110% positive that the devs are trying to SLOW the *2 Play

Comments

• Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    For whatever reason, this made the developers feel a need to halt or I guess just slow down their transitions.

The average time that it takes players to complete the 2-star-only mission in Deadpool's Daily Quest changed as a result of all the things you mention....

...from 209.08 seconds to 209.29 seconds.

We knew that those changes could theoretically have that impact, so even though it didn't feel any slower in testing we've been keeping an eye on it, but it's not happening.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    For whatever reason, this made the developers feel a need to halt or I guess just slow down their transitions.

The average time that it takes players to complete the 2-star-only mission in Deadpool's Daily Quest changed as a result of all the things you mention....

We knew that those changes could theoretically have that impact, so even though it didn't feel any slower in testing we've been keeping an eye on it, but it's not happening.
    More of this sort of data please, Will!

I'm almost literally on the floor laughing at this post icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The average time that it takes players to complete the 2-star-only mission in Deadpool's Daily Quest changed as a result of all the things you mention....

YOU'RE STEALING 0.4 SECONDS OF MY LIFE EVERY DAY YOU MONSTERS!!!!!!!!
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Ben Grimm wrote:

YOU'RE STEALING 0.4 SECONDS OF MY LIFE EVERY DAY YOU MONSTERS!!!!!!!!

Just curious, how did they steal the other .19 seconds?

Do you have any idea how this adds up? In a year of playing you would lose a full minute and a half of your life!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Do you have any idea how this adds up? In a year of playing you would lose a full minute and a half of your life!

I've already lost 2000+ hours of my life to the game, what's another 90 seconds.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    TLCstormz wrote:

Ha!

Though to be fair, the charge is that the change makes the main survival mission harder for players with 2* rosters, thus slowing the transition, not that it slows down the 2-star-only mission. I mean, it doesn't, but that's the charge.

Still...HA!
  • Roswulf wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Ha!

Though to be fair, the charge is that the change makes the main survival mission harder for players with 2* rosters, thus slowing the transition, not that it slows down the 2-star-only mission. I mean, it doesn't, but that's the charge.

Still...HA!
    My lv94 Magneto/Storm/MsMarvel is pretty much a sure shot for big enchilada with no boosts. No recent changes worsened my DDQ experience. So I disagree that it slowed down my transition.
    Big enchilada was tougher when my 2* roster was underleveled. But, Hey! you know what to do if that's the case - level them up.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Dauthi wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I almost posted this exact same theory when the 2* Magneto nerfs were announced, but I figured I would just let it fly, hoping that it was just thinking the worst.

I'm pretty sure you are still just complaining about the magneto nerf.
    -MNMags nerf (which therefore almost kills the go to team for crazy scaled goon nodes (I.E. DDQ)
    -Indirect nerf to cStorm

Both are about the magneto nerf.
    -Only +2 Stockpiled AP colors allowed in matches

I am pretty sure this effects shield hopping way more than 2*s doing daily deadpools.... icon_lol.gif

I think everyone on the forums should be happy you never had a 4* Thor, god knows how much you would rage about something legitimate icon_e_wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I don't know you or anything, so the rudeness was completely unnecessary.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Just to slow the pile-on, I think the original poster's concern was a totally legitimate fear to have - it's very difficult when game systems change to foresee all of their effects on players of all different types. We were concerned enough about it that it was something we looked at. The worry wasn't realized in this case.

The completion time in the final survival mission varies a lot more than the 2-star-only mission, based on which version of that mission is running, but things don't appear to have changed there - the average remains in the 11-13 minute range. I've also looked at win rates and income (in terms of Hero Points, Iso-8, and covers) and they seem to have stayed the same or gotten better for players who mostly use 2-stars over the last month of changes.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    P.S.
    For those of you who are OUT of the transition.....I beg you.....please do not come in here acting all high and mighty and "get better". Please.

You needn't be finished with the transition.
    1NZZAi9l.jpg

All 2 stars.
    No boosts (you can see by my teamup bars)
    No op team ups used.
    And that was on a raggedy **** board. With a good board you can full-health it.

You don't need an insane roster for dpdq. Just 2 stars and the ability to play well.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I almost posted this exact same theory when the 2* Magneto nerfs were announced, but I figured I would just let it fly, hoping that it was just thinking the worst.

I'm pretty sure you are still just complaining about the magneto nerf.
    -MNMags nerf (which therefore almost kills the go to team for crazy scaled goon nodes (I.E. DDQ)
    -Indirect nerf to cStorm

Both are about the magneto nerf.

I am pretty sure this effects shield hopping way more than 2*s doing daily deadpools.... icon_lol.gif

I think everyone on the forums should be happy you never had a 4* Thor, god knows how much you would rage about something legitimate icon_e_wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I don't know you or anything, so the rudeness was completely unnecessary.

icon_e_smile.gif

I was pretty sure I wasn't being rude, but if that's how you felt I apologize.

I think the change to Magneto is one of the few things they have done right lately, especially compared to all the other character changes that bombed.

