Teenage Riot Apr 5 - Apr 7 (Season XIII)

Options
2»

Comments

• Definitely keep hearing the Sonic Youth one. I also love Kamala's "We Can Do It" pose at the end of every battle. Now I only wish she didn't suffer from the DocOck problem of blocking the bottom left corner of the board.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    early transitioner (140 Lthor 4/3/4 and 117 Loki 4/1/4) and I hit a brick 166+ wall at 500 last night. lost 80 pts overnight but was hoping to approach 600 and shield today. hope that solid wall softens. I can take down one 166 depending on who it is but 2 top 166s is a bit more than I care to bite off for now, especially with the boost nerf.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach is in slice 1. Top 3 are all members of The Crewsaders, 1867, 1774, 1610 respectively, #4 is back on 1240.

I call shenanigans.
  • That was a fun welcome home. Thought I was shielded at 900ish - got home and found that I'd been hit for 240 points. Rode the retaliations back up to 990 - got hit a few times, shielded at 930. I can live with that score. I don't need the x-force green, and I'm happy with my result.
  • Was able to make #13, didn't encounter any 270 players, seems like a good deal.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event was so pleasant and stress-free. I guess that's why matchmaking needs to be changed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Was able to make #13, didn't encounter any 270 players, seems like a good deal.

Am at 94 with over 3 hours to go.. really want that hulk cover.. waiting on heals to try a "maybe win" match.. other 2 are solid maxed. If i use a mess of skips, will i eventually get a winnable, or will it keep putting me against these brick walls?
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Am at 94 with over 3 hours to go.. really want that hulk cover.. waiting on heals to try a "maybe win" match.. other 2 are solid maxed. If i use a mess of skips, will i eventually get a winnable, or will it keep putting me against these brick walls?

I'd like to think you'd eventually a matchup you're comfortable with, but...it may not be worth many points...any "winnable" matchup can turn ugly with an unfriendly board or unforgiving cascades...maybe you get lucky and everyone is focusing on the PvE so 94th holds up for 3 hours?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I'd like to think you'd eventually a matchup you're comfortable with, but...it may not be worth many points...any "winnable" matchup can turn ugly with an unfriendly board or unforgiving cascades...maybe you get lucky and everyone is focusing on the PvE so 94th holds up for 3 hours?

Didn't hold up while you were writing this, down to 102, couple more minutes and i can heal and go in for the one i can possibly win.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Uh...I dunno. They changed PVP so much it's anyone's guess.

Honestly, if your roster is limited by level 94, don't worry about top 100s in PVPs. You have deadpool dailies now, and you'll eventually get top 100 in some PVP.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Honestly, if your roster is limited by level 94, don't worry about top 100s in PVPs. You have deadpool dailies now, and you'll eventually get top 100 in some PVP.

Have 2 level 150's, 3Thor (5/5/3) and Doom (5/1/5). They got me top 100 in metal. With enough purples, doom can down just about anyone, just took a loaner/166 mags/166 punisher to get me back to #85.. still a long time to go though.

edit from 2:30 - guess i did something right, got some defensive wins, sitting at #68 with an hour and a half to go.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Maybe the Hulk rewards have reminded everyone that they have Hulk in their roster, because I saw literally nothing else from 500-700. Unfortunate for me, since my R&G strike tile strategy gets run over by Hulk Anger. Luckily, most of them were 3 or less black, and were low enough level that I could one-shot them with Hood yellow, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the next event, will be asking for tons of BW blues I guess!
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Have 2 level 150's, 3Thor (5/5/3) and Doom (5/1/5). They got me top 100 in metal. With enough purples, doom can down just about anyone, just took a loaner/166 mags/166 punisher to get me back to #85.. still a long time to go though.

edit from 2:30 - guess i did something right, got some defensive wins, sitting at #68 with an hour and a half to go.
    wish I would get a defensive win here to solidify things. sitting at 97th with 1hr left. My team is 140 Lthor (4/3/4) and loki (4/1/4) and can't decide to break or hold... very iffy matchups lined up but already spent hundreds of iso on skips. down to 99th now. looks like I try and break now. wish me luck...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Take out Kamala first, her heals can change things for the worse very quickly.. especially when up against someone with a second heal. They get off a heal, then kamala heals them again..
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Take out Kamala first, her heals can change things for the worse very quickly.. especially when up against someone with a second heal. They get off a heal, then kamala heals them again..
    that was not my approach but I got the job done - barely. all 3 characters were below 25% health. lucky to win when they got a moderate cascade early - 4-5 match 3s and bam, here comes abilities firing off. one win got me to 588 at 90th now with 25 min left. 25 hp was nice - help pay for some of the extra shield. hope I don't need one more...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    that was not my approach but I got the job done - barely. all 3 characters were below 25% health. lucky to win when they got a moderate cascade early - 4-5 match 3s and bam, here comes abilities firing off. one win got me to 588 at 90th now with 25 min left. 25 hp was nice - help pay for some of the extra shield. hope I don't need one more...

18 minutes left, just checked in, i shielded after my defensive win, down to 80th, but looks like i would have had another defensive win if i hadn't been shielded... (got the blue +0 sign), which is too bad, but that's how it goes.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

18 minutes left, just checked in, i shielded after my defensive win, down to 80th, but looks like i would have had another defensive win if i hadn't been shielded... (got the blue +0 sign), which is too bad, but that's how it goes.
    not sure but all my attacks have the blue +0 sign when shielded. I think that just means nothing changed, not necessarily that you would have won. I think if you win a defensive win when shielded you still get pts? not sure so i'll defer to someone more experienced. my 588 was not enough and I was lucky enough to find 2 matches containing 94s (one obw/ares and one daken/140storm). not many pts but enough to finish 95. man that was a lot of work. hope you finished in the money mal...
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

not sure but all my attacks have the blue +0 sign when shielded. I think that just means nothing changed, not necessarily that you would have won. I think if you win a defensive win when shielded you still get pts? not sure so i'll defer to someone more experienced. my 588 was not enough and I was lucky enough to find 2 matches containing 94s (one obw/ares and one daken/140storm). not many pts but enough to finish 95. man that was a lot of work. hope you finished in the money mal...
    Yes, you can win points with a shield :

+0 means that you lost the battle, but the shield protected you.
    +X points means you won.
  • This was a strange one - after the torture that was Heavy Metal, I started 80 minutes before the end, and made it to 725 points, #7 spot, without being hit once. I think I only saw a single maxed 3* team in the climb, not a single maxed 4*.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Yes, you can win points with a shield :

+0 means that you lost the battle, but the shield protected you.
    +X points means you won.

Thank you for that info, was wondering about that!