Guess no one will be fixed/buffed

2»

Comments

• I'm sure most of you are noticing that many new characters have the same colors and similar abilities to characters that could use a fix/buff:

Beast --> Grocket
    Colossus --> Luke Cage
    Invisible Woman --> Professor X
    GSBW --> Kamala Khan

Those are off the top of my head, I am sure there is others.

It seems that with the pressure to add new characters that sometimes they simply take ideas for fixing older characters and just applying them to new characters. The last time I recall they remade a character was Daredevil back in December and that was to coincide with Elektra's release (Rags does not count!).

I like when they reintroduce a character with new/improved abilities instead of bringing a new one in but lately they brought back Punisher, GSBW, Ironman40 with no buff and now they are behind the curve with the new cast. I understand they want to sell covers but when a character has been vaulted for months, these are new characters to many players plus if you fix bad skills maybe the vets will buy the cover. Think of Black Panther with a new blue skill or giving people a reason to have more than 2 Ironman40 yellow cover.

Thoughts?

They already "buffed" Ragnarok, what do you want from them? a blood donation?

Here are my thoughts on balance currently: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26708

PS: Professor X > Hawkeye as well
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I'll say it again, not every character needs a full redo after six months of "thoughtful" analysis and "careful" planning. 13-23 AP for Unibeam and 20-30 AP for Ballistic Salvo is foolishness. Just take a moment out of your "busy" day and fix him already, or you should have left him in the vault, kept him out of featured rotation, and pretended he didn't exist...pretty much the way everyone else does most of the time.
    Is power creep really that big of a problem? Cyclops is better in the AI's hands, but I'm still glad to have my IM40 when he's buffed.

On my Roster, right now, I've got Cyclops and IM40 each buffed to Lvl 160 and each with Lvl 4 redflag.png abilities. IM40 does 4025 dmg for 13 redtile.png AP (plus the drain). Cyclops does 2717 dmg for 10 redtile.png AP. Guess who's redflag.png I'm using in TaT?

Actually, it depends! But the point is that IM40 is not obsolete. Neither is gsBW. The Daredevil rework was very good, but I still don't see him used in PvP. An IM40 upgrade would just stifle enthusiasm for Cyclops, at best.

Yes, it wouldn't be a big deal for the Devs to reduce AP costs, but its not a big deal that they don't. These characters get buffed all the time even if they don't get a rework.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    jackstar0 wrote:
    You're saying that like people don't have maxed or near-maxed Kingpins already.
    You're saying that as if that's a typical gameplay experience the designers ought to address, and not a completely aberrant outlier that can safely be ignored because it won't affect the experience of 99.99% of us.

You mean they shouldn't pay attention to the people who pay loads of cash into them?

And still, all it did was make your game a little more challenging and time-eating. It was doing those things already to a lesser degree. Not sure why this is beyond the pale for you all.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    This is the only game that constantly tries to take away my advantage which I SHOULD have after 517 days played, having put in my money during that time.

At day 450 consecutive, with a handful of maxed 3*, and a couple of hundred spent on roster spots and covers, I should be playing PvP's for the one 4* cover to start that transition, and yet after 400 points in PvP, I hit a wall of 250+ that I can't beat stopping me in my tracks while the top player in the slice is over 1000 points.

Since the last game update, I can count on the following things:

- if I play matches against lvl 94 heros, my 166's win but take a ton of damage - basically showing me that hero level means very little in this game
    - the CPU to get a ridiculous number of cascades in every match doing a lot of damage to my heroes, meaning without health packs I can't play as long as I would prefer
    - the CPU finding cascades that take away the last 2 or 3 of a color I need to get off an ability that will end the match, and every time it looks like on my next turn I will get the final ones I need, another cascade will come from nowhere and take them away again - I can actually predict them now - thus prolonging the match
    - the CPU's last hero will survive my last attack by 2 or 3 points which allows him to get off one or two more larger attacks - I still win but I end up taking more damage.

I cannot remember the last time my 166 Black Panther came out of a match with more than half his life (even when PvP against lvl 94 2*) and it is now getting very tiresome...

The sad part is I love the gameplay - match 3 with Marvel super heroes so it's tough to stop playing - it is very apparent the game developers/distributors don't feel the same loyalty to it's customers that have been playing continuously and have funded a large portion of the game.

This game should be getting easier to advance as I should have some advantages that have come from grinding out/paying for covers/ISO for the last 450 days. Instead, unless I am buying cover packs or I get lucky with tokens, the move to 4* will never happen. And that feels to be by design $$$ ...
  • CybrGamr wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This is the only game that constantly tries to take away my advantage which I SHOULD have after 517 days played, having put in my money during that time.

At day 450 consecutive, with a handful of maxed 3*, and a couple of hundred spent on roster spots and covers, I should be playing PvP's for the one 4* cover to start that transition, and yet after 400 points in PvP, I hit a wall of 250+ that I can't beat stopping me in my tracks while the top player in the slice is over 1000 points.

