Women of Marvel Wrap-up

Options
Unknown
Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey All,

Miles from Demiurge here. Just wanted to touch base about what’s happening with character covers now that Women of Marvel month has come to a close.

Based on feedback from the forums and internally, we’ve decided to keep a few of the covers and change a few back.

Changing back to the following covers:
    Captain Marvel (Modern) Captain Marvel (2014) #1 Spider-Man (Classic) Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #700 Thor (Goddess Of Thunder) Thor (2014) #1 (Esad Ribic Design Variant) Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Guardians of the Galaxy: Galaxy's Most Wanted (2014) #1

Keeping the following Women Of Marvel covers:
    Invisible Woman (Classic) S.H.I.E.L.D. (2015) #4 (Women of Marvel Variant) Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2014) #3 (Women of Marvel Variant) Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) Legendary Star-Lord (2014) #10 (Women of Marvel Variant)

Adding all-new cover:
    Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) Uncanny Avengers (2012) #1 (Deadpool Variant)

This change should be appearing in the game any moment now.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds good to me. When is the next round of cover updates? Will there be a rotation? Artists whose last name starts with A... B... C...
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All fine choices. icon_cool.gif
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Cool to see suggestions being noted. Obvioulsy not everyone is going to agree on all of them, although choices seem to reflect a majority of opinions seen. Love that they are changing out the big head DP cover...but IMO the one selected really isn't much better. It's Deadpool, and if you're taking in to account his varients of other comic runs there's heaps upon heaps of funny and creative covers. The Avengers DP variant unless google led me astry is a picture of DP standing....yippie.

While the suggestion box is open I'd say there should be a DP month and all covers possible switched to DP varients!
  • I would strongly support regularly rotating covers - maybe when they come back from being vaulted, or even just x number a month. There's a few of them I'm just tired of looking at (yes, Bullseye, I'm talking about you).
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like that the variant covers have been subtly changed so they bear their series logos - I appreciated having the unadulterated artwork before, but they looked a little bare compared to the other, non-variant covers.
  • And here I thought this post was going to contain an IW buff announcement.
  • I like the new Deadpool cover much better than the previous ones.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Liked all the changes except Star-Lord. New DP is better than the last one but I liked the original one more. IW can go either way but I still remember her release PvE so I have a little fondness for the original.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    awesome!! And as CNash said, thanks for adding each cover's proper titling and whatnot. Love the new Deadpool cover too.
  • Exactly the choices I would have made. Get out of my head! This is what I get for not wearing my tinfoil hat today... icon_razz.gif
  • Aw. I liked the goddess cover. icon_e_sad.gif

Happy that the starlord one is staying though. Love that cover
  • Those are exactly the covers I was hoping for!
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Overall the different covers made for a fun change to the game. A good idea that I hope happens again at some regular frequency.
  • Love all the choices! I just wish you'd also revert Invisible woman back to the original. The variant looks like she is on staplers as other have commented. Otherwise, thanks for the update and reverting some of them back to original.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Those were definitely some of the top for me, loving the new deadpool cover too! Thanks!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Deadpool cover is sick.
  • Every single character affected came out with the best possible cover. Every decision made was right. Thank you D3.
  • While the cover changes are interesting, I have to question the desgin and appearance of some of the female characters. Between both Captain Marvels & KK looking constipated, and Invisible Woman looking like she was decapitated and then had her head sewn back on her neck; the overall look of these characters just doesn't feel or look positive.

Never mind Invisible Woman's skill set being awful and not being re-worked after 20 months.

Also, congrats on nerfing the top female character during the Women of Marvel month. Way to honor the females!!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I would strongly support regularly rotating covers - maybe when they come back from being vaulted, or even just x number a month. There's a few of them I'm just tired of looking at (yes, Bullseye, I'm talking about you).

Agreed, or even just randomly load a diff cover from a pool of 2 or 3 each game load...same with the load screen art!

Maybe it's just me but I feel like little things like this can keep the game feeling fresh somewhat.
  • I'm so happy we're keeping the new Squirrel Girl and Starlord covers.

The new Deadpool cover is pretty good too. I think I still preferred the 8-bit cover,but this one's the second best we've had.