Devs: You need to rerun Kamala Khan rewards

Given the total disaster that's going on in Kamala Khan's introductory PVP, you need to run a PVP with a functional matchmaking system sooner rather than later. If this catastrophe had happened when Mohawk Storm rewards were being given out, it wouldn't be a tenth the problem it is, but the game is just failing utterly during the most important PVP in the last month.

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the total disaster that's going on in Kamala Khan's introductory PVP, you need to run a PVP with a functional matchmaking system sooner rather than later. If this catastrophe had happened when Mohawk Storm rewards were being given out, it wouldn't be a tenth the problem it is, but the game is just failing utterly during the most important PVP in the last month.

Yeah, and that's glossing over the fact that this pvp will directly influence how you place in the next pvp.

A boosted Kamala is going to do work in her featured PvP, which (outside of a correction on behalf of the devs) is to follow. What's the reward for that PvP? No less than a 4*, Wilson Fisk. So not only is this issue a big one, but it directly impacts your ability to perform in the next PvP which has major rewards on the line itself.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    To address the above, kingpin won't be the PvP award cause he won't be officially released until the pve ends in 5 days, so it might be the one after. Still the argument stands, and even if it were an off season event the criticism would be just as valid.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the matchmaking make it so that top players perform worse and bottom players perform better?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    Does the matchmaking make it so that top players perform worse and bottom players perform better?
    Yes
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I completely agree, but you're assuming that what we're seeing in pvp isnt what the devs wanted to happen. Unfortunately, I'm hesitant to make that assumption
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    how bad is it.. have not started it yet. plan on jumping with like 4 hours left.... instead of rerunning it how about just given everyone the covers . then again low score here and nothing to replace it could screw you over in season score.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    how bad is it.. have not started it yet. plan on jumping with like 4 hours left.... instead of rerunning it how about just given everyone the covers . then again low score here and nothing to replace it could screw you over in season score.

You need to go in way before that. If you have 3 / 4 star characters, 4 hours will get you to maybe 500. Maybe.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    This too shall pass.
  • slidecage wrote:
    lets know with your experience jumping in late. but i started from the beginning and after 3 seed teams i fought maxed 3* and 200+4*s the rest of the time in the middle it got a little easier i guess people were running out of healthpack.png and started using loaners. but a tough climb from the beginning
  • I was pushing as normal and had got myself up to 860, I was about to make the push to 1k as depressing as it was when I realised I was part of the problem. When they get the data back all they will see is the end number without seeing the joyless slog that took me there. So I dropped my shield and I'm now sitting about 500 and I don't intend to hit again. I feel bad for my alliance that I'll bring the total down, but im not prepared to play the game in its present form. I would urge everyone else to do the same, vote with your feet and don't just complain but play on as normal. They have shown that their major concern is numbers on a balance sheet, so give them numbers that they wont be very happy about.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    lets know with your experience jumping in late. but i started from the beginning and after 3 seed teams i fought maxed 3* and 200+4*s the rest of the time in the middle it got a little easier i guess people were running out of healthpack.png and started using loaners. but a tough climb from the beginning

have some 3 stars but highest i have is 2 stars around level 85.... oversleeped and jumping in with hour to go. Ususally get top 100 lets see what happens

Jump with 1 hour and 10 mins left..... was able to get 444 pts and got 63rd. top had 817 pts... found this event harder then usually had to spend around 1500 to 2000 ISO just to find better fights...

Edit now you ask me if the new ranking helped. I would say no? i have no clue will take longer to see cause before the change i was getting 300 to 450 depending on brackets so i will say it might of gave me around 50 to 75 pts more but will see on tuesday. So far still in line for 4000 pt season AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    "Total Disaster"
    "Catastrophe"

You guys love your drama around here.

Rerun the event? Why?

Top 10 alliances at the time of this post are filled with the regular top players who make up various X-Men, Crewsaders, Immortal Rage, Skynet, etc. This is hardly an earth shattering catastrophe in terms of leaderboard results.

ALL of the top 10 players in my current pvp bracket have 2 or more fully covered 4*. All of them are leveled 270 except one player who stopped at level 250.

Not a big fan of this MMR change but things aren't nearly as dire as the forums are trying to make them out to be. If they decide to keep these change...I'd strongly urge they further lower the progression rewards a tad since 1000 prog reward feels like it's quite a bit more difficult to achieve now.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    MarCr wrote:
    I was pushing as normal and had got myself up to 860, I was about to make the push to 1k as depressing as it was when I realised I was part of the problem. When they get the data back all they will see is the end number without seeing the joyless slog that took me there. So I dropped my shield and I'm now sitting about 500 and I don't intend to hit again. I feel bad for my alliance that I'll bring the total down, but im not prepared to play the game in its present form. I would urge everyone else to do the same, vote with your feet and don't just complain but play on as normal. They have shown that their major concern is numbers on a balance sheet, so give them numbers that they wont be very happy about.

While I appreciate your sentiments, i'll be honest. If I'm your commander, I would seriously consider booting u.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know about re-running this exact event, per se, but giving another shot at Kamala would definitely be the most favorable user outcome, since the chances had such drastic influences on people's performance.
  • slidecage
    I say give everyone a blue and then have a 50% more HP sale icon_e_smile.gif

i really want to buy her covers but i know for a fact she will be NERFED big time within the next 90 days. I mean toss here with a Loki (5 pink) and WOLV 6 green almost ever other move you can heal yourself for 900+ hp
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

i really want to buy her covers but i know for a fact she will be NERFED big time within the next 90 days. I mean toss here with a Loki (5 pink) and WOLV 6 green almost ever other move you can heal yourself for 900+ hp
    Which is useless since it's not true healing.

She's good, yes, but the reason is not her yellow.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    So, how did it go? Did anyone manage to get the covers they were after?
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Which is useless since it's not true healing.

She's good, yes, but the reason is not her yellow.
    I think ti might very well be. Her green is a huge nuke and her purple is a borderline OP ap ability, but yellow starts working early and continues working throughout the match. The reason some supports like hood and loki are balanced is that you can kill them early enough that they don't take over. If every time you use an ability everyone is healed for 2k....it might be a big problem.
  • puppychow wrote:

While I appreciate your sentiments, i'll be honest. If I'm your commander, I would seriously consider booting u.

Sounds like a nice homely alliance you got running there icon_e_smile.gif
  • Placement was not the issue, everybody had the same problems. Except for a weird transitioner who could stay at 800 unshielded the whole time.
    Progression reward was the issue. Blue thora the first time since a long time and then this -.-
    Thx d3 :/