Since the last game update, I can count on the following things:

- if I play matches against lvl 94 heros, my 166's win but take a ton of damage - basically showing me that hero level means very little in this game
    - the CPU to get a ridiculous number of cascades in every match doing a lot of damage to my heroes, meaning without health packs I can't play as long as I would prefer
    - the CPU finding cascades that take away the last 2 or 3 of a color I need to get off an ability that will end the match, and every time it looks like on my next turn I will get the final ones I need, another cascade will come from nowhere and take them away again - I can actually predict them now - thus prolonging the match
    - the CPU's last hero will survive my last attack by 2 or 3 points which allows him to get off one or two more larger attacks - I still win but I end up taking more damage.

I cannot remember the last time my 166 Black Panther came out of a match with more than half his life (even when PvP against lvl 94 2*) and it is now getting very tiresome...

The sad part is I love the gameplay - match 3 with Marvel super heroes so it's tough to stop playing - it is very apparent the game developers/distributors don't feel the same loyalty to it's customers that have been playing continuously and have funded a large portion of the game.

This game should be getting easier to advance as I should have some advantages that have come from grinding out/paying for covers/ISO for the last 450 days. Instead, unless I am buying cover packs or I get lucky with tokens, the move to 4* will never happen. And that feels to be by design $$$ ...

Why are your 166s taking damage against 94s? Don't u have luke cage/daken/patch/blade/Rocket & Groot?

If you have so much problem with CPU opponents, you may not want to play this game at all - that's all we do.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I'll say it again, not every character needs a full redo after six months of "thoughtful" analysis and "careful" planning. 13-23 AP for Unibeam and 20-30 AP for Ballistic Salvo is foolishness.
    I always thought so too, but in this brave new world where PvP battles can take forever, I ended up getting hit with a shtload of those.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Why are your 166s taking damage against 94s? Don't u have luke cage/daken/patch/blade/Rocket & Groot?

If you have so much problem with CPU opponents, you may not want to play this game at all - that's all we do.

Exactly my point - since the last update this has been far worse that it ever was. I never used to get hit as hard as I do now - it is constant cascades every match - I don't get near the number of cascades the CPU does unless the match is over (the last move is always a big cascade for me it seems). If I deny a color to the CPU, he always seems to get it on the next cascade...

I put in three hours yesterday and it is simply frustrating sometimes the luck the CPU shows. I still manage to finish top 100, top 50 if I shield hop, but nowhere near the 4 star covers.

I have not been lucky enough to draw the covers required for many of the heroes you mentioned above - I use a 166 LThor, 166 BP and the featured hero - and I substitute GSBW when Panther is down. Doom is at 120 with full covers and Hood is at 100 with full covers - working those next... I am close on Patch 5/1/5, but still around 100, and LDaken is only at 3/2/3 at 65 - but I guess I might want to put a little effort into those two as well...
  • CybrGamr wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Exactly my point - since the last update this has been far worse that it ever was. I never used to get hit as hard as I do now - it is constant cascades every match - I don't get near the number of cascades the CPU does unless the match is over (the last move is always a big cascade for me it seems). If I deny a color to the CPU, he always seems to get it on the next cascade...

I put in three hours yesterday and it is simply frustrating sometimes the luck the CPU shows. I still manage to finish top 100, top 50 if I shield hop, but nowhere near the 4 star covers.

I have not been lucky enough to draw the covers required for any of the heroes you mentioned above - I use a 166 LThor, 166 BP and the featured hero - and I substitute GSBW when Panther is down. Doom is at 120 with full covers and Hood is at 100 with full covers - working those next... I am close on Patch 5/1/5, but still around 100, and LDaken is only at 3/2/3 at 65 - but I guess I might want to put a little effort into those two as well...

Well I'm sorry to hear that. My first 166 was Daken cuz I needed someone to mindlessly tank things(including 94s in PVP). Really, if you can u should consider getting a 166 rocket/Daken/Patch to deal with lower level ****. Only used 1 health pack last PVP
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    CybrGamr wrote:
    I've noticed that the last few weeks, I've had the AI survive by 2-7 points, then unleash all it's AP and TU, before dying the next round, nearly wiping out half my team. It very seldom happened before (i want to say never... but i can't absolutely say Never) now it happens very frequently. I don't understand why it's happening the last few weeks.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2015
    To OP,
    I'm annoyed, with GSBW to KK

I'm not annoyed at any other. Luke Cage doesn't seem like a 'fixed' Colossus to me. They play differently, the common denominator is - they are tanks. Where LK does better damage himself, Colossus shines with his fastball special.