I only really used AP boosts for PVP, because it guarantees a quick win. I think the ap boost nerf is a good step forward, though personally I wouldn't have minded an even stronger nerf to encourage less pay to win. I have dumped a good bit of HP into +3 all ap on important PVPs, this nerf means I will eat through them more slowly.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Try Ares/Daken/OBW. Great team if you can't use mags/storm/Hawkeye in the second 2* node.
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    I used Ms.Marvel/Storm/Mags before the change, and still do after the change. I refuse to call the change to Mags a nerf because it isn't, but it does change the dynamics of the team some.

Granted, before the change matching those purple tiles to get Cosmic Blue Powah! was more important than it is currently. But the fact that you get to set off Mags red more frequently compensates for that. Granted in my experience wave 2 does get more dicey without all those blue to stun and damage but so far I have not failed to get my team full to the brim with AP by the time Wave 4 comes around. Yes, I still always enough to wipe Wave 4 while taking zero damage.

Seriously, enjoy the new Mags - I think he's worth rethinking your strategy.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelbris wrote:
    Try Ares/Daken/OBW. Great team if you can't use mags/storm/Hawkeye in the second 2* node.

I support this. OBW's double dipping with Espionage makes Daken's strike tiles shine. In my opinion just hitting matches like that and finishing with Chemical Reaction or any of Ares's moves is much more effective than gathering 11 blue for cStorm.

Also, stop the dependency on boosts, for the love of God. A player in my alliance has been playing MPQ a few days more than I and my roster was almost thrice as better levelled up overall. He confessed that he basically uses boosts for every single battle so very little Iso was left for levelling up. The truth is that you don't really need boosts in 95% of the battles you normally fight with them. Boosts were only truly good if you got 6 AP to kickstart a combo or an OP ability that would help you quickly take out a really dangerous character. But in most of the normal cases you just need to pay attention and play well. A maxed 2*s team can actually take on a team with 1 or 2 maxed 3*s, I tell you from experience. You'll still lose from **** cascades from time to time, but boosts wouldn't help stop that anyway.

We had an intervention with that player and though it was difficult to break that habit, he "quitted" boosts and the progress his roster has had since is impressive, and he's having a much easier time with battles that seemed so impossible that he'd have used boosts for them. Turns out that spending Iso in levels instead of one-time bonuses, "boosts" permanently your characters.
  • OBW, cStorm, Thor

Use OBW blue on countdown waves if theyre getting close to zero, use cStorm blue to nuke enemy team and stun heroes with powerfull abilities, pink to steal, red and yellow Thor to do damage and generate cascades... use cStorms green if youre close to 30 AP and dont need big damage, use Thors green when you need to nuke down the hero wave quickly... Usually i can completely wipe the last wave with the stored AP and they dont even have the chance to hit me once.

Ive been using this combination ever since DDQ started and I win on the first try in about 80-90 percent times. The only problem can be if the NPC waves is those stupid little ninjas who leave behind attack tiles when they die... in that case you need to go for green very heavily and try to clean that with cStorm as fast as possible.

Ive also tried Mags / Hawk combo but it feels a bit iffy - the cooldown thingies get often destroyed on hero waves, the Quickshots can do a lot of damage, but its not better than cStorm or Thor triple hit aoe damage. Also the combination I use can kill entire hero wave super fast with stored AP a has better abilities to deal with countdown tiles on NPC waves ( Mags blue is **** compared to OBW blue or cStorm green ).

The best part - no nerfs to my team and I dont need any boosts either.
  • I'm in the middle of transition, my highest 3* is level 117, and I almost always clear the DDQ wave round first time out, every time, without a Mags in sight. Here's my approach, pasted from elsewhere and I'll put it in spoiler tags to avoid filling peoples screens with my rather detailed description of my approach:

Edited for grammar and making it easier to read,
    I always run with a +2 blue/purp boost. My lineup is:

OBW: Indispensible, for surviving first round with her blue to delay countdowns, her purple to steal AP (timing is important to minimise enemy countdown tiles), then my next priority is usually green to feed Daken Strike Tiles & Thor's green power. For certain enemy types remember not to match off their CD tiles until absolutely necessary (EG Snipers always have 1 green CD).

Daken: Match Greens to generate red strike tiles to give enormous damage boost by the time you get to final round.
    Thor: Red/Yellow/Green feed each other and allow for huge alpha strikes in the non-goon waves.

Wave 1 the priority is to build AP and only spend blue & purple when absolutely necessary to prolong the round. In an ideal world you will have enough AP at the end to use Thors Red to end the wave, then go to town with Thors Yellow/Green to devastate the enemy in ...

Wave 2, nuked by Thor almost entirely most of the time, but as long as you were using your purple in wave 1, they wont have enough AP to do much damage so it's another chance to rack up AP, especially blue & purple. You want a minimum 9 blue and ideally a full 30 before...

Wave 3, same as wave 1, blues & purples & AP gathering. About 50% of the time when I get to wave 4 I'll have a full 30 red, yellow, blue, and green (with <10 purple because draining AP with OBW's purple protects you from an early nuke)....in wave 3 I will sometimes focus on greens to make sure theres enough strike-tiles & green AP to nuke the final round...

