Devs: You need to rerun Kamala Khan rewards

Comments

• kelrov wrote:
    everybody had the same problems.

That's not even slightly true.
  • And why is that? Some details? It was the same slog for all my ally mates.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Broke shield @ 932, won 2 and ended at 817 due to more losses than could fit on a page icon_cry.gif
    What a waste of HP to even try to climb.
  • kelrov wrote:
    And why is that? Some details? It was the same slog for all my ally mates.

There were people winning brackets with scores that wouldn't get top 50 in the one I was in. There were people having an easier time than usual, and people having a much, much harder time than usual. This didn't affect everyone the same; it made it much easier for some people, both in absolute and comparative terms, and much harder for others. Some people doubled their normal scores, others halved theirs.

What it looks like it did, I suspect, was slot people into a variety of categories based on roster. If you were at the top of that category, you were seeing people at your level or below, and had an easy time of things. If you were at the bottom of that category, you were primarily (or solely) seeing people leveled higher than you, and were miserable.
  • I don't pvp much now, but I thought I'd leap in with 3 hours left and found I was getting pretty strong opponents as soon as the 3 seeds were out of the way. Didn't even bother trying to climb.

That's just in case anyone was wondering if mmr was a factor - I didn't score over 200 in the last two pvp's combined.
  • MarCr wrote:
    I was pushing as normal and had got myself up to 860, I was about to make the push to 1k as depressing as it was when I realised I was part of the problem. When they get the data back all they will see is the end number without seeing the joyless slog that took me there. So I dropped my shield and I'm now sitting about 500 and I don't intend to hit again. I feel bad for my alliance that I'll bring the total down, but im not prepared to play the game in its present form. I would urge everyone else to do the same, vote with your feet and don't just complain but play on as normal. They have shown that their major concern is numbers on a balance sheet, so give them numbers that they wont be very happy about.
    I do not believe they will see your drop of points show up on their spreadsheet. Therefore only affecting your alliance rank and season rank. You don't feel bad enough that you purposely hurt your alliance ranking. If your not prepared to play game in current form then don't.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    There were people winning brackets with scores that wouldn't get top 50 in the one I was in.

This was true before the MM "tweak." Not sure it directly impacted it this event. That said, 1100 barely got you T10 in my bracket. And there were people winning with 7xx....same rewards. How is that fair?
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    There were people winning brackets with scores that wouldn't get top 50 in the one I was in.

This was true before the MM "tweak." Not sure it directly impacted it this event. That said, 1100 barely got you T10 in my bracket. And there were people winning with 7xx....same rewards. How is that fair?

It's not..
    And I'm not just "people".

I think the problems that are being talked about on here are only being seen by people who were already gaming the system, or tanking, or something like that. I never saw maxed 3*s right after seeds... But I also basically haven't tried tanking in 2015 and have always had to fight tough matches during my climbs.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    puppychow wrote:
    MarCr wrote:
    I was pushing as normal and had got myself up to 860, I was about to make the push to 1k as depressing as it was when I realised I was part of the problem. When they get the data back all they will see is the end number without seeing the joyless slog that took me there. So I dropped my shield and I'm now sitting about 500 and I don't intend to hit again. I feel bad for my alliance that I'll bring the total down, but im not prepared to play the game in its present form. I would urge everyone else to do the same, vote with your feet and don't just complain but play on as normal. They have shown that their major concern is numbers on a balance sheet, so give them numbers that they wont be very happy about.

While I appreciate your sentiments, i'll be honest. If I'm your commander, I would seriously consider booting u.

I find your lack of faith disturbing, commander.
  • I do not believe they will see your drop of points show up on their spreadsheet. Therefore only affecting your alliance rank and season rank. You don't feel bad enough that you purposely hurt your alliance ranking. If your not prepared to play game in current form then don't.

AVG() function possibly, which I'm guessing was well down on the shield and total score columns. Tho someone going through a physical spread sheet just looking for my score would be a lovely piece of nostalgia; like spangles, the return of the ice age and ration books.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the total disaster that's going on in Kamala Khan's introductory PVP, you need to run a PVP with a functional matchmaking system sooner rather than later. If this catastrophe had happened when Mohawk Storm rewards were being given out, it wouldn't be a tenth the problem it is, but the game is just failing utterly during the most important PVP in the last month.

Ben, your voice was heard icon_e_smile.gif

We are having another round of KK rewards!
  • atomzed wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the total disaster that's going on in Kamala Khan's introductory PVP, you need to run a PVP with a functional matchmaking system sooner rather than later. If this catastrophe had happened when Mohawk Storm rewards were being given out, it wouldn't be a tenth the problem it is, but the game is just failing utterly during the most important PVP in the last month.

Yay!

(That said, hope purple is the low/alliance one)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the RNG rolls yellow AGAIN I'm going to be a little upset. I randomly pulled one the other day - to go along with the one I got from PVE - and the two from PVP - and the one that is coming up in progression - don't even need to go for the one at 800....some other colors would be nice to see. The RNG is looking less "random" all the time, with the weakest cover being given over and over every single time...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If the RNG rolls yellow AGAIN I'm going to be a little upset. I randomly pulled one the other day - to go along with the one I got from PVE - and the two from PVP - and the one that is coming up in progression - don't even need to go for the one at 800....some other colors would be nice to see. The RNG is looking less "random" all the time, with the weakest cover being given over and over every single time...

I agree with you that it looks strange that certain covers are given more than others.... But I will disagree with you that the yellow is the weakest cover.If you look at the character thread, a lot of veteran players say that it's a good ability that the best build is arguably a 5/X/X.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    so NOW i know who has the clout around here!!!

cheers fellow Care Bear...i'll be in touch in alliance chat to talk to you about some completely self serving dev proposals icon_twisted.gif
  • evil panda wrote:
    so NOW i know who has the clout around here!!!

cheers fellow Care Bear...i'll be in touch in alliance chat to talk to you about some completely self serving dev proposals icon_twisted.gif

I've always wanted enough power to go mad with it.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    atomzed wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Where was this posted?
  • Cymmina wrote:
    Where was this posted?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27107

Second to last line.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now if they could just change Hulk rewards, we just played for DD last season
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now if they could just change Hulk rewards, we just played for DD last season