Teenage Riot Apr 5 - Apr 7 (Season XIII)

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
It's been live for hours, no sign of this post yet, so I may as well have a go and see how badly I can stuff it up. Hopefully I have the right dates for the One True Time Zone. And countdowns? Who knows.

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. icon_magneto.pngredflag.png
300. Recruit Token - Teenage Riot
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. 1000 iso8.png
575. 25 imcoin.png
650. Recruit Token - Teenage Riot
725. 50 imcoin.png
800. icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowflag.png
850. 1000 iso8.png
900. Recruit Token - Teenage Riot
950. 1000 iso8.png
1000. icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Ending Time Countdowns

Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I entered and this time I seem to be able to target lower level teams. So no instant max level wall after seed teams. Did they change it back?
  • poomermon wrote:
    I entered and this time I seem to be able to target lower level teams. So no instant max level wall after seed teams. Did they change it back?

I have a feeling that after enough people performed through Heavy Metal, our MMR's started to establish themselves again to a reasonable point on average.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    Either the new MMR needed a full PVP to start working, or the MMR of the lower guys got messed up by them placing higher, like it always is after Balance Of Power has run, or they switched MMR back over a holiday w/o telling anyone, or its simply random.

I'm going with "completely random".
  • Same here. I played until I was 200+, but the enemies are much more manageable. If the MMR needed a pvp to settle to where it should be, the devs could have told us that this is the case. Then we could avoid all the unnecessary comments about how terrible is the new system.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played to 400, went to bed, no attacks overnight. Things seem to be back to normal
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What I find surprising is that I am still matched with 2* teams. Storm/MNM in particular. Wasn't the new system supposed to give matches that were of similar * rank? I went 200->400 fighting almost exclusively 2* teams with only 2-3 of them having Patch or BP. I didn't notice an update, that would suggest the game is using the old system again.
  • Narkon wrote:
    What I find surprising is that I am still matched with 2* teams. Storm/MNM in particular. Wasn't the new system supposed to gave matches that were of similar * rank? I went 200->400 fighting almost exclusively 2* teams with only 2-3 of them having Patch or BP. I didn't notice an update, that would suggest the game is using the old system again.

Are you suggest that you want a hard matchup right from the start?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    For purposes of advancement of scientific knowledge, I actually kept a log for the teams I faced during my soft climb. Basically, I checked/fought the nodes in counter clockwise fashion, from lower left corner and rotating to the right and back again. Here goes:

First set: 3 seeds

Second set: loaner/94Thor/130Hulk; 79 Kamala/104Blade/94Ares; loaner/94Mnmag/94Ares

Third set: loaner/94Loki/104Luke; loaner/94Thor/94Ares; loaner/94Daken/94Ares

Fourth set: loaner/93Johnny/94Daken; loaner/94Marvel(2*)/107Mohawk; loaner/94DD/94Cyclops

Fifth set: loaner/94Daken/94Astwolf; loaner/94Thor/94Daken; loaner/77obw/94Ares

Sixth set: loaner/94Astwolf/94Luke; loaner/94Ares/94Cstorm; loaner/105Loki/128DP

Seventh set: loaner/153Rogers/111Fury; loaner/94Johnny/94obw; loaner/91Cyclops/94Xfw

So basically, for the first 18 matchups, I had 3 seeds and the rest were either two star rosters or transition rosters. Only when Rogers-Fury team showed up did I start seeing solid 3* teams.

I was using a max Patch/Laken to soft climb and breezed through all those rounds in one sitting, without use of a single heal pack. [having Kamala with all three colors unlocked is a godsend.] So from my personal experience at least, it seems MMR is back to normal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'm seeing the usual teams on my way to 600 again.

I'm pretty sure we would have gotten a post from a Red if they hat reset MMR to where it was, so I'm thinking the new system really needed Heavy Metal to start working.

Which begs the question why the devs didn't simply say so *sigh*
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    What I find surprising is that I am still matched with 2* teams. Storm/MNM in particular. Wasn't the new system supposed to gave matches that were of similar * rank? I went 200->400 fighting almost exclusively 2* teams with only 2-3 of them having Patch or BP. I didn't notice an update, that would suggest the game is using the old system again.

Are you suggest that you want a hard matchup right from the start?
    Not at all. I'm just trying to make sense of the new system. Unless I mistaken, the logic behind the change was that we were supposed to fight teams of equal *rank and only fight weaker teams if they scored high enough, but I don't see this in the current pvp. If we are back to where we were, what was the point of the change?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I'm pretty sure we would have gotten a post from a Red if they hat reset MMR to where it was, so I'm thinking the new system really needed Heavy Metal to start working.

Which begs the question why the devs didn't simply say so *sigh*
    You have way too much confidence in them. I'm assuming that since the new event went up over the weekend, no one was around to notice that it defaulted to the old matchmaking algorithm.
  • I guess as people above said its back to normal. I climbed fast to 580 with my transitioner's team and got scared of attacks even though i successfuly defended 1. Panic shielded for 24 hours. Got attacked only once, but still 10 hours till shield expires. I hope I want be gangbanged to top 200, that would be worst spent 300 HP...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In case you guys don't look at the bugs forum, there's a bug in which sometimes the AI's passive heal will go off every time the AI takes a turn. We might want to press someone with red type to address this before the event starts to wind down. This isn't the kind of bug you want to encounter in the middle of a late hop.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I the only one who keeps humming this song while playing this event?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:

I think probably more of us are humming this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKMD8vI1MaM
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

I think probably more of us are humming this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKMD8vI1MaM
    Not Nervana's smells like Teen Spirit?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

I quite liked playing this one on Rock Band on my trusty PS3. Not a fan of the band though, as a cursory glance at my millions of posts in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread will show.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    stowaway wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

I quite liked playing this one on Rock Band on my trusty PS3. Not a fan of the band though, as a cursory glance at my millions of posts in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread will show.

I guess I am the only fan of punk rock. icon_cool.gif
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

Sonic Youth is one of those bands that are basically like, "We dare you to be so uncool as to not like us," where four songs out of five are near-impenetrable walls of (occasionally awesome) sound, and the fifth is a pop song dressed up as punk ("Teenage Riot" being a prime example). The Pixies were the same. Even the Sex Pistols operated on that principle.
  • I was thinking more of teenage wasteland during this pvp.

Anyways, it feels like they undid this mmr change because I got to 600 points by beating up on just 2-3* transitioning rosters. Then I was able to get to 750ish by taking on 3-4* transitioning teams. ( I used mostly patch/lthor and hulk bombed a couple of matches)