Wave 4, you will know before it even starts whether you're wasting your time or not. If you have enough AP for 4-5 thor powers then you will be able to take down 1-2-3 of the opposition in the first round and you're basically home free. In a good run with a full stack of 30 red (3xThor Red = 3300 damage excluding strike tile), 30 yellow (2xThor Yellow = 1600 damage + the inevitable cascade can generate anything from 200 to 2500 damage), and 30 green (2xThor Green, upwards of 2500 damage to one person and 1250 to the others).
    There's nothing quite like getting to that final wave, seeing 4hor and some nightmare team awaiting, then just crushing them without taking a single hit.

EDIT to add: One last tip is to KNOW YOUR ENEMY. Prioritising the right foe in waves 1 & 3 can be very important. Knowing whether its worth firing Anti-grav when it makes more sense to just take a little damage (especially in wave 1 with weak mobs) is something you only really learn with time. Focus in waves 1 & 3 on the enemies generating either the most tiles, or those that have the potential for altering the board (EG - Muscle is a good example, they have high HP so normally I would leave them to last BUT I handle them as a priority because they spam yellow which generates really nasty strike-tiles so they're a priority for maggia. For soldiers I prioritise Lieutenants (annoying heal tiles with a CD of just 2) followed by Snipers or any big hitter. For doombots there's a couple of minions that I always leave til last, like the dudes that make the purple 20-turn countdown tiles...)
    EDITED again to add: Sometimes you will just get an awful awful board. If blues are rare then its a nightmare because not only is there no fuel for Anti-grav, but Daken's health takes a beatdown over time. In cases like these if its an 'easy' DDQ with light damage its sometimes salvagable, but if its a 'harder' DDQ like todays with high HP minions spamming strike tiles - you're kind of just boned. Cest la vie.
  • As a star.pngstar.png player I won't say I NEVER have problems, there are some games (always ones with ninjas in the beginning) that I get a terrible board + ninja'ed to death in the first wave.

I would've thrown my Note 4 across the room that day but it's so big I was afraid of putting a hole in the wall. icon_lol.gif
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    As a star.pngstar.png player I won't say I NEVER have problems, there are some games (always ones with ninjas in the beginning) that I get a terrible board + ninja'ed to death in the first wave.

I would've thrown my Note 4 across the room that day but it's so big I was afraid of putting a hole in the wall. icon_lol.gif

I agree with this. Anyone who says their 2* solution to DDQ is foolproof has never faced bad ninja luck.
  • Roswulf wrote:
    As a star.pngstar.png player I won't say I NEVER have problems, there are some games (always ones with ninjas in the beginning) that I get a terrible board + ninja'ed to death in the first wave.

I agree with this. Anyone who says their 2* solution to DDQ is foolproof has never faced bad ninja luck.
    I don't think anybody said about "foolproof" solution. Yes, ninja attack tiles tiles pose IMO the greatest threat in big enchilada. And yes, sometimes you do lose. But you can always retry later or try a different team composition.

Besides, ninja attack tiles were the same danger before. Magneto "nerf" didn't really affect it.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    TLCstormz wrote:

I can now, without the shadow of a doubt stand behind the folowing:

There were probably an unexpected amount of 2* players completing Deadpool's Quest every single day, more than likely with Magneto / Storm / Hawkeye or Thor or etc. For whatever reason, this made the developers feel a need to halt or I guess just slow down their transitions.

Just look at how many things have been implemented within the last few weeks, DIRECTLY effecting 2* players!

-Indirect nerf to cStorm

Everyone that I speak to about DDQ (in alliance, on Facebook, in real life) uses the same team as I do. MNMag, cStorm, Hawk, along with +3 Rainbow or +3 Pink / Blue. So, that's at least 25 people that I personally know who will have a lot a lot A LOT more trouble now.

I don't know what their reasoning behind all of this is, but even if it's NOT on purpose, it would at the very least fall under the umbrella of GROSS NEGLIGENCE (as in mindless carelessness, not legal stuff lol).

Will the updated token probabilities be enough to compensate for this? I really don't think so. :+/

P.S.
    For those of you who are OUT of the transition.....I beg you.....please do not come in here acting all high and mighty and "get better". Please.

Let's take a look of some other changes since obviously there's a conspiracy against you poor 2* transitioners:

* Added DDQ specifically to increase ISO, cover rewards and a garunteed 3* every single day if you have 1 cover.
    * Increased the odds to pull a 3* in tokens
    * decreased the points needed for progression rewards (including the 3* cover) and added a 3rd event token in progression and lowering the 2nd token to what should be achaivable, especially with:
    * changes to MMR to decrease points lost when you have lower points, and constant attempts to fix match-making.

Yeah, the world is out to get you. The only reason why Mmags was nerfed was for winfinite, and obviously it really hurt 2* transitioners who rely on storm/mmags, I fully empathize. MMags nerf actually wasn't that bad though, and adds red AP tiles, so it's not like they changed it to yellow AP tiles. You should still get at least 1 crit per use too. Less boosts being allowed effects everyone equally. Try taking on over lvl 300 nodes without them, or top tier in PvP...I'm a "vet" and I've noticed the change very deeply...although I spend less ISO on boosts now.