Anyone selling 2* Mags for HP?

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I like all my 2*'s but just randomly realised that a fully covered and levelled Mags gets me 550HP, which is something I am always short of, particularly as we have another 872 characters launching in the next week and the HP would get me well on the way to another slot.

The devs seem to have cut back the flow of 2* covers in the game a little now, so it seems like it might take a while to get him back again.

Though there is an overall loss of ISO, are you selling / have you sold 2* Mags or is it just not worth the bother?

Comments

• I thought about doing it and you're basically spending about 20K iso for 500 HP (assuming you rebuild another Magneto later to replace him) which isn't a great ratio but it's not like you get to convert iso 8 to HP very often. However the PvP rotating boost list and the possible PvE content seems to suggest having a lot of characters maxed could be useful later too so I'm currently hoarding all the iso I can just in case.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I haven't sold my main fully-covered one but I've been selling the covers I've been earning since he got nerfed. Made about 300HP off it so far for a very reasonable amount of ISO.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    At what level does Mystique need to be, in order for the HP to kick in?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I have kept my maxed MNMags for the 2* nodes in DPD. I have made about 400 HP by selling him at level 22, which only requires two covers of the same color. Each 2 cover mags gets you 100 HP, and you get most of the ISO back.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    At what level does Mystique need to be, in order for the HP to kick in?
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26130
    Someone has very helpfully compiled the full buy-back data prices here.

This thread reminded me that I had some spare Ragnarok red and green covers so just sold them for 250HP. icon_razz.gif
  • Sold him like 6 times already. I sold my 94, and have kinda regreted it when I can't use him on DDQ now, but the HP was too good. Also pairing up covers of the same color to level to 22 and sell for 100 HP. While the covers may be slightly harder to get, it's not significantly harder over time. I will have a level 94 Mags again, but as long as he's worth HP he has no spot on my roster.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I still have 2* Mags he is still useful teamed with 2* Storm. It's not like he is 2* Cap after all. Cap is the only attack characters that even when bumped to 270 is still does worthless damage.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I sold one, and built a new one, which I levelled to 40 or so, since that's enough to use in DDQ.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold off my Mags for 550 HP, and am planning on selling another one if I can get the covers together before the cut-off. As Phantron pointed out, it's not often you can effectively trade Iso for HP, and I am all about that.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I have kept my maxed MNMags for the 2* nodes in DPD. I have made about 400 HP by selling him at level 22, which only requires two covers of the same color. Each 2 cover mags gets you 100 HP, and you get most of the ISO back.

Yeah, I noticed that last night, too. Appears to actually be more efficient than selling off a fully covered one and rebuild, both HP and especially Iso-wise (except for the geht HP NOW factor).

Does anyone know how long the increased sell price will stay in effect?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've sold two maxed ones and another level 75ish. Since the first one was maxed so long ago, the first two sales in my eyes were net even iso (gained 34k, spent 68k to max the 2nd, got 34 back). So really 1500HP for ~25k iso.

I was seldomly using him anyway, so the HP I got from the 3 was well worth it.
  • I waffled a bit initially on selling him off, but did pull the trigger on both my Steam and Android accounts and don't regret it.
    I have enough well-covered 2* heroes to not need him.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I sold him with every intention of building another one, but every time I start, I see the HP and sell him again. I'm basically adding another 3* to the "fully covered' list every week, so that's some much needed iso I'm spending. But at this point I've made at about 900 HP, which seems worth it to me. I'm sure I would have been using him in the current PvE, but it's not like I'm short on other options.
  • As others have said 2 matching color covers leveled to 22 for 100 hp is the best way to do it. 13 covers maxed only pays you for 12 covers, plus you lose lots of iso.

I'd feel bad about posting a way to game the system, this is already well known though, and part of the game, so in no way a true exploit. MNMAGS covers are harder to come by now anyway. We know the devs don't care about the player either, so if you can pick up an extra 100 or 200 hp towards an overpriced roster slot more power to you.
  • I sold mine 10 days before the option to sell him was offered because I forgot there would be one. icon_mad.gif He was still very low (lv19) and I wasn't using him so it wasn't a big deal. If you are short of HP and you don't use him regularly you might as well sell him. These days you can easily make 10k ISO for each day you play so losing 20-30K won't hurt so much.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Sold him. Had him back to full covers in 10 days. Now that he is MagNerfO, he won't be getting his ISO back.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I kept my original Mags, but I have sold at least 3 of them since sale for 100HP each (must be 2 color - not 2 cover). Combined with Storm and Ares, he makes the DDQ a breeze. Still not sure why every time I use his red it makes a CD tile on the edges - so I use Ares red instead, right after Storm's blue.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Great, I just accidentally sold most of his cover just before I see this thread, it will have worth 200HP icon_cry.gif

Anyway, I still have 2 blue and 1 purple covers for him, but 1 blue will expire in 1 day, so do you think it it is worth selling Lvl 40 Juggernaut just to clear a slot, recruit 2 blue covers, level him to 22 and sell him again for 100HP or wait till I have more covers for him as I have no more slot left ?

If not then, I can always earn the HP back the old fashioned way.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I used him as a coupon for another expensive roster slot.
  • Why is Mags able to sell for HP? Also, how do you get more or less HP from doing so?