything worth spending the HP on. If I'm still having fun the next time a sale rolls around I'll probably drop another $20. If I'm not having fun, uh, I guess I won't be playing anymore. But so far, still having fun (although the last couple of PvPs are starting to make me wonder...)
  • Raffoon wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Sure, I just added it.

Edit: It seems like it cleared the first 7 votes by doing so. Sorry guys! (if anyone's curious, it was 2 for paid+pay again and 5 for paid+never again)

Changed mine from Pay Again to this.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    For a second I thought the poll might feature dollar ranges (i.e. $0 - 20, $20 - 50, etc). It would be interesting to see how much the average forum player spends on this game.

Good information all the same with what's presented!
  • Raffoon
    Mikaveus wrote:
    For a second I thought the poll might feature dollar ranges (i.e. $0 - 20, $20 - 50, etc). It would be interesting to see how much the average forum player spends on this game.

Good information all the same with what's presented!

Nah, I don't even want to think about how much I spent on this game when I wanted to support the developers. Turns out I put my eggs in the wrong basket, I guess!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    they need to make a 50 buck thing. i know the last sale i would of got the 50 bucks if i could got 10 3 star covers (12500 hp)

did not want to spend 100 bucks for 20 covers (25000+) nor do i need 20 covers
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Dropped 200€ in a day thinking I might get something from the 42 gold token packs. Felt like trowing the laptop out the window when I counted and got around 10 gold covers from those 84....the rest were mostly moonstone (stalker girl since she seems to be everywhere) and the other creeper, ** magneto.

So now I only pay for those 2900 hp to increase my roster slots >_<'
  • Raffoon
    Inarius wrote:
    Dropped 200€ in a day thinking I might get something from the 42 gold token packs. Felt like trowing the laptop out the window when I counted and got around 10 gold covers from those 84....the rest were mostly moonstone (stalker girl since she seems to be everywhere) and the other creeper, ** magneto.

So now I only pay for those 2900 hp to increase my roster slots >_<'

Don't you know that you could have just bought a cheap laptop with that money, so that you could throw it out the window? icon_razz.gif
  • Spent plenty on this game, and will never spend another dime.

D3 has shown that they can't be trusted with my money.

I don't feel like there is any way that I could spend money on this game, and be certain that they don't make me regret it in the future. Oh well, I guess Supercell will be getting more now... Clash of Clans has never made me regret a single purchase...
  • i've spent between $130-150, not sure how many of the five dollar ones i bought near the beginning. i will not be spending any more money on this game. at it's core, i really love this game. i don't think i've ever played a game as much as this one and have no regrets about it. but with what seems like an ever increasing amount of nerfs/buffs, matchmaking changes, etc, it just seems like there is no true direction behind the curtain. because of these recent changes, i will be playing much less and spending zero money on the game. leaves me with more money to spend on other games.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't buy covers or tokens, but I have bought roster slots.

Now, thing is, I do that when it's "impulse buy" territory - $5 or so, or if I have two covers I want to roster, I might drop $10.

As the roster slots costs increase, it's going to get to the point where it isn't an impulse purchase any longer. Once that happens, my purchases will probably be more like 'ooh I got HP from DDQ, and now I have enough for a roster slot." If they'd put a HP cap on it at 600 points/slot or so, hey. I'd be good with that.

But it doesn't sound like they want to do that.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I voted 2nd option, but I doubt I will pay again simply because there's not much to buy for me and I'm interested in earning covers and ISO more than direct purchases. My last purchase of HP was simply to say a small 'thank you', and since then I often wanted to do that again, too, but I just can't spend my HP fast enough anyway.
  • Raffoon
    Seeing how the responses go, now that another week has passed. So far, the results seem to indicate that the developers have lost a lot of income with these changes.
  • Every time I bought covers, the character was changed (i.e. nerfed -- this happened 4 times now) adding up to a couple hundred dollars down the drain. You can't guarantee you'll get what you pay for, or anything near what you paid for. Great game, but the only way to play it without regret is to be F2P. It's the only game I've ever played where the less money I put into it, the better the overall experience.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    My lack of paying is more about being HP SELFSUFFICIENT vs any nerfs to characters,

I spent 7,500+ of earned HP on 4or and 2,500 on Iron Fist in the last two months, that stuff doesn't earn interest so why not spend it?
    If I'd paid money I'd be mad. That's why I haven't since last summer. (And that for slots and shields.)
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    Seeing how the responses go, now that another week has passed. So far, the results seem to indicate that the developers have lost a lot of income with these changes.

Not really.

First the sample size is too small to be representative of the player base as a whole.

Secondly even your group of won't pay again aren't specifically 'because you made changes'. In the comments people have run out of things they want to buy or only ever bought cover slots.

Plus you make no allowance for the new players who may be more likely to buy into a game that isn't based around 2 characters you must drop hundreds of dollars on to be competetive. If that were the model when I joined the game I never would have spent a cent.
  • I have paid before but not sure if i will in the future.

I had almost convinced myself to get a few covers this morning for characters that i wanted maxed (they are only really good for lower pvp climbs or easier pve nodes) as i used to see it as a return of investment. I.e ive spent so much time playing this game (dont know what day im on currently) that i didnt mind dropping £20 once every few months for roster slots or covers etc. I could spend at least that on 4-5 pints in the pub in a night so that wasnt a big deal to me.

But like most im concerned about dropping money in a character for them only to be made rubbish because they become popular or used alot. I dont mind some balance nerfs but that generally doesnt happen often.

Anyway no more. I'll still play, in a casual alliance just now and I like the DDQ for a guaranteed 3*.

Thanks