Smash Hit - Apr 7 - 9 - Season XIII

Options

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:
    Except in 3* land the only reliable stunner worth having is Steve Rogers. And if you have him on your team, you are target.

So, basically, you hit Hulk big, multiple times in one round or you are toast.

EDIT: Just wanted to add you should ask your Alliance for Widow stun TUs. That way you can bring the team you want and still have that when you are ready to take him down.

Get a good alliance / alliance-mate that holds Widow 1* Blues.

I third this suggestion. I myself hold four extra mbw w/ 5 blue covers each, and send out mine to assist alliance mates. I don't use TUs myself, but the folks swear the stunner makes a difference between winning and losing some difficult matches.
  • puppychow
    Options
    My finalized defense will be xf/cmag, because magneto's yellow will basically eliminate dmg from hulk bombing on my end. And since Hulk will also tank red, I can feed red APs to cmag whenever there is a lot of TU tiles on the board.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    EDIT: Just wanted to add you should ask your Alliance for Widow stun TUs. That way you can bring the team you want and still have that when you are ready to take him down.
    this works better when you don't have alliance trolls that send you squirrel girl TUs instead icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can anyone else with a transitioning team chime in on this also, but I have a loaner and no character above 94 and I'm seeing 250 hulks plus 130-166 teammates at 115 pts?? That is not a good change
  • puppychow
    Options
    the Jekyll-Hyde nature of the MMR is turning up Hyde again for this event. I started seeing 3* teams right after I mopped up the seeds. Unfortunately, this is going to be a tough event to score high again. icon_redface.gif
  • It's such a slow climb. I can't imagine how rough it is for transitioners.
  • Mithic
    Mithic Posts: 16
    Options
    Tarouza wrote:
    Can anyone else with a transitioning team chime in on this also, but I have a loaner and no character above 94 and I'm seeing 250 hulks plus 130-166 teammates at 115 pts?? That is not a good change

Have no one over 94. Using a loaner hulk. Hit 110 points and seeing 130s-166s and above. Usually I can get 300-400 points but this is ridiculous. It is the closest I've come to quitting. I'd be better off selling all my 2*s and hoping my scaling drops or making a new account.
  • Mithic
    Mithic Posts: 16
    Options
    Tarouza wrote:

I can confirm. It's been the most frustrating pvp event in the last several months. Usually I score 300-400 points and I'm happy with a token and 25 hp. This event there was a wall at 110 points. I have no characters over 94.
  • Tarouza wrote:

My highest characters are lvl 94 and I have a wall of 166+ with 70 points...

Guess I'll just simply give up on pvp.
  • nnypirate wrote:
    yeah what is the best way to combat hulk.
    I clear out whoever else then am stuck with hulk and just anger bombs the **** out of me.

what can i do?

Stun, save AP, bring true healer, xforce, etc.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah this event is even more frustrating than the IM one. My max wolvie/hood team gets attacked a ton at 400 points and every team above 500 points is either shielded or eaten alive by the zombie horde. Also super **** rewards and every match is stupid slow thanks to Hulks mega hit points. Definitely not enjoying playing the game right now.
  • LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My only fully covered 3* is DD at 3/5/5 and he's a perfect fit to fight all the hulk/patch teams I'm seeing. Bring along Cage for protection and having the colors covered and it's not a bad squad. Too bad the rewards are also DD.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    My finalized defense will be xf/cmag, because magneto's yellow will basically eliminate dmg from hulk bombing on my end. And since Hulk will also tank red, I can feed red APs to cmag whenever there is a lot of TU tiles on the board.

This is exactly what I am doing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to say Hulk and X-force is a thing of beauty in this PvP. Surgical Strike to clear out the greens, then as many X-forces as you can. And since the board is more or less cleared from green, Hulk can Smash with impunity!
    So far I have been using Loki as the third, but Magneto is very appealing too.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mithic wrote:
    Tarouza wrote:

I can confirm. It's been the most frustrating pvp event in the last several months. Usually I score 300-400 points and I'm happy with a token and 25 hp. This event there was a wall at 110 points. I have no characters over 94.

Also confirming here. I have a Hulk booster to 133 or something, so I'm not sure if that plays into things at all. Regardless, I managed to get to 300 but was seeing 166/270s at around 180. Worth less than 25 points no less!

Something similar seems to have happened in SHIELD sim too. I'm at about 500 points there and already hitting the 166/270 wall. C'mon transitioners, hit me so I can hit you back! We'll get there together!
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I have to say Hulk and X-force is a thing of beauty in this PvP. Surgical Strike to clear out the greens, then as many X-forces as you can. And since the board is more or less cleared from green, Hulk can Smash with impunity!

Yes it is. But remember to use all your xforces before you smash or bye bye green. I did it one already by mistake. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Yes it is. But remember to use all your xforces before you smash or bye bye green. I did it one already by mistake. icon_e_sad.gif
    Very true. Fortunately a green-starved board means the opposing Anger doesn't have a lot of effect.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If it aint broke dont fix it d3p.i and many in our alliance have done if things stay as they are.i get you are a business and u want us to spend more on hp but u have took the fun out of it for a lot of us,well done.golden rule of gaming,dont tamper with a winning formula.you had it please dont lose it because its absurd that all of us that have put the time in this game are being punished.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been using LThor XF on my climb. After a good Thunderstrike, SS can do over 8000 damage, then I just repeatedly XF green. No blue or purple coverage though.
  • can i ask why you wouldn't use 3 star thor?