Smash Hit - Apr 7 - 9 - Season XIII

Options

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Surgical Strike has got to work well. Get him angry, destroy an entire board full of green, then finish him off with X-Force. I want to try Luke Cage as well. I've got him at 5/5/3 so I think that protect tile can help mitigate any match damage from Anger cascades.
  • This event has some terrible match ups so far for me and my low lvl team I didn't have anywhere near this problem with kamala khan
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I've been using LThor XF on my climb. After a good Thunderstrike, SS can do over 8000 damage, then I just repeatedly XF green. No blue or purple coverage though.

While that's a great offense, it's a lousy defensive team because it is weak to surgical strike. If you could avoid getting hit btw shield hops, sure. Too risky for me personally though.
  • puppychow wrote:
    I've been using LThor XF on my climb. After a good Thunderstrike, SS can do over 8000 damage, then I just repeatedly XF green. No blue or purple coverage though.

While that's a great offense, it's a lousy defensive team because it is weak to surgical strike. If you could avoid getting hit btw shield hops, sure. Too risky for me personally though.

Every team is weak to Surgical Strike in this event if Hulk is at least level 200 or so since green is Hulk's strongest color, and if your Hulk is under that level you might as well have a giant 'kick me' sign behind you with the current matchup system, so pick your poison.
  • puppychow
    Options
    This event is a repeat of IM, where the soft climb (100-400 points) is very difficult. But once you accumulate more points the AI offers slightly easier matchups, particularly with underleveled Hulk teams. That being said, since most unshielded players are still in the 400-500 points range, it's hard for me (at mid 600s currently) to find a target worth more than teens. icon_e_sad.gif
  • puppychow
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Every team is weak to Surgical Strike in this event if Hulk is at least level 200 or so since green is Hulk's strongest color, and if your Hulk is under that level you might as well have a giant 'kick me' sign behind you with the current matchup system, so pick your poison.

re: Kick me sign. Yes, since the point values for my matchups have been ****, I've resorted to finding targets w/ low level hulks. So even if there's a gt/xf teamup, if the hulk is in the 100s I would pick that team to fight rather than a 200+ hulk. The reason is that I could finish that fight with a strong possibility of not needing a single heal pack, therefore allowing me to go into another fight right away.
  • 9ooGyoJ.png

LOL
    I just gave in to the system.

by the time i got out of one fight, it would immediately show i lost another match. making my fighting for nothing.

I just cut my losses and gave in and did a full day shield stuck at #7 with 585 points.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Too...many....hulks.

Level 290 hulks abound and I don't even have more than one fully covered 3*, so this is being a pain finding people who aren't max 4*'s and 3*'s plus max hulk.
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    When I had only 2* teams, I'd find that I could usually hit around 300-400 points before I'd burned through my health packs.

Now that I finally have a fully capped 3* team, I'm finding that I usually hit around 300-400 points before etc. I'm seeing capped X-Force/Thorette teams immediately after finishing the seeds.

So I'm wondering: what's the point of actually leveling up 3* chars if the MMR constantly changes to effectively keep me at the same rank?

I don't think I've ever played a game that punishes success as much as MPQ.
  • wuweird wrote:
    When I had only 2* teams, I'd find that I could usually hit around 300-400 points before I'd burned through my health packs.

Now that I finally have a fully capped 3* team, I'm finding that I usually hit around 300-400 points before etc. I'm seeing capped X-Force/Thorette teams immediately after finishing the seeds.

So I'm wondering: what's the point of actually leveling up 3* chars if the MMR constantly changes to effectively keep me at the same rank?

Previously with my 2* team I could reach 300-400 points. Now with the new system I can barely make it to 200 points before I get walls of 270 icon_lol.gif
    I'm done with PvP this season, this is just too much ridiculous and no fun at all.
  • KrisPWales
    Options
    Griv74 wrote:
    wuweird wrote:

Previously with my 2* team I could reach 300-400 points. Now with the new system I can barely make it to 200 points before I get walls of 270 icon_lol.gif
    I'm done with PvP this season, this is just too much ridiculous and no fun at all.

Exactly the same here! The Kamala Kahn one was great I thought. Won't be playing much PVP much longer if I start getting 270 teams at 200 points.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    KrisPWales wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:
    wuweird wrote:

Exactly the same here! The Kamala Kahn one was great I thought. Won't be playing much PVP much longer if I start getting 270 teams at 200 points.

Did they change someone ONce again. First two PVP this season Got up to 300 to 350 before slamming into the 3 star wall. this pvp 145 pts and BOOM right into the 3 star wall.

highest person i have is ARES 88 then Wolf 82 and then some 3 stars around 80

ALso thought they lowered the pts you lost when you got attacked... attacked before the change 10 to 15 pts. Attacked 15 time all loses as 8 to 14 pts

screw this game anymore
  • managed top 50 but powered up hulk sucks to fight
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Combine the magneto nerf with massive hulks and you've got a recipe for a very tough event for 2* land. I hope the trend of barely hitting 300 doesn't continue when I'm used to 2*ing my way to 400+ easily.
  • Hats off to the new matchmaking system this season. The developers really deserve a pat on the back and big kick on the *** for making such good use of the money people donate into the game !!

A full powered 2* roster being matched with full powered 3* roster just after 150 points. And they said Smash Hit will get us to better matchmaking !! Seriously? Is this the best you can do you dumb*** devs !!
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm a player transitioning from maxed out two stars to collecting three stars, and this Hulk event has been brutal! I felt like I had meaningful matches in the last PvP, but in this one I just can't play. The last thing you want is for your players to find an exit point. I've just been hitting the PvE event instead.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    managed top 50 but powered up hulk sucks to fight

Luckily one of my highest is Doom (5/1/5 lvl 142) Doom's purple > hulk. For some reason, since it is a trap, basically it seems calculated as self inflicted damage, like his clap, it doesn't even anger him. Usually takes 2 rounds of traps to off him, but it is effective.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    took me about 2.5 hours between the last 2 nights to get to 198 points with my 2* roster & 130 hulk. This suuuucks.
  • Wait, Apr 7-9? It's allready over? Never completely missed a PVP before (unintentionally that is)! Good thing I just got the last DD Blue I needed to respec him from the PVE icon_e_smile.gif
  • heroguy35
    heroguy35 Posts: 54
    Options
    I WAS in the 4* transition and with this new system I'll be going back to same strategy I used as a 2* player. Climb to where I can sit without getting constant attacks, push in last couple hours, throw up a 3 hour and I'm done. Hope for the best. Guessing it will be around 600 just like when I was a 2* player. That's what all my work and money has got me with this change. I'm right back to where I was 6 months ago. Makes perfect sense to me:/