Bring back multiple boosted 3* in PVP

2»

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    If its per event I don't really care, that's what its going to be anyway for the next time they are featured. The week long thing was kinda stupid, it should be locked into 1 event on a rotating schedule. PvE already has featured + 3 or so minor buffs (which have no bearing on the next event), I don't see why PvP needs a weeklong fest.
  • I always thought the buffed list is locked for a week because it'd be too much work to come up with a new list every event.

The HP tiers probably should be brought closer together, which is probably why the new Cyclops/Iron Fist HP tier which is becoming more common. Fundamentally there's just almost no way a guy with 5K HP can be balanced to a guy with 12K HP like Hulk. Either The Hood is just way better at what he does to justify having 40% the HP and is overpowered, or that you just described Storm who pretty much is never used. I think eliminating The Hood and HT HP tier, and bump the existing guys to 6800 HP and make the existing 6800 HP guys into Cyclops HP tier should work. They probably should eliminate Hulk's HP tier, but he happens to be fairly balanced so I wouldn't mind Hulk staying in the game as an exception. The new characters will range from 6800 HP to Thor's tier (10Kish). Obviously some characters will have to be adjusted accordingly. This will put the top HP tier guy (Thor tier) at about 50% more HP than the lowest HP tier instead of more than 100% HP right now (between Hulk and The Hood).
  • dkffiv
    You forgot about the 5950 tier. The 10k tier is too high, 2* teams can't deal enough damage to kill 3* Thor and a lot of 3*s were having trouble dealing with 4hor. Ares/Jugg/Venom have way more health than they need in PvE and since their solution to PvP is to make people scale way harder than they were ever intended to I would like to see this addressed. Most "tanks" already have outstanding damage, they don't need to hit that hard AND have twice as much health as everyone else.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    You forgot about the 5950 tier. The 10k tier is too high, 2* teams can't deal enough damage to kill 3* Thor and a lot of 3*s were having trouble dealing with 4hor. Ares/Jugg/Venom have way more health than they need in PvE and since their solution to PvP is to make people scale way harder than they were ever intended to I would like to see this addressed. Most "tanks" already have outstanding damage, they don't need to hit that hard AND have twice as much health as everyone else.

5950 is HT's tier. Thor is hard to beat because he's too strong overall. She-Hulk and Sentry has the same HP and is certainly quite beatable for a 2* team. A 2* team would have a hard time beating Iron Fist too just because of how punishing his attack tile is and despite not being a particularly high HP guy. Ares/Jugg both have problem in that self damage doesn't matter when you scaled to the point where you can one shot someone. At the level they're intended I think Ares is very strong but not broken since he doesn't quite do enough damage to knock out the opposing team and you can take advantage of the self-damage aspect of Onslaught (giving green AP can be thought of a self-damage) and Sunder. Juggernaut might have been intended to be some sort of boss as I remember he hits extremely hard in prologue and either way he's obviously not meant to be balanced at high levels. Venom I don't see a problem as he only has one offensive move and it hits hard but it's nothing like Headbutt or Sunder. His stun is surprisingly annoying but I think tanks should have moves that have strong non direct damage effects.
  • dkffiv
    Phantron wrote:
    5950 is HT's tier. Thor is hard to beat because he's too strong overall. She-Hulk and Sentry has the same HP and is certainly quite beatable for a 2* team. A 2* team would have a hard time beating Iron Fist too just because of how punishing his attack tile is and despite not being a particularly high HP guy. Ares/Jugg both have problem in that self damage doesn't matter when you scaled to the point where you can one shot someone. At the level they're intended I think Ares is very strong but not broken since he doesn't quite do enough damage to knock out the opposing team and you can take advantage of the self-damage aspect of Onslaught (giving green AP can be thought of a self-damage) and Sunder. Juggernaut might have been intended to be some sort of boss as I remember he hits extremely hard in prologue and either way he's obviously not meant to be balanced at high levels. Venom I don't see a problem as he only has one offensive move and it hits hard but it's nothing like Headbutt or Sunder. His stun is surprisingly annoying but I think tanks should have moves that have strong non direct damage effects.

Pre-nerf Sentry was moderately hard to beat with a 2* team due to his speed and damage. If She-Hulk's green + blue were competitive she'd probably be a nightmare for 2*. As is, her red will lay down a serious smackdown - the question is how hard is it to deny 9 red AP when your target has 10k hp. Regardless, the point is that those characters don't need that much HP. Venom may not be the biggest threat but does he really need twice as much HP as Yelena?