I SERISOULY want there to be an eye put towards adjusting old characters for power creep. It sucks to have a page of lvl 166 characters that you never use unless boosted, not because they aren't the fotm, but because they are sub-par 166 due to age (like Punisher). And what's more annoying about it is those characters like punisher - only need number adjustments. I don't feel like GSBW needs real power changes. I just want her a tiny bit more durable such that there is a CHANCE that I can get off her green attack - or her green attack is ready sooner for a chance to get it off. I mean she's really 3* Thor with 2/5 of his health, and her 'yellow' doesn't do upfront damage, while her green has some board shake-up. I'm not asking for Thor health, just an update to either survivability or expedite her ability to do dmg. Punisher is the same, his powers are FINE, just give him more health and increase his strike tile dmg.

But we are stuck waiting for them to get around to it as the pump out more and more characters that make the older ones more and more useless.
    - Unreall

That is probably their plan. Useless 166ers now past their prime are scraped for the shiny new toy = investment in the past + investment now. Additionally, newer players don't know who's good or bad and will buy up roster slots for every cover they get.

It's a **** system with a **** endgame desiged for max profit by chewing through the customer base and expecting an inexhaustible supply of new players to replace those fed up with getting fleeced.

The better system is, of course, to find a way to stay profitable while maintaining an enjoyable experience for all customers. It really isn't rocket science and is fairly easy to do, a great place to start is to listen to your customers.

We've seen a couple positive steps in this direction over the last week. They are furtive first steps and I for one hope to see the game improve dramatically in the next couple months as d3 continues to work on it.

...you are still working on it, right?
  • jackstar0 wrote:

I appreciate that you played the mid-game and handled it. I'm not sure why the challenge of PvP shouldn't always be there though...

It still is there, just different challenges for different level players, which is as it should be.
  • On my Roster, right now, I've got Cyclops and IM40 each buffed to Lvl 160 and each with Lvl 4 redflag.png abilities. IM40 does 4025 dmg for 13 redtile.png AP (plus the drain). Cyclops does 2717 dmg for 10 redtile.png AP. Guess who's redflag.png I'm using in TaT?

Yes, it wouldn't be a big deal for the Devs to reduce AP costs, but its not a big deal that they don't. These characters get buffed all the time even if they don't get a rework.
    You're looking at lvl4 abilites instead of lvl5, newer characters tends to have heavy number changes at last 2 covers to make 'builds' feel different.

IM40 166 at 5 Red is 3559 damage for 13 redtile.png + 2 AP from all other colours. Cyclops 166 at 5 Red is 4283 + 500 (destroyed tiles) damage for 10 redtile.png

You can't say with straight face that there is even remote chance you'll use IM40 red over Cyclops. Like, only time it happens is when IM40 got 'big' buff while Cyclops gets none, which is about once per year in PvE given how many 3*s we have. And that's his 'good' ability, his blue is 20 AP+ garbage that is overcosted by 8 + all drains (now if it was 12 AP + drain and destroyed+generated AP drain+3 basic tiles you could have something pretty viable).
  • Nivrax wrote:
    On my Roster, right now, I've got Cyclops and IM40 each buffed to Lvl 160 and each with Lvl 4 redflag.png abilities. IM40 does 4025 dmg for 13 redtile.png AP (plus the drain). Cyclops does 2717 dmg for 10 redtile.png AP. Guess who's redflag.png I'm using in TaT?

You're looking at lvl4 abilites instead of lvl5, newer characters tends to have heavy number changes at last 2 covers to make 'builds' feel different.

IM40 166 at 5 Red is 3559 damage for 13 redtile.png + 2 AP from all other colours. Cyclops 166 at 5 Red is 4283 + 500 (destroyed tiles) damage for 10 redtile.png

You can't say with straight face that there is even remote chance you'll use IM40 red over Cyclops. Like, only time it happens is when IM40 got 'big' buff while Cyclops gets none, which is about once per year in PvE given how many 3*s we have. And that's his 'good' ability, his blue is 20 AP+ garbage that is overcosted by 8 + all drains (now if it was 12 AP + drain and destroyed+generated AP drain+3 basic tiles you could have something pretty viable).

On the other hand, D3 themselves released Ragnarok 3.0, who they consider "buffed" - so I don't blame this person for not being able to see the difference between IM and Cyke
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I'll say it again, not every character needs a full redo after six months of "thoughtful" analysis and "careful" planning. 13-23 AP for Unibeam and 20-30 AP for Ballistic Salvo is foolishness. Just take a moment out of your "busy" day and fix him already, or you should have left him in the vault, kept him out of featured rotation, and pretended he didn't exist...pretty much the way everyone else does most of the time.

they could at least just remove the additional costs for those two. the base cost would still be too high but it would at least be a start to make IM40 playable.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    metabelian wrote:
    just different challenges for different level players, which is as it should be.

Games do this to keep things challenging as you grow but MPQ is doing it in a way that punishes you for winning or improving.
    It doesn't stay challenging it get's harder - i.e. if you did great in the last PVE your next bracket will be one with people who do great in pve too forcing you to work even harder to get the same spot. It's not fun to see other people win easier brackets with half your score when you didn't even come close to winning in yours.