April Foolin' Meme Contest - Winners!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Howdy folks,

Thanks so much to everyone who entered our April Foolin' Meme Contest last week! It was no easy task narrowing down the winners. After a tense afternoon of fisticuffs, high fives, and hugs we've finally narrowed down the list to the dozen winning entries. In-game rewards will begin going out today.

Thanks again to all who participated for sharing your creativity and humor. Here's our selections...

WINNER
(1 x cover of your choice, 500 Hero Points & 5k Iso)

Pinko McFly

30ngefr.png

SECOND PLACE (TIED - yeah, we'll give out two reward packages here)
(500 Hero Points & 5k Iso)

mu7an7

Simulation.35.png

udonomefoo

jntmh.jpg

THIRD PLACE
(250 Hero Points & 2k Iso)

Lidolas

45kNqst.jpeg

HONORABLE MENTIONS
(200 Hero Points)

GrumpySmurf1002

jmwbr.jpg

AznLyte

jou00.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

TazFTW

0rHULe7.png?1

KrazyKeylime

jn5wg.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

mjh

17004359931_87d3eaf93d.jpg

Nellyson

pV31Lnh.png

rixmith

16987193666_d9edbca965_o.png

TheGunslingerr

hJZiEoT.jpg

HONORABLE, HONORABLE MENTION

DuckyV

jn1qm.jpg

Whew! That'll do it. Great stuff. You can find the all of the awesome submissions here.

Winners in the above list please send David [Hi-Fi] Moore a PM with your in-game name to claim your goodies.

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    QedaOO7.jpg

How this didn't win is beyond me, so fitting right now
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    It's too bad he couldn't hold out any longer. So close!

17004359931_87d3eaf93d.jpg
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I thought Lidolas had it in the bag. Wow.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome. Thanks guys and congrats to all of the other winners.
  • IceIX wrote:

icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • IceIX
    gamar wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I totally just played the MGS "alert" sound in my head at that...
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    I laughed so much at Pinko McFly's post...actual real life laughed out loud & for once would've meant it if I had written "lol"... icon_e_wink.gif

Well deserved victory mate! icon_e_biggrin.gif

P.S. Let us know what cover you decide on getting for your prize...I am kind of curious... icon_cool.gif
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I think I'm going yellow 3* thor. I have him at 3/3/5 now so ill have him optimal after the ddq rotation. Other options would be a deadpool red (have him at 4). I got 4 blue hoods but he'll be up in ddq soon as well. I don't have enough 4*s for it to be worth it to take one. Xforce is my best at 1/2/4. So it feels like thor will help me the most both short and long term. Any thoughts on this?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I totally just played the MGS "alert" sound in my head at that...

Don't be alarmed, its just a box.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    I think I'm going yellow 3* thor. I have him at 3/3/5 now so ill have him optimal after the ddq rotation.
    That sounds like a really good plan to me... star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png is one of the most powerful star.pngstar.pngstar.png in the game so it will be very useful to you! icon_cool.gif

I guess that the argument for getting a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover would be that they are harder to earn & the game seems to slowly be shifting towards them being more important to have on your roster...but I think that getting star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png maxed & ideally covered will end up being the better idea since you will be able to step up your game instantly rather than wait for later benefits.

Good on you mate! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I think I'm going yellow 3* thor. I have him at 3/3/5 now so ill have him optimal after the ddq rotation. Other options would be a deadpool red (have him at 4). I got 4 blue hoods but he'll be up in ddq soon as well. I don't have enough 4*s for it to be worth it to take one. Xforce is my best at 1/2/4. So it feels like thor will help me the most both short and long term. Any thoughts on this?

That's a smart move. I would, too.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats pinko! I knew as soon as I saw it that it was the winner. I was really hoping to win just so I could make some heads explode by picking yelena icon_lol.gif
  • mu7an7
    mu7an7 Posts: 34
    Also, well done Pinko.

Also, a question about sending PM's - do they just sit in the outbox until the person it is being sent to is online? Trying to sent David a PM advising my ingame name is Mu7an7 but it is just sitting there. Not that I am in a rush as yet.

Thanks in advance.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    mu7an7 wrote:
    Also, well done Pinko.

Also, a question about sending PM's - do they just sit in the outbox until the person it is being sent to is online? Trying to sent David a PM advising my ingame name is Mu7an7 but it is just sitting there. Not that I am in a rush as yet.

Thanks in advance.

It's in the Outbox until the recipient reads it at which point it becomes Sent.
  • mu7an7
    mu7an7 Posts: 34
    Thanks for the answer, TazFTW.
  • Congrats to all the winners.

Stupid sexy Cyclops is a worthy first place.
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Is it sad that almost all of these are highlighting issues with the game that need to be addressed, some of them not so minor?
    Gotta laugh to prevent yourself from crying right?

Still, pretty great. Thanks to all who made these.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it sad that almost all of these are highlighting issues with the game that need to be addressed, some of them not so minor?

Honestly, I was quite surprised that the devs chose some of those that bashed parts of the game and them. Good on them for having a sense of humor about it.
  • IceIX
    udonomefoo wrote:

Honestly, I was quite surprised that the devs chose some of those that bashed parts of the game and them. Good on them for having a sense of humor about it.
    Remember that we play the game as normal players too. So when I finally finished the push for Kamala just to restart it again for Kingpin, yeah... I probably looked/felt about like Frodo there. And yes, definite thank you to all that put in their time for this. Great laughs (and groans) were had all around!
  • There were tons of good ones and the winners are well deserved. My honorable mention goes to Miles for "Shut up, match hint" it made me laugh when I saw it and now it is what I think when the game gets impatient